Australia Forum banner

2541 - 2560 of 5331 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 309 grants in May and Jun, for UK applicants giving details on this forum, have taken 2.7, 4.6 and 8.8 months.

The 100 grants in May took 1.6 and 0.5 months.
Thank you.

I am not sure if i should wait for a case officer to request that i go ahead and do my medical, or just do it and see how long it takes for decision to grant the visa?

From what i see on this forum, some people front load both police and medical and never hear from a case officer but are granted the visa, and some wait months and months, its a gamble really, doesnt seem to be any structure on the processing of this visa........ive been married nearly 20 years etc......so im hoping mine wont be too long!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
The 309 grants in May and Jun, for UK applicants giving details on this forum, have taken 2.7, 4.6 and 8.8 months.

The 100 grants in May took 1.6 and 0.5 months.
Thank you.

I am not sure if i should wait for a case officer to request that i go ahead and do my medical, or just do it and see how long it takes for decision to grant the visa?

From what i see on this forum, some people front load both police and medical and never hear from a case officer but are granted the visa, and some wait months and months, its a gamble really, doesnt seem to be any structure on the processing of this visa........ive been married nearly 20 years etc......so im hoping mine wont be too long!!
I will say go ahead and front load it.. its a gamble but it could be a sweet gamble at the end 🙂 nothing really is a gamble when ur significant other is in question. 🙂

·
Registered
104 Posts
I will say go ahead and front load it.. its a gamble but it could be a sweet gamble at the end 🙂 nothing really is a gamble when ur significant other is in question. 🙂
Thank you.
I applied on 23rd May and although police checks have been done and uploaded for myself and my sponsor wife, status just says received, so if i do the medical very soon i wonder if we would still be waiting months down the line before the visa is granted. It seems to work for some and not for others, maybe it depends on which country one applies from.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you.
I applied on 23rd May and although police checks have been done and uploaded for myself and my sponsor wife, status just says received, so if i do the medical very soon i wonder if we would still be waiting months down the line before the visa is granted. It seems to work for some and not for others, maybe it depends on which country one applies from.
I think it really does depend on country. I front-loaded my application from the US in September 2018, and haven't heard anything yet. Am now getting annoyed I may have to spend another $1000 usd for police checks and medical.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
maybe it depends on which country one applies from.
To some degree I am sure it does.

If you were from the US or Canada I would probably want to wait a while, but from the UK, maybe not wait too long??

2019 subclass 309 grants seen on this forum:

USA: 15 grants took between 10.9 months & 18.6 months
UK: 4 grants took between 2.7 months & 9.0 months
Canada: 10 grants took between 7.3 months & 18.4 months
Nepal: 2 grants took between 3.6 months & 23.4 months

Some might get delayed due to poor applications, others might be due to delays in overseas security checks etc.

The UK seems to stand out a bit faster.

I did see another from the UK. They applied in May 2018, with no medical, and were asked for the medical and police checks after 6 months, in November 2018. At February 2019, they still hadn't heard anything. They left the forum in March 2019, (10 months after they applied). No idea if they got the visa at that time or not.

From another source for UK applications:
Medicals not submitted with application, still waiting for grant:
309 app date: 29/10/18 Medicals requested after 5 months on 1/4/19
309 app date: 21/1/19 Medicals requested after 4 months on 24/5/19
309 app date: 9/2/19 still waiting to be asked for Medical

June Grants (medical submitted with application)
309 app date: 15/11/18 Granted 3/6/19 = 6.6 months
309 app date: 10/2/19 Granted 11/6/19 = 4.0 months

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys need help!

I will be lodging an offshore partner visa soon after my marriage in India. I am currently in the Philippines and I just obtained my NBI clearance (PCC). I just thought that while I’m here I should get my PCC as it will be required.

However, the civil status on my NBI clearance shows single. At the time of lodging my application, do I need to apply for a new NBI from India to update my status from single to married?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
To some degree I am sure it does.

If you were from the US or Canada I would probably want to wait a while, but from the UK, maybe not wait too long??

2019 subclass 309 grants seen on this forum:

USA: 15 grants took between 10.9 months & 18.6 months
UK: 4 grants took between 2.7 months & 9.0 months
Canada: 10 grants took between 7.3 months & 18.4 months
Nepal: 2 grants took between 3.6 months & 23.4 months

Some might get delayed due to poor applications, others might be due to delays in overseas security checks etc.

The UK seems to stand out a bit faster.

I did see another from the UK. They applied in May 2018, with no medical, and were asked for the medical and police checks after 6 months, in November 2018. At February 2019, they still hadn't heard anything. They left the forum in March 2019, (10 months after they applied). No idea if they got the visa at that time or not.

From another source for UK applications:
Medicals not submitted with application, still waiting for grant:
309 app date: 29/10/18 Medicals requested after 5 months on 1/4/19
309 app date: 21/1/19 Medicals requested after 4 months on 24/5/19
309 app date: 9/2/19 still waiting to be asked for Medical

June Grants (medical submitted with application)
309 app date: 15/11/18 Granted 3/6/19 = 6.6 months
309 app date: 10/2/19 Granted 11/6/19 = 4.0 months
If an application hasnt been front loaded with both medical and police checks then how does one know when the application would be looked at anyway?

If i arrange my medical now then i wouldnt know when the application will be looked at, i get the overall impression that front loaded applications seem to be looked at much quicker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
when you guys talk about the visa process time maybe depends on where the applicant comes from, does it mean the nationality which shown on passport or where the applicant currently lives?
I’m Chinese, living with my Aussie partner in New Zealand these two years, I submitted my application on 31st March 2019 in New Zealand. Should I refer to NZ’s branch process time?
My application’s status is further assessment, so do sponsor application. Though I know status might means nothing 😂

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Hi,
when you guys talk about the visa process time maybe depends on where the applicant comes from, does it mean the nationality which shown on passport or where the applicant currently lives?
I'm Chinese, living with my Aussie partner in New Zealand these two years, I submitted my application on 31st March 2019 in New Zealand. Should I refer to NZ's branch process time?
My application's status is further assessment, so do sponsor application. Though I know status might means nothing 😂
I would guess NZ processing with the added complications of checks in China.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So, I've booked my medical in London for 10th July. Ive uploaded the email confirmation to my immi account.

Do case officers grant the 309 very close to the validation date of entering australia as my police certificate was done first, so if in the next 12 months my visa isnt granted by then i would have to do the police check again.

I'm assuming they look at which was first, the police check or medical, then if a straight forward application would grant the visa in time to validate in Australia, coukd be very tight???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, My partner had sponsor someone in past and he got his 820 approved but after that the marriage fall apart and she withdraw the sponsor before 801 was issued. This application was made in August 2014 Does this mean i will have to wait till August 2019 before she can sponsor me in terms of 5 years limit ?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi, My partner had sponsor someone in past and he got his 820 approved but after that the marriage fall apart and she withdraw the sponsor before 801 was issued. This application was made in August 2014 Does this mean i will have to wait till August 2019 before she can sponsor me in terms of 5 years limit ?
Yes. You have to wait 5 years from when a previous application was lodged, from my understanding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another question for the hive mind! 😉

Just out of interest, would anyone have a rough statistic of how many people who have filled in a Form 888/Statutory Declaration get contacted? I have 4 of each and was wondering what the likelihood is. Our case is straightforward and we are applying on our own 😊

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All my wife applied on in may 17 for 309. We have submitted all the required docs. She also has through with the interview in may 18. After that thers nothing. Could you guys please help m that how much time it takes after an interview. Thank you All

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another question for the hive mind! 😉

Just out of interest, would anyone have a rough statistic of how many people who have filled in a Form 888/Statutory Declaration get contacted? I have 4 of each and was wondering what the likelihood is. Our case is straightforward and we are applying on our own 😊
I'd like to know too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2541 - 2560 of 5331 Posts