Australia Forum banner

2821 - 2840 of 5262 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
If one can compute the processing times for the 75th & 90th percentile of applications submitted globally in a month, then one can certainly compute the median processing times for applications per month.
It's just a different representation of the same data.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wonder......

Here's an interesting find:

https://www.righttoknow.org.au/request/granted_partner_visa_309100_and

Request for FOI March 2019
Response: No data available.

Based on that, we may not see the same table for the FY19 fiscal year.
Thanks Excellent find. Hopefully we will see performance indicators for visa processing times for 18/19 in the near future.

I wonder why the Department need to be pushed by the FOI act to obtain their performance. They are by default a monopoly funded by the tax payer without any competition. Therefore, they are obliged to release performance indicators on a regular basis to their principals (i.e. Australian public).

They are probably forgetting that the public is superior to them and they are servants of the public.

Regards, SLB

·
Registered
215 Posts
If one can compute the processing times for the 75th & 90th percentile of applications submitted globally in a month, then one can certainly compute the median processing times for applications per month.
It's just a different representation of the same data.
75th and 90th percentiles are just two points of the time distribution. The median can't be reverse computed just from those two points without knowing the complete distribution. If the 25th percentile point was known, it is possible to roughly estimate the median. Still very rough since the distribution can be skewed.

The Department should release the complete time distribution (rather than just percentile points) to their principals (Australian public). Otherwise, how could the principals know of their performance (especially when there is no competition).

Regards, SLB

·
Registered
16 Posts
If anyone can share any informatiom
-Applied through Srilanka office over 25 months ago. Yea 25 months!! #Visa 309
-No further contact over 12 months.
In reply to the follow up mail" still work in progress and they do thorough check etc..."
-sponsor's 2nd sponsor well over 5 years difference.
-Marriage didnt have any ceremony, no pic with the guest and relatives.

-Applicant was granted short visit visa two times during this period.
-Again just by chasing its not working and dont want to make things complicated either.

Question : if no contact from the office over 12 months-Is it a sign of rejection?

What elses can be done as it is well above the global processing time?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well muntinmia, that is a bit pessimistic. The applicant may have lodged through a faster processing office. 15 months is the global time, whilst for example London and Berlin still smashing it out way quicker. One application through Berlin from March 2019 was recently granted! Most people applying from European embassies gets RFI after 4.5-7 months.

I think SLBee's question is valid and your negative response is not the response we are looking for.

I applied in April and haven't heard anything yet but hoping to hear soon!

Stay optimistic everybody 😁
Hi, which office did u apply through

·
Registered
215 Posts
If anyone can share any informatiom
-Applied through Srilanka office over 25 months ago. Yea 25 months!! #Visa 309
-No further contact over 12 months.
In reply to the follow up mail" still work in progress and they do thorough check etc..."
-sponsor's 2nd sponsor well over 5 years difference.
-Marriage didnt have any ceremony, no pic with the guest and relatives.

-Applicant was granted short visit visa two times during this period.
-Again just by chasing its not working and dont want to make things complicated either.

Question : if no contact from the office over 12 months-Is it a sign of rejection?

What elses can be done as it is well above the global processing time?
No,delay does not mean refusal. However, it appears that the case is complicated. Complications involving children could cause delays.

Has the sponsor visited the applicant's country to be with the applicant for a duration of time? if so, if any social photos are available with friends and relatives that would be very useful. And also shared accounts and any documents to show financial commitments would be useful. If photos with friends in Australia (during applicant's visits) are available that would be helpful. Statutory declarations from friends and relatives confirming the relationship and commitment that could be useful as well.

Regards SLB

·
Registered
215 Posts
Since you paid visa fee means it you requested for visa they will count from that day
I expect the date of lodgement is the date that you initially lodge the application. If the application does not have minimum required information there could be a risk of rejection. I am not 100% sure about this.

Kind regards, SLB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well muntinmia, that is a bit pessimistic. The applicant may have lodged through a faster processing office. 15 months is the global time, whilst for example London and Berlin still smashing it out way quicker. One application through Berlin from March 2019 was recently granted! Most people applying from European embassies gets RFI after 4.5-7 months.

I think SLBee's question is valid and your negative response is not the response we are looking for.

I applied in April and haven't heard anything yet but hoping to hear soon!

Stay optimistic everybody 😁
Hi, which office did u apply through
I applied through Berlin, got a 12 months visitor visa for now so I'm going to Australia in the end of the month!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sponsor didnt visit applicant since DOL.
But have attached few pic since she visited australia -mainly with kids of diffrent families and friends. Statement of parents overseas : relatives and friends in australia (around 5/6 of them) provided. Joint australian bank account , super nominee , money transfer everything provided. Had an agent( not registerrd though) who said applicant visited austrlia twice and some pic were attached which is enough to proof as a genuine relationship and he apparently not willing to attach anything.
Not sure what else we could do but 25 months waiting! We had our whole world stopped for this.Not sure about other ppl but its giving a sort of depression now a days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can payment for the Partner visa be used as evidence?

The sponsor has paid for the Partner's and their child's (under-18) 309-100 visa application, which amounts to almost AUD 10,000.

