Australia Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 5307 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just a quick one if anyone can help- all evidence gathered, form filled in etc ready to send tomorrow. Three-year-old son's Australian Citizenship however has been submitted almost a month and I really wanted it to be completed beforehand so I could start on his passport. Will it affect my application if I declare he is an Australian citizen on my family unit page?
I was in a similar situation.

I filled out the we have a 2 yo together but did not add her on my application. I submitted my application with no migrating family. Then worked on her citizenship which came through in less than a month. I was called on the phone and asked a couple of questions. When I went to collect her citizenship certificate, which I then uploaded to immi as evidence to support commitment to each other, I was given passport application forms. We filled those out, and returned them, it took 3 weeks for her passport to come through. I scanned and uploaded that as evidence of commitment as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
309 Processing times have updated:
75% - 14 months
90% - 19 months
In comparison, the May 2019 actual times for the 309's on the forum were between 1.4 and 33.6 months.

They were: 1.4, 2.7, 4, 4.7, 5.2, 5.3, 5.5, 5.9, 7.1, 7.3, 8, 8.1, 8.8, 9, 10, 10.8, 10.8, 10.9, 12.2, 12.8, 13.6, 21.5, 23.4 and 33.6 months.

This came out at 75% under 18 months on the forum, a bit worse than the official numbers.. (More applicants on the forum having problems)
However 50% took under 9 months, and 25% under 5.5 months.
I highly appreciate all the statistics, on this page! Very informative. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Aussie sponsor here.

Applied originally for the 309 Prospective Marriage Visa in April 2018.

We got married this year in January and had the Visa application updated to a 309/100. Not sure if this kicks us to the back of the waiting line or not.

For those who received the approval email, was that send to both the applicant and the sponsor?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Hi All,

Aussie sponsor here.

Applied originally for the 309 Prospective Marriage Visa in April 2018.

We got married this year in January and had the Visa application updated to a 309/100. Not sure if this kicks us to the back of the waiting line or not.

For those who received the approval email, was that send to both the applicant and the sponsor?
I saw someone else recently who changed from the 300 Prospective Marriage Visa to the 309, and it didn't seem to have any effect on total processing time to their 309 grant.

They asked the same question not long before they got the 309 grant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw someone else recently who changed from the 300 Prospective Marriage Visa to the 309, and it didn't seem to have any effect on total processing time to their 309 grant.

They asked the same question not long before they got the 309 grant.
Thanks JandE. That's a bit of a relief.

Hopefully not long now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello there!

I am also currently living in Nepal. Working on my application while hubby dearest is in Australia. It certainly is quite challenging without the help of migration agents and these days, my laptop is my best friend, confidant, partner in serious dilemmas.

It would be nice to connect with others on a similar path lest I go insane.
Let's hang in there!
Hi guys Im in nepal too waiting on my hubbys visa/working where are u guys? will try to pm u

·
Registered
16 Posts
[Please i need advice from our members here who have had the issue ].I was tested positive to TB, after receiving the treatment from the panel clinic for 6 months, i was completely treated of the TB, now the panel doctor send my health examination to the department, which the first write up to me is that '' Examination ready for assessment-no action required'' after a day another write up from the health organization saying '' Examinations assessed but further information required''
Please can someone help to explain the meaning of that write-up and what i should do. Will i be told to retake the TB medication for another 6 months after being treated and given a certificate that i have been treated of my TB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[Please i need advice from our members here who have had the same issue ].I was tested positive to TB, after receiving the treatment from the panel clinic for 6 months, i was completely treated of the TB, now the panel doctor send my health examination to the department, which the first write up to me is that '' Examination ready for assessment-no action required'' after a day another write up from the health organization saying '' Examinations assessed but further information required''
Please can someone help to explain the meaning of that write-up and what i should do. Will i be told to retake the TB medication for another 6 months after being treated and given a certificate that i have been treated of my TB.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
[Please i need advice from our members here who have had the same issue ].I was tested positive to TB, after receiving the treatment from the panel clinic for 6 months, i was completely treated of the TB, now the panel doctor send my health examination to the department, which the first write up to me is that '' Examination ready for assessment-no action required'' after a day another write up from the health organization saying '' Examinations assessed but further information required''
Common results for a 'Not Perfect' TB test result are:
  1. Ask the applicant to return for further tests.
  2. Refuse entry to Australia.
You may get asked to return for further tests, or they may have asked the doctor for further information.

My wife had to have a supplementary medical for her visa (But not TB related). But the doctor arranged that before even submitting the result to Immigration, as he knew it would be asked for. He actually saved us time for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank so much JandE, actually i was tested positive to active TB last year when i first did my medical but under go my treatment for 6 month by my panel clinic and doctor, which the treatment was completed this month and i my x-ray was re-done which the panel clinic said that my TB have been treated. So the panel clinic unloaded my medicals which come up yesterday as '' ' Examination ready for assessment-no action required'' and then today as '' Examinations assessed but further information required''. Please will i be told to repeat the 6 months TB treatment that have already be done and cleared or will i do told to carry out more test.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I’m new here. It’s been an anxious journey working on my 309. Reading threads and getting valuable information has been my lifeline! Thank u all in advance.

Dear Navman,
Hey! Namaste to u. I recently applied for 309. My husband is an Australian citizen and I’m from Nepal.
Since you had a similar case, your information would be valuable!

First and foremost, when did you attach your evidence? It has been two weeks since I applied so I’m wondering if I should be worried.

Also, did you use an agent or did it on your own? I’m doing the latter and it is definitely not the easiest task! Any help would mean alotttt! Thank you.

Aura

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey mates

just wanted a quick advise on the 40SP online form for:

I had previously lodged sponsorship for my ex-wife and later withdrew it and resulted in no 309 visa.

Qs : Has this sponsor previously sponsored/nominated a spouse, de facto, prospective spouse or interdependent partner?

do I answer this to be a YES or NO? 309 visa wasnt granted before

pls anyone advise?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
hey mates

just wanted a quick advise on the 40SP online form for:

I had previously lodged sponsorship for my ex-wife and later withdrew it and resulted in no 309 visa.

Qs : Has this sponsor previously sponsored/nominated a spouse, de facto, prospective spouse or interdependent partner?

do I answer this to be a YES or NO? 309 visa wasnt granted before

pls anyone advise?
You have previously lodged a sponsorship, so I would assume it should be yes.

It would be best to explain the circumstances though. Date of lodge, date of withdrawal etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have previously lodged a sponsorship, so I would assume it should be yes.

It would be best to explain the circumstances though. Date of lodge, date of withdrawal etc.
thanks , I have done this , and explained that no visa was granted

does this makes my case any weak? like sponsorship first wife then withdrew and now sponsoring second spouse?

there is a gap of about 10 months in between these applications

2501 - 2520 of 5307 Posts