Australia Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 5334 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
You have previously lodged a sponsorship, so I would assume it should be yes.

It would be best to explain the circumstances though. Date of lodge, date of withdrawal etc.
thanks , I have done this , and explained that no visa was granted

does this makes my case any weak? like sponsorship first wife then withdrew and now sponsoring second spouse?

there is a gap of about 10 months in between these applications
So, 10 months ago you sponsored someone else?

Generally, they look for at least one year of commitment before sponsorship - while I'm not an agent, I'd assume it would be a hard case if you're filing so soon after attempting to sponsor someone else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yup, but we are married now, and engaged about 13 months back.

still difficult?

I thought you need to show 12 months prior commitment or be married to show cont. relationship

·
Registered
187 Posts
yup, but we are married now, and engaged about 13 months back.

still difficult?

I thought you need to show 12 months prior commitment or be married to show cont. relationship
Yes, 12 months prior commitment or marriage. However, if you were engaged 13 months ago, and you sponsored someone else 10 months ago, it's SUPER suspect and honestly, I don't know why they'd grant the visa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, 12 months prior commitment or marriage. However, if you were engaged 13 months ago, and you sponsored someone else 10 months ago, it's SUPER suspect and honestly, I don't know why they'd grant the visa.
no sorrry

first marriaage: 25-Jan-2018
Divorce: March-2018 (we never lived together , just married on paper)

got enaged may-2018
married dec-20118
309 filed: jan-2019

·
Registered
187 Posts
no sorrry

got enaged may-2018
married dec-20118
Even that is super fast, and even with the withdrawal it raises a lot of flags and concern. You really need a skilled agent to guide you on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats

I just got my 309 visa yesterday. I want to share my timeline with you who has submitted the application.
I applied on March 2018,through Australian consulate in Guangzhou China.
My partner and I have been together for 8 years, and recently got married. We were really lucky got a case officer in April, 2018, did my medical check as well as AFP. And we didn't hear anything till September, that I have to do my Chinese non-criminal documents. And it is long wait again till January this year that they confirm the phone numbers with us, that we were thinking they are going to conduct a phone interview. And waited for another 2 month, on the 1st March, someone called me, asked me some of the personal questions, and 12 days later I got my visa.
Took me a year to get it, and the waiting is long, especially after you hand in all the documents, all you can do is wait. But while you are waiting keep uploading the documents supporting the relationship, this will makes the process a lot quicker in my opinion.
I hope everyone who has been waiting for a long time will get their visa soon!
Hi Jacair.

I'm from Guangzhou as well. I applied 309 for my wife in Jun 2018, health exam in Jan 2019, phone interview on the family member on 21 Jun 2019! She is offshore and back in Guangzhou now. How long do you think to take will the visa granted?

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
no sorrry

got enaged may-2018
married dec-20118
Your comments so far have been confusing, or scary, from an Immigration officer point of view, and I would suggest that you do use a Migration Agent, as you could easily say the wrong thing and get a rejection.

Immigration only have so many visas to issue, and they need to cull out some applications where they can.

So far you have married in Jan 2018, and began a visa application.
You divorced within 3 months, but never lived together, so not a real marriage for immigration purposes, even though you planned to use it to get a Visa.
Then you married someone else 9 months later, and you applied for another 309 just 1 month after that.

If I was an immigration officer, I would place it in a too hard basket to be looked at later, maybe a year or so later, see if you are still together.

You mention "just married on paper". That is not sufficient on its own for a visa, it needs to be real. Your first 309 would probably have been refused, and may be treated as such.

You probably should use a Migration Agent. I would if I was in your shoes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw someone else recently who changed from the 300 Prospective Marriage Visa to the 309, and it didn't seem to have any effect on total processing time to their 309 grant.

They asked the same question not long before they got the 309 grant.
Just a quick question. Any idea if they were asked to submit a withdrawal letter (i.e from 300)?

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Just a quick question. Any idea if they were asked to submit a withdrawal letter (i.e from 300)?
I would imagine that they did something like that. A request to change from 300 to 309 would be needed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello all, I'm new here. It's been an anxious journey working on my 309. Reading threads and getting valuable information has been my lifeline! Thank u all in advance.

Dear Navman,
Hey! Namaste to u. I recently applied for 309. My husband is an Australian citizen and I'm from Nepal.
Since you had a similar case, your information would be valuable!

First and foremost, when did you attach your evidence? It has been two weeks since I applied so I'm wondering if I should be worried.

Also, did you use an agent or did it on your own? I'm doing the latter and it is definitely not the easiest task! Any help would mean alotttt! Thank you.

Aura
Hey Aura,

We attached our documents as soon as we submitted the application.

And no we didnt use any agent. There's so much information available on the home affairs website and the fees for the agents were too much for these applications so we decided to do it ourselves. And I definitely agree its not an easiest of tasks. We got married in August and we were working on the application since September but finally submitted the application with most of the documents at the end of December. We kept adding more throughout the waiting period.

Happy to help if you have any other queries. You can private message me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would imagine that they did something like that. A request to change from 300 to 309 would be needed.
Agreed. I did so too. But then they asked me for a withdrawal letter which I submitted. After a couple of weeks I get a mail stating my application has been withdrawn and my visa status as finalised.
It's scary as there is no mention of a change to 309 or a grant.. so just wanted to know if anyone else went thru it and how long did it take them..

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Agreed. I did so too. But then they asked me for a withdrawal letter which I submitted. After a couple of weeks I get a mail stating my application has been withdrawn and my visa status as finalised.
It's scary as there is no mention of a change to 309 or a grant.. so just wanted to know if anyone else went thru it and how long did it take them..
What does your IMMI account say at the moment, for application status?

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Does anyone have the grant statistics for offshore 309/100, applied from UK?

Thanks in advance.
The 309 grants in May and Jun, for UK applicants giving details on this forum, have taken 2.7, 4.6 and 8.8 months.

The 100 grants in May took 1.6 and 0.5 months.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Nothing there either. That just states approval of my withdrawal letter.
Maybe you should ring Immigration and check. It looks worrying.

2521 - 2540 of 5334 Posts