Australia Forum banner

2741 - 2760 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello!
I was wondering, maybe a silly question, I already had a RFI and my status changed to "Further assessment", you said the next is "approved", my question is, do you know if they already asked for extra info and that was cleared that mean you for sure will have an approval, or can I still have a refusal?
I'm not sure I entirely understand your question. Once you receive an RFI and your application status is "further assessment", you can still be refused. Further assessment just means they are reviewing your application and the additional information you provided and at some point, they will either refuse or grant your visa. It's not determined until you get the final grant letter. It's just a waiting game until the very end. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello!
I was wondering, maybe a silly question, I already had a RFI and my status changed to "Further assessment", you said the next is "approved", my question is, do you know if they already asked for extra info and that was cleared that mean you for sure will have an approval, or can I still have a refusal?
I'm not sure I entirely understand your question. Once you receive an RFI and your application status is "further assessment", you can still be refused. Further assessment just means they are reviewing your application and the additional information you provided and at some point, they will either refuse or grant your visa. It's not determined until you get the final grant letter. It's just a waiting game until the very end. Hope that helps!
Yes, thank you very much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
09 Mar 2019: Applied Partner visa 309/100 from USA (Application status Received)
09 Aug 2019: Got email 'request for Information' They needed USA State Police clearance for both applicant and sponsor. (Application status changed to Initial Assessment)
20 Aug 2019: Uploaded required documents and form-80 for applicant and hit "I confirm...' button (Application status changed to 'Further Assessment')
26 Aug 2019: Got 2 Visa Grant emails one after another >> one for subtype 309 and other for subtype 100 (Application status changed to 'Finalised')

Total time for RFI email: 5 months
Total time for both 309 and 100 grant 5 month and 18 days

·
Registered
13 Posts
09 Mar 2019: Applied Partner visa 309/100 from USA (Application status Received)
09 Aug 2019: Got email 'request for Information' They needed USA State Police clearance for both applicant and sponsor. (Application status changed to Initial Assessment)
20 Aug 2019: Uploaded required documents and form-80 for applicant and hit "I confirm...' button (Application status changed to 'Further Assessment')
26 Aug 2019: Got 2 Visa Grant emails one after another >> one for subtype 309 and other for subtype 100 (Application status changed to 'Finalised')

Total time for RFI email: 5 months
Total time for both 309 and 100 grant 5 month and 18 days
You are so lucky!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My partner and I just applied and paid for her 309/100 visa tonight! All the documents and police checks have already been submitted, we just need to do a medical. She's from the US; any idea on a timeframe for US applications? Should we do the medical ASAP, or when it's requested by a CO?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi. May I ask what information or documents did they ask? Thanks.
They wanted a PSA issued marriage certificate, the PSA web site has an option (i had no idea) to deliver documents directly to various embassies, the marriage certificate we had uploaded was the original and not issued by the PSA, they requested the document to be delivered to them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh, so it’s been almost 7months!
Have you heard anything from your case officer?
I read another thread which is offshore application through Korea and they got approved for average 6months.
I hope you’ll hear good news soon!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello new to the forum. I applied through London office in Jan 2019. Still waiting!! Is your application straight forward? Mine is full of translated documents
We applied for offshore partner visa Jan 19
Asked for medical and police checks May 19 (we had uploaded them when we did application)
We are living together in Ireland with our 2 children while we wait for an outcome 🤞
Our agent said application states initial assessment.
Not sure what that means lol, anyone had a visa approved through the London office recently? What was your time line?

What does initial assessment mean?

Thank you 😊

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hallelujah, My wife 309 visa granted yesterday

After nerve breaking patience of 22 months got visa granted

DOL: October 17, 2017

Medicals and PCCs front loaded

First Generic email:18 October 2017

Interview::last week 20th August 2019 thru video conference interview

New medical and PCC request: 23 August 2019

Visa granted: 28 August, 2019 (Both subclass 309 and 100 granted together)

Visa granted 8 days after interview.

Application was lodged without agent.

My very best wishes for every one. Happy to answer any questions.

spouse and sponsor from Nigeria

·
Registered
69 Posts
So finally after 10 months of waiting my wife's 309 offshore got granted today. Over the moon now. Seems like a really long wait.

Timeline

DOL - 5th Nov 2018

1st RFI - 2nd Jan 2019 (Generic one asking to upload all documents if we missed)

2nd RFI - 3rd April 2019 (Asking to submit PCC as the one uploaded was expired)

3rd RFI & Sponsor Interview - 21st Aug 2019 (Again asking for PCC as the one uploaded was not acceptable. This was strange because they should have told us regarding this on the 2nd RFI)

Finally Grant - 29th Aug 2019 (2 hours after uploading the PCC's)

Processing office: Beirut Lebanon
Applicant: India

·
Registered
301 Posts
So finally after 10 months of waiting my wife's 309 offshore got granted today. Over the moon now. Seems like a really long wait.

Timeline

DOL - 5th Nov 2018

1st RFI - 2nd Jan 2019 (Generic one asking to upload all documents if we missed)

3rd RFI & Sponsor Interview - 21st Aug 2019 (Again asking for PCC as the one uploaded was not acceptable. This was strange because they should have told us regarding this on the 2nd RFI)

how that wonderful news.. congrats. so only the sponsor was interviewed and not the applicant?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great news on the recent grants here!!
Hi everyone,

So on my immi account which we share with the sponsor hubby, it reads sponsor approved just after his name. But still reads further assessment. Is there anyone else who's seen that on their immi, sponsor approved? But still waiting on Visa? And what that could imply?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Timeline

DOL - 5th Nov 2018

Congratulations! Could you please share what are the questions on the interview? Or is it not allowed? Any tips? Thank you in advance, mate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hallelujah, My wife 309 visa granted yesterday

After nerve breaking patience of 22 months got visa granted

DOL: October 17, 2017

Medicals and PCCs front loaded

First Generic email:18 October 2017

Interview::last week 20th August 2019 thru video conference interview

New medical and PCC request: 23 August 2019

Visa granted: 28 August, 2019 (Both subclass 309 and 100 granted together)

Visa granted 8 days after interview.

Application was lodged without agent.

My very best wishes for every one. Happy to answer any questions.

spouse and sponsor from Nigeria
Congratulations! Could you please share what are the questions on the interview? Any tips on the interview? Is this random or a new thing?
Thank you in advance. Hopeful to your reply :)

2741 - 2760 of 5135 Posts