Australia Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 5334 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
We applied May 2019, on immi account still says submitted. We have submitted everything that is needed, the status has never changed to further assessment, still says submitted. Had no contact whats so ever. Getting really cheesed off now with the wait.

Married 17 years, together for 25 years. What more do they possibly need!!!!

A bit concerned now that the application hasn't changed to further assessment 7 months on.
We have been waiting 13 months! No contact, nothing!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,
I am an Australian citizen and have applied 309 for my husband on 01/03/2019 through a migration agent based in Australia. My husband's visitor visa got refused twice as he is unemployed at the moment in India. We are expecting are first child in March 2020.
Please advise can we apply another visitor visa on assistance grounds? Our agent is hopeless and useless.
Any advice is appreciated.
Email me. [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's so exciting to see other people's grants and compare timelines but I'm curious to know whether we can really compare with people applying from different countries? To get a better idea of timelines should I mostly be comparing to people who are being processed at the same consulate as me?

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's so exciting to see other people's grants and compare timelines but I'm curious to know whether we can really compare with people applying from different countries? To get a better idea of timelines should I mostly be comparing to people who are being processed at the same consulate as me?
Processing times do vary with different offices. So i think it best to rather compare with people from same office. But then again. Each case is different and are treated differently.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I assume that timelines can vary for many reasons. How long things take to obtain from your own country, security checks etc., plus of course any other country that you may be in.

The quality of an individuals application can also cause major differences.

I've seen applicants from the UK taking three times as long as other applications from the UK. And some even slower than those from some high risk countries.

But on average, comparing to your same nationality should give a closer idea of times.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a question, which department processing the offshore 309application? because I was under impression that Department of Home Affair assess the application, but now seeing so many people saying the embassy is doing this? I lodged it while I was oversea, but an Australian migration agent helped me to do so.. I am now wondering who actually assessing my applciation ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just a quick update.

My partner had recently done health checkup and the status changed to

"The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment

This had me worried a littleas I thought she might have to get further tests done.

It just cleared this morning to:

"All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

I suppose it is just overseas clinics submitting docs to authorised centers in Australia for verification etc.

Waiting games begin!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just a quick update.

My partner had recently done health checkup and the status changed to

"The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment

This had me worried a littleas I thought she might have to get further tests done.

It just cleared this morning to:

"All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

I suppose it is just overseas clinics submitting docs to authorised centers in Australia for verification etc.

Waiting games begin!
Good luck! It should be fine

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a question, which department processing the offshore 309application? because I was under impression that Department of Home Affair assess the application, but now seeing so many people saying the embassy is doing this? I lodged it while I was oversea, but an Australian migration agent helped me to do so.. I am now wondering who actually assessing my applciation ?
Hello

As per my experience it should be the Processing centre that covers the Country of your current residence.
Suppose you are indian, regardless where you submitted it, it will be processed in India
If you are like me, having Indian passport but living elsewhere, your application will be processed near the country u r living in currently as they need to check your Criminal background.

I hope it helps

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Most 300's and 309's (offshore ones) are processed at the embassy in the Applicant's country, probably by Department of Home Affairs staff.
The 820's (onshore) seem to be done in Australia.

We lodged the 300 online, and spent the waiting time in Australia on a visitor visa. It was still processed in Manila.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Most 300's and 309's (offshore ones) are processed at the embassy in the Applicant's country, probably by Department of Home Affairs staff.
The 820's (onshore) seem to be done in Australia.

We lodged the 300 online, and spent the waiting time in Australia on a visitor visa. It was still processed in Manila.
thank you JandE, this clarify the confusion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think it will get to the point where my husband will have to do a 2nd medical and for both of us our police checks again, can't see the visa being granted within 12 months.

Do the processing offices not realise how costly this can be if it gets to the point of having to re do medicals and police checks!!! The visa was expensive enough!!

Come on London, start getting some grants our way!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I just applied partner visa 100. After like few hours my status became further assessment. Does anyone experience the same? I feel like this is system failure and am afraid that my application is ignored.

3321 - 3340 of 5334 Posts