Australia Forum banner

3341 - 3360 of 5122 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
All,

While I followed this forum for the last few months in support of my 309 application; I wanted to make sure I contribute and share my timeline.

Circumstances are Defacto, relationship nearly 3 years. Living in London

DOL 22/7/19
I immediately (within first week) uploaded all evidence, medicals and police checks.
Grant notification was received yesterday - 10/1/20.

I have not received any communication between DOL and date of grant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to add, my status never changed on immigration account until grant was issued.
My partners sponsorship application’s status also did not change until finalised

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
All,

While I followed this forum for the last few months in support of my 309 application; I wanted to make sure I contribute and share my timeline.

Circumstances are Defacto, relationship nearly 3 years. Living in London

DOL 22/7/19
I immediately (within first week) uploaded all evidence, medicals and police checks.
Grant notification was received yesterday - 10/1/20.

I have not received any communication between DOL and date of grant.
Was that just the 309 granted, or both 309 and 100?
What Nationality?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yay! Received 2 golden emails 309 and 100 today! My timeline as below:

DOL : 27th Apr 2019
Biometrics : 22nd May 2019
PCC : 25th May 2019
Medical : 27th July 2019
Grant : 13th Jan 2020, Kuala Lumpur

Background : Married for 12 years with 2 kids.

No emails or communication from the case officer except to request me to leave Australia. I left on 11/01/2020 and granted on 13/01/2020.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yay! Received 2 golden emails 309 and 100 today! My timeline as below:

DOL : 27th Apr 2019
Biometrics : 22nd May 2019
PCC : 25th May 2019
Medical : 27th July 2019
Grant : 13th Jan 2020, Kuala Lumpur

Background : Married for 12 years with 2 kids.

No emails or communication from the case officer except to request me to leave Australia. I left on 11/01/2020 and granted on 13/01/2020.
Congratulations! May I know roughly what time you have received email for the grant ? Thanks ....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience...

We went via an agent for our 309/100 application. Paid our fee ($2200) to engage them, we are now coming to the 100 stage and we have been told that they will charge another $1100 to complete that part (or we can set up an Immi and complete ourselves).

Their terms are pretty ambiguous tbh, they simply mention "fee for the application" and I have been told that they treat the 309 and 100 as separate applications however we never were told that the 2 stages would be treated as 2 apps from their end.

Has anyone else experienced this? If we have to pay, I guess shame on us for not asking to clarify but at the time we were under the impression it was for both parts seeing as it is really only 1 application with 2 parts, not 2 separate apps. Im confident enough that I could complete the 100 submission myself but guess my confusion is also around the breakdown of fees. eg. Why the $2200 for the 1st part and $1100 for the 2nd?

Lesson learnt for the future perhaps!

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Im confident enough that I could complete the 100 submission myself but guess my confusion is also around the breakdown of fees. eg. Why the $2200 for the 1st part and $1100 for the 2nd?
The 2nd stage is much easier, especially as most of the original form filling is exactly the same as stage 1.

Reactions: mrsmorrow28

·
Registered
130 Posts
The 2nd stage is much easier, especially as most of the original form filling is exactly the same as stage 1.
That is exactly what I said to my husband but he is the worrier in our relationship so he's contemplating paying the $1100

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just received the visa for my visa. Applied in Dubai in April, processed by Beirut office. Roughly 9 months.
We did the application ourselves. We provided all the documents upfront.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience...

We went via an agent for our 309/100 application. Paid our fee ($2200) to engage them, we are now coming to the 100 stage and we have been told that they will charge another $1100 to complete that part (or we can set up an Immi and complete ourselves).

Their terms are pretty ambiguous tbh, they simply mention "fee for the application" and I have been told that they treat the 309 and 100 as separate applications however we never were told that the 2 stages would be treated as 2 apps from their end.

Has anyone else experienced this? If we have to pay, I guess shame on us for not asking to clarify but at the time we were under the impression it was for both parts seeing as it is really only 1 application with 2 parts, not 2 separate apps. Im confident enough that I could complete the 100 submission myself but guess my confusion is also around the breakdown of fees. eg. Why the $2200 for the 1st part and $1100 for the 2nd?

Lesson learnt for the future perhaps!
It's quite easy to do it yourself

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm pushing for do it myself and I'll even give him a 50% discount on the $1100 to be paid to me for my services.... haha :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Guys

Just a quick update from for the Form 40SP question.

I rang the department of Immigration just to clarify my Form 40SP question and according to them, follow the steps as outlined below. A lady answered the call and was very helpful, she asked me to login to immi account and explained the whole process.
Steps:
1.Fill out the forms and pay/lodge the visa 309. Note here, there applicant is my partner and I am the sponsor.
2. Once you have lodged it, you get a TRN Number. It is also there on the Letter of Acknowledgement.
3. Create another immi account on the name of the sponsor (myself).
4. Create a new application.
5. Go to 4th Option > Family and click on "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801)"
6. Fill out the form and upload the documents.

Pretty sure you guys knew most of this already but just a good information to have.

Thanks for the help guys.
Do you have the number for immigration please? I will be calling from the UK. Thank you. X
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/telephone/outside-australia

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Even if you forget to upload something all they would do is ask for it to be submitted.
There's not really any risk here.
In practice they do seem to to ask. But I have seen a notice on the immigration website that says they can finalise a visa application at any time based on what has been provided.

This is the wording:
Decision-making DIMIA can make a decision on a visa application without giving the applicant an opportunity to provide written or oral submissions. DIMIA can also proceed to make a decision if further information has been promised or sought, but not given within the required time frame.

If we assume that they get too many applications and want to trim the numbers down, imagine how easy it would be for someone in Immigration to say "anything over 9 months and still waiting for the applicant to submit what is needed, gets finalised immediately, with a refusal based on insufficient information."

Admittedly that's a worst case scenario, but... impossible?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Laura,

I can give you few answers of your questions based on my experience. I pray that you get a different and better experience

It is totally fine if you get one submitted and one received, do not worry about that, sometimes from received it can directly go to grant as well

-As far as CO is concerned, you don't get nay email if a CO has been allocated. You will get a correspondence from them only if they require more information or if they want you to have an interview, which will be at a very near stage of the GRANT.
The best thing to have is directly a GRANT, coz if they keep asking you more information, the longer your application will take to be granted

-It depends, some people do get it in 2 to 4 months, I haven't received anything and its been 8 months.

-You are more than welcome to contact them, most probably they will say its within their global processing time, or will tell you that it is being processed. However, do not believe in things that says that if you enquire it delays your Decision. Do not trust that,
In my wife's application, the status did not change. We did however notice that the estimate for the length of processing increase.

We had no contact, until 3 days before the visa grant. They required a police clearance for me for a period I was in a country for more than 12 months (at the time of application, I hadn't been in that country for only 7 months). Once I supplied the police clearance, the visa was granted a day later. No other contact whatsoever.

3341 - 3360 of 5122 Posts