Australia Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 5262 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi M&A,

I did applied almost same time as you was in 7 jan 2019 no co no new nothing at all just says on application status: initial assessment and for my sponsor app says submitted .

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi M&A,

I did applied almost same time as you was in 7 jan 2019 no co no new nothing at all just says on application status: initial assessment and for my sponsor app says submitted .
When you do your biometrics and your health exams, the status will change to further assessment. YOU can wait till you are contacted to do the health assessment or you can go ahead and do it in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys

I just wanted to ask if being in a relationship for 6 years and being married for 2 years with a child makes any difference in the visa processing times. Anyone been in this situation.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Hi guys

I just wanted to ask if being in a relationship for 6 years and being married for 2 years with a child makes any difference in the visa processing times. Anyone been in this situation.
It can help with a direct to 100 grant, rather than getting the 309 then applying for the 100, 2 years after the 309 application.

Times vary. Recent direct to 100 grants have taken 5.5 months, 14.6 months, 29.6 months and 41.4 months, from the 309 application date..

Your nationality, and times to do security checks etc, also have an effect.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi guys

It does.. especially when u ave been married for two years.. if all your documents prove and support that u ave been married for two years, u will b granted the permanent visa straight away

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys

We've been married 6 years and we've got 2 kids, and we're coming up on 12 months from date of application (309/100) without any contact from a case officer. Lol. But I'm applying from the States, which is notorious for longer wait times. We're definitely hoping we get the 100 approval straight away, though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did my biometric in 9 jan and my medical exam in 21 jan everything done same time of upfront lodged but still status shows initial assessment and sponsor: says submitted no co no news nothing at all.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I did my biometric in 9 jan and my medical exam in 21 jan everything done same time of upfront lodged but still status shows initial assessment and sponsor: says submitted no co no news nothing at all.
The sponsor status doesnt change.. even after being granted the visa it will still say submitted

·
Registered
301 Posts
The sponsor status doesnt change.. even after being granted the visa it will still say submitted
When you login to your account and u click on view details under applicant, do u see

"This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further information is required"

Or does it say this application requires further information "bla bla" so check something something and upload them??

·
Registered
301 Posts
When you login to your account and u click on view details under applicant, do u see

"This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further information is required"

Or does it say this application requires further information "bla bla" so check something something and upload them??
Mine changed to further assessment after i did the medicals , police check and then clicked the button

"I confirm I have provided information as requested " at the bottom of the upload page

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, they do still get assigned to an embassy - whichever one is closest to you in most cases.

There really won't be too many universal experiences embassy to embassy, unfortunately, except for the waiting (and even that will be different since some people have two years of waiting while others have six months, and some people can visit their partners while waiting and others can't). When a CO gets assigned varies, whether you get notified of this varies, how long your acknowledgment takes varies, how long processing takes varies, if they tell you how long processing will take varies, IF they stick to their quoted processing times varies, whether processing times are getting slower or looking like they might be getting better varies, which forms you need to provide varies, whether or not a tourist visa during processing could potentially affect your application processing time varies, what requirements they have for proving genuine relationships (to some extent) varies, what sort of marriage ceremony needs to have been had for them to view it as legit can vary, etc. etc. etc. It's insane how different requirements can be from embassy to embassy! Yikes.
can you kindly tell me something Collage Girl as I will soon be preparing on offshore visa application for my future wife from Moscow ? Is it possible to specify the UK ambassy when we do it as she willl be with me in UK on a tourist visa ? Or must the Embassy be the one in country where she is a citizejn meaning Serbia as no office in
Moscow any more ?? Am subjectv to the 5 year rule after being deceived ny ex wife and she is in OZ having got away with it which seemed incredible to me ! ( wry smile ).
thanking you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Case submitted:12oct
Medical and biometric:24oct
Documents submitted:19feb
Case status:further assessment
I am from Pakistan my husband is from Australia he sponsored me for visa 309 partner visa
Can any one is from Pakistan? How much time it takes it being 8month

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Is it possible to specify the UK ambassy when we do it as she willl be with me in UK on a tourist visa ? Or must the Embassy be the one in country where she is a citizejn meaning Serbia as no office in
Moscow any more ??
Not sure about Russia, but when we did the offshore one, she was in Australia with me on a visitor visa while it was being processed in her home country.

The email to leave Australia for final decisions came from Manila, her home country.

There is no option to select an embassy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
DOL:7/1/19
Sponsorship submitted :16/2/19
Everything uploaded upfront
Still no CO no nothing at all.
Married over 2 years and have 2 kids .

·
Registered
187 Posts
DOL:7/1/19
Sponsorship submitted :16/2/19
Everything uploaded upfront
Still no CO no nothing at all.
Married over 2 years and have 2 kids .
That seems about par for the course. Current estimates from Home Affairs are 13-19 months. Depending upon the applicants country, some grants come sooner than others - but inside of 6 months is pretty rare.

2461 - 2480 of 5262 Posts