Can this fact be used as evidence in the visa application?

If yes, what category would it go best under?

Financial aspects? Nature of Commitment?

·
Registered
215 Posts
But have attached few pic since she visited australia -mainly with kids of diffrent families and friends. Statement of parents overseas : relatives and friends in australia (around 5/6 of them) provided. Joint australian bank account , super nominee , money transfer everything provided. Had an agent( not registerrd though) who said applicant visited austrlia twice and some pic were attached which is enough to proof as a genuine relationship and he apparently not willing to attach anything.
Not sure what else we could do but 25 months waiting! We had our whole world stopped for this.Not sure about other ppl but its giving a sort of depression now a days.
This case has taken very long time. I feel very sorry about you. Since this has taken so long, you can email or phone AHC and ask them about the delay. There is a possibility to lodge a complaint to the Immigration Commonwealth Ombudsman. But I'm not sure how successful would that be.

You can see your local member regarding this mater and discuss with him/her. The local member can phone direct AHC and inquire about the case.

Also, you may consider contacting a Registered Migration Agent available from this forum:
https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/252474-registered-migration-agents.html

Please keep updated about your case for the benefit of other members.

Regards, SLB

·
Registered
16 Posts
This case has taken very long time. I feel very sorry about you. Since this has taken so long, you can email or phone AHC and ask them about the delay. There is a possibility to lodge a complaint to the Immigration Commonwealth Ombudsman. But I'm not sure how successful would that be.

You can see your local member regarding this mater and discuss with him/her. The local member can phone direct AHC and inquire about the case.

Also, you may consider contacting a Registered Migration Agent available from this forum:
https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/252474-registered-migration-agents.html

Regards, SLB
Some ppl says reporting to ombusement will help. Not sure waht it is and if it will backfire. Contacted local MP and didnt work that option either

·
Registered
42 Posts
Offshore Partner Waiting Room

Hello every one am new here.am from nigeria and we applied for spouse visa since 14feb 2019.immidiately i was ask to go for my biometric and a referral was generated for me to go for my medicals all did hv been done yet no response from immigration.dis application was lodged in by an agent from aus ever since then.hv been asking d agent whats up he just tell me the process takes tyms dats all.he is not giving hope by telling wot stage it is nw .i dont kw an just waiting with out hving a slight clue of wot is going on.pls any one here wit similar issue and hw did it end up.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Regards, SLB
Some ppl says reporting to ombusement will help. Not sure waht it is and if it will backfire. Contacted local MP and didnt work that option either. Do you mind to share phone # of AHC Colombo office? Any idea how are they .

·
Registered
215 Posts
Some ppl says reporting to ombusement will help. Not sure waht it is and if it will backfire. Contacted local MP and didnt work that option either
What happened when you contacted the local MP? Can you elaborate for the benefit of others.

Another option to consider is for you to go to Sri Lanka and live with your partner for some duration of time. That will show how strong is your relationship and also will significantly increase the genuineness of the relationship.
If there are other complications that you haven't said, that option may not work.

Regards, SLB

·
Registered
16 Posts
What happened when you contacted the local MP? Can you elaborate for the benefit of others.

Another option to consider is for you to go to Sri Lanka and live with your partner for some duration of time. That will show how strong is your relationship and also will significantly increase the genuineness of the relationship.
If there are other complications that you haven't said, that option may not work.

Regards, SLB
After contacting local MP few times they finally sent a letter to immigration minister but cant see any reply from.any whr as 6 weeks gone already. They said to wait for 3 months until we get reply...not sure why they cant call AHC directly.

·
Registered
215 Posts
After contacting local MP few times they finally sent a letter to immigration minister but cant see any reply from.any whr as 6 weeks gone already. They said to wait for 3 months until we get reply...not sure why they cant call AHC directly.
Okay. If you already don't know the reason for the delay try to find out what is the root cause for the delay so that you may be able to assist to resolve at least some issues. You may email Colombo AHC to find the root cause for the delay.

I can think of the following reasons for long delays and refusal:

1. Genuineness of the application (the department is required to satisfy with the genuineness of the application)
2, Involvement of children (in this case, the department is required to consider welfare and safety of the children as a matter of priority)
3. Character of the applicant and sponsor
4. Medical reasons
5. National security
There could be other factors as well.

May be it is a good idea to engage a RMA (possibly from this forum).

Regards, SLB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay. If you already don't know the reason for the delay try to find out what is the root cause for the delay so that you may be able to assist to resolve at least some issues. You may email Colombo AHC to find the root cause for the delay.

I can think of the following reasons for long delays and refusal:

1. Genuineness of the application (the department is required to satisfy with the genuineness of the application)
2, Involvement of children (in this case, the department is required to consider welfare and safety of the children as a matter of priority)
3. Character of the applicant and sponsor
4. Medical reasons
5. National security
There could be other factors as well.

May be it is a good idea to engage a RMA (possibly from this forum).

Regards, SLB
Thanks, How would i find that root cause whereas they dont reply except "work in progress"? Can you share me any phone number? Applicant has no child but sponsor does have . All police check report provided ok. Anyone got any experience about the ombusement?

2821 - 2840 of 5262 Posts