Australia Forum banner

2661 - 2680 of 5307 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finally today, ours says "initial assessment" after waiting since July 18. They need a new FBI check as his expired(I am the Aussies, hubby needs visa, we are in the USA). It might not be prudent for everyone to front load those as they do expire and you just have to pay again when they are requested, like we will have to. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone have any idea how to download skype chats without copy paste but directly as a pdf? Using a free app preferably? The classic skype seems to be able to do that but I can't access it.

Appreciate any assistance.
Hi wanjeri,

Can't you screenshot them? Otherwise you can try going to settings, then messaging and then clicking on export chat history.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Finally today, ours says "initial assessment" after waiting since July 18. They need a new FBI check as his expired(I am the Aussies, hubby needs visa, we are in the USA). It might not be prudent for everyone to front load those as they do expire and you just have to pay again when they are requested, like we will have to. Just food for thought.
Yeah, our lawyer left it up to us, but at times immi will just grant if an applicant is decision-ready, so we were willing to take the risk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A question on residential address.
I am the sponsor for my wife and my residential address has changed from the one I put in when I submitted my form 40sp.
I tried to update the address online and the system says I cannot make changes anymore. Anyone experience this?

BTW, my wife and I are travelling for the next 12 months or so. We don't have a permanent address. What do you out as permanent address?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all,

Firstly congratulations to all who have already received their visa. Wish you a happy life with your partners.

I would like to share my happy news too. I got my visa granted today. My timelines are as per below:

DOL: 25/02/2018
Request for PCC: 28/03/2018
Requests for docs via call/email: 04/06/2019
Request for medicals: 02/07/2019
Visa grant: 01/08/2019
Processing office AHC New Delhi

It’s been a long wait and I’m really excited to see him again.

All the best to all who are waiting for their grants. Hope you receive them soon. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi all,

Firstly congratulations to all who have already received their visa. Wish you a happy life with your partners.

I would like to share my happy news too. I got my visa granted today. My timelines are as per below:

DOL: 25/02/2018
Request for PCC: 28/03/2018
Requests for docs via call/email: 04/06/2019
Request for medicals: 02/07/2019
Visa grant: 01/08/2019
Processing office AHC New Delhi

It's been a long wait and I'm really excited to see him again.

All the best to all who are waiting for their grants. Hope you receive them soon. :)
wow..congrats. you must over the moon. am happy for you. from your timeline am guessing you didnt have any interview right ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow..congrats. you must over the moon. am happy for you. from your timeline am guessing you didnt have any interview right ?
Thank you :). I did receive a call on the 4th of June. I wasn't available so they called my husband. I wouldn't really call it an interview as they just asked for some docs and where I was. They did send the same request via mail as well. So I'm guessing they called just to familiarise themselves? And they never called after that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone just recieved a call from dhc this morning. Didnt really ask a lot of question. How long does it take to get a result after the interview. Our case officer is madhu. Anybody dealt with her before. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
82 Posts
I received the somewhat golden email today, S56 Request for More Information, good that after 15 months they know im alive and waiting, they
just want a marriage certificate sent directly from the (Philippines) govt statistics office, shouldn't be long now i hope...its been a long wait.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wish immigration would at least send a message to say our application has been looked at and is processing.

Its very frustrating not knowing and because of this, we will wait for medical to be requested.

Applied 23rd May and not heard a thing (from UK).

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had same experience in 2014 and my ex wife and I heard nothing for
several months and there was a Case Officer in those days and application
submitted in person at Embassy . They reallty are ignorant as an
acknowledgement just takes a few seconds . Smart not to get a medical
although in practice they probably do not enforce the 12 month rule as my ex wife's was older than a year and no problem and same for police certificate . Might be different as it was 5 years ago . good luck

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wish immigration would at least send a message to say our application has been looked at and is processing.

Its very frustrating not knowing and because of this, we will wait for medical to be requested.

Applied 23rd May and not heard a thing (from UK).
It's frustrating for sure. We waited close to 11 months before hearing anything. Just try, especially so early in the game, to let it go and not think about it or stress. Give it time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
after a year and a week (13th of June 2019), they asked for additional information/documents & submitted them all on the 25th of June 2019...now waiting...not sure if they will call us for an interview or anything...

hopefully the good news will soon come....

thanks

2661 - 2680 of 5307 Posts