Australia Forum banner

3381 - 3400 of 5334 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
My processing time over the normal time. I was asked to give NPC along with evidence of communication.I heard after giving RFI ppl get grant straightaway but i havnt heard anything since we have given everything about 2 weeks ago. Is it normal? or should i expect another longer waiting period?
We had same issue. After RFI, we provided it document straight away. I didn't hear anything back from them so I sent then an inquiry simply asking of they found attached document. I received Grant in next 2 hours.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi to all..

They were asking information about my husband only & nothing for my daughter.

To my understanding, by notifying them on the birth of my daughter using the 1022 form, my daughter will be added onto my husband's application, right? Or am I wrong? She was a new born when we notified immi about her birth.

Up until now, we haven't seen any grant of her visa on VEVO. I am quite worried.

Please help explain to me what is happening? For your information, I have drafted an email to inquire about her.

But I still need to hear things from you guys who would make me get a clear mind.

By the way, I cannot apply for her citizenship by descent, because I am a citizen by descent myself. I have to stay in Australia for two years to be able to apply for her citizenship by descent.

Thank you. I appreciate any help.
This is what I have found:

"A child born overseas can be registered as an Australian citizen by descent if at least one of the biological parents was an Australian citizen at the time of the child's birth."

https://india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/vm_citizen.html

If this does not apply to you, I expect you should contact your AHC for clarification.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is what I have found:

"A child born overseas can be registered as an Australian citizen by descent if at least one of the biological parents was an Australian citizen at the time of the child's birth."

https://india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/vm_citizen.html

If this does not apply to you, I expect you should contact your AHC for clarification.
Hi...

yes, i will email them and ask..i've read a few on this forum, there were a few new born babies at the time of application and before the decision is made, they baby were included into the application...they forgot to add in the baby in the application i guess....

thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
My processing time over the normal time. I was asked to give NPC along with evidence of communication.I heard after giving RFI ppl get grant straightaway but i havnt heard anything since we have given everything about 2 weeks ago. Is it normal? or should i expect another longer waiting period?
We had same issue. After RFI, we provided it document straight away. I didn't hear anything back from them so I sent then an inquiry simply asking of they found attached document. I received Grant in next 2 hours.
pls how did u draft the inquiry did you include you passport number or it was just a plain email thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello every one pls i need an advice.i applied since feb 14 2019 till now have not head anything from them.am from nigeria.am thinking of calling pretoria office but am scared kind off hope it wont affect my application.pls i need advice thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wooohoo.. i just got my grant from nairobi office
Dol 5th april 2019
Pcc and medicals 30th april 2019
Rfi 26th november. Submitted 27th november

Grant 15th January 2020
your nationality plz? The applicant is male or female
The applicant is me , male. From Ghana. No agent used

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have been reading this forum for almost a year now & wanted to thank everyone for their (indirect) help.

I know we are still in the 17-20 month guideline but I am just starting to feel a little panicky, and wanted to post to see if anyone else is in our same shoes.

We applied January 22, 2019
Got /finished request for medical in February 2019
RFI September 2019 (police checks)
Since then, nothing.

My husband is an Australian citizen, he is the sponsor. We have been together 19 years, married 16 years and have two children who are both Australian citizens. We currently live in the US (my home country). We are hoping to move to Australia in June/July. I am seeing people's applications get approved here who applied after us, I know there is no queue, but I guess I am just starting to feel worried and looking for some encouraging words if anyone has any to share.

Thanks,
Ally

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
By the way, I cannot apply for her citizenship by descent, because I am a citizen by descent myself. I have to stay in Australia for two years to be able to apply for her citizenship by descent.
Some wording on the 2 year issue, that I have seen:

If the Australian parent acquired Australian citizenship by descent, that parent must have been lawfully present in Australia for a period or periods totalling at least 2 years at some time in their life.
Have you spent any time in Australia in the past?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wonder why some people get a "further assessment " notification fairly quickly when they have submitted their application and some do not get any notification? Even if front loaded?

Also, my husband has almost used his limit on uploads but we have been away 3 times in 2019, got tickets, photos etc......one of the trips was back to Australia again. Should we be uploading the evidence of these trips? As i am the sponsor, i would have to upload in the available slots, but will a case officer know if i upload further evidence? Been waiting 7 months on 23rd of this month since lodgement and had no contact so far.

Thank you

Look forward to any replies. Xx
I had quite similar case to you guys. I am sponsor and when we applied we end up attaching lots and lots of proofs and then end up reaching 100 limits. I attached all next documents under my profile and in description wrote her name and name of documents.

With Further assessment, with me when I received RFI and after attaching documents as requested there is a button/link under all attach documents page to say that I have attached all documents as requested.
after clicking on that it changed straight away to further assessment from initial assessment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,

Please does anyone have experience applying for a police clearance from Papua New Guinea (PNG)? Also what’s the timeline in getting a Pcc or any other usual information?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had quite similar case to you guys. I am sponsor and when we applied we end up attaching lots and lots of proofs and then end up reaching 100 limits. I attached all next documents under my profile and in description wrote her name and name of documents.

With Further assessment, with me when I received RFI and after attaching documents as requested there is a button/link under all attach documents page to say that I have attached all documents as requested.
after clicking on that it changed straight away to further assessment from initial assessment.
I uploaded further evidence of recent holidays from 2019 yesterday, just photos and some flight information, some was uploaded under me as sponsor and the rest under my husbands name (309/100). I cannot see any link under "attach documents" that says i have attached documents? I checked the application status tonight and it still says last updated August 2019!! I dont know why it hasnt changed to January 2020 after uploading more photos last night.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?? Xx

·
Registered
301 Posts

I uploaded further evidence of recent holidays from 2019 yesterday, just photos and some flight information, some was uploaded under me as sponsor and the rest under my husbands name (309/100). I cannot see any link under "attach documents" that says i have attached documents? I checked the application status tonight and it still says last updated August 2019!! I dont know why it hasnt changed to January 2020 after uploading more photos last night.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?? Xx
Uploading more photos or evidence doesnt change the date of last update. The last update date changes only when u respond to an RFI or when u have done ur medicals or biometrics

·
Registered
39 Posts
Please one more thing,I have no case officer yet but there is consent to do medical since August, the option is not accessible since but now and again do I need a referral letter to do police check or I should go ahead and do it and attached it ?? Am from Nigeria

·
Registered
301 Posts
Please one more thing,I have no case officer yet but there is consent to do medical since August, the option is not accessible since but now and again do I need a referral letter to do police check or I should go ahead and do it and attached it ?? Am from Nigeria
You can go ahead and do the Police check, you dont need referal letter. Saves u time on your procress or you can wait for a CO to be assigned and then send u an rfi to do it. Frontloading seems faster

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have been reading this forum for almost a year now & wanted to thank everyone for their (indirect) help.

I know we are still in the 17-20 month guideline but I am just starting to feel a little panicky, and wanted to post to see if anyone else is in our same shoes.
We applied January 22, 2019
Got /finished request for medical in February 2019
RFI September 2019 (police checks)
Since then, nothing.

My husband is an Australian citizen, he is the sponsor. We have been together 19 years, married 16 years and have two children who are both Australian citizens. We currently live in the US (my home country). We are hoping to move to Australia in June/July. I am seeing people's applications get approved here who applied after us, I know there is no queue, but I guess I am just starting to feel worried and looking for some encouraging words if anyone has any to share.

Thanks,
Ally
Hi Ally
Have front loaded all the required documents?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't believe it but I got my Visa approved this morning!

(And to answer Roadster, yes we had front loaded everything except for the police checks which we did ASAP after the RFI - thank you for asking).

So we were 5 days short of one year in our approval process.

Not sure if anyone knows this but normally when I have travelled to Australia I have had to get an ETA. For our next trip/when we move over do I just bring a printout of the Visa approval letter? Nothing needs to go in my passport (any stickers)? Qantas would be ok with this to let me board?

Thanks.

3381 - 3400 of 5334 Posts