Australia Forum banner

3701 - 3720 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratulations.

What documents did you upload if you dont mind sharing?

Cheers and Best of luck mate
Well I uploaded about 86 documents during this nine months period of waiting time. I went in all relevant categories and tried to upload as much as relevant documents as possible. Every month I uploaded documents which shows we were in contact and our relationship is continuing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congartulation.
If may know, what a questions they asked you by phone interview?

Hi everybody!
I just wanted to share my time line:
Applied on 10.6.2019, front uploaded everything.
RFI on 27.2.2020
Very short phone interview on 4.3.2020 9:30 in the morning.
Grant email 4.3.2020 around 12:30.
No agent

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Everyone,

We recently received an email asking my spouse to leave Australia so that a decision is made on the Partner Visa. We have replied to the case officer with our travel plans for a week. Exiting on a Sunday and returning back following Friday evening which makes it 5 working days.

Is this period sufficient for the decision to be made? Has anyone else come across this situation please share your experiences.

Thank you very much in advance!

DOL - 23rd Feb 2019
Visa office - New Delhi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hopefully good news. some get their granted after 2 hours leaving Australia.

My DOL 20/02/2019. still have no email yet about leaving Australia.
Do you ever get automated email from homeaffairs after a year lodged? email like this : "we are writing to inform you that your application for a partner visa is in progress. your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks".

Hello Everyone,

We recently received an email asking my spouse to leave Australia so that a decision is made on the Partner Visa. We have replied to the case officer with our travel plans for a week. Exiting on a Sunday and returning back following Friday evening which makes it 5 working days.

Is this period sufficient for the decision to be made? Has anyone else come across this situation please share your experiences.

DOL - 23rd Feb 2019
Visa office - New Delhi

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello Everyone,

DOL - 23rd Feb 2019
Visa office - New Delhi
From my experience on a visitor visa....this time is NOT enough...allow 10 working days

I had to do 2 trips becoz of this

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hopefully good news. some get their granted after 2 hours leaving Australia.

My DOL 20/02/2019. still have no email yet about leaving Australia.
Do you ever get automated email from homeaffairs after a year lodged? email like this : "we are writing to inform you that your application for a partner visa is in progress. your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks".

Hello Everyone,

DOL - 23rd Feb 2019
Visa office - New Delhi
Hey hi

Yeah thats an automated mail after 12 months

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Hello Everyone,

DOL - 23rd Feb 2019
Visa office - New Delhi
It varies for different application locations. Most are done within a few days. Often 1 to 3 days, but some embassies appear to take longer.

We did that with our subclass 300. Left on the Friday evening, with the grant on the Monday morning, 11am.

I did hear of one that actually took a few weeks.

We replied to immigration with our travel plans, a 7 day trip, and they didn't tell us it it would be a problem.
Their reply was this:
"J's" flight date has been noted. We will endeavour to finalise this application once she has left Australia.

We chose 7 days as many others has mentioned the grant came within a few days, but I wanted an extra few days just in case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you can apply for family sponsor 600 visa, just put a note in your spouse application in change of circumstance that you have started a 600 visa application as well so CO can be aware of it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

Got my golden email today for my partner and our baby (I’m an Australian citizen by descent)!!

DOL: 11 June 2019
RFI: 8 Feb 2020 (Aus police checks for my gap year there)
Grant: 9 March 2020

No agent used.

On cloud 9 right now ��

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice. My partner (Australian) and I (Irish) were living together in New Zealand at the time of applying. Now as of March my visa ended in NZ, and we’ve both returned to our home countries. We’ve already updated our change of addresses to our respective Aus & Ire addresses. We feel we should give an explanation for these changes so it doesn’t send the wrong message. Is this something we should update in just the general attach documents section, or should it be done through “change of circumstances” link?? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Also an update on our application
DOL 23 June 2019
Front loaded and medical up by August.
RFI 14 January (police checks for NZ)
Nothing since then!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are in a similar stage to you,
My partner is Irish I’m Aussie,
DOL: 27/06/19
RFI 14/02/19for new police cert as my partner didn’t have his middle name in his guards clearance.
Hoping we got approved soon have had to leave Ireland myself recently as I’m 6 months pregnant to have the baby here so everything crossed we hear good news before bubs is due!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quick Question folks, My application status is in Further assessment now after getting RFI and my sponsor immi account status is still showing submitted though my sponsor got RFI as well and we both submitted everything, Does the application status in sponsor immi account changes or does it always stay received, please let me know

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum. It's great to have a community of people going through the same visa!!
Haven't submitted our 309 application yet, but have some questions we'd like to ask.

I'm Japanese and I have been with my Aussie partner for 18 months now (we are currently living in Japan).
Could you give us some examples how you guys justified the date you guys were together from?
Our anniversary date is pretty much a week after we met, and we don't know what sort of documents can prove this.

Also, we have lived together for 9 months now (and been together for 18), are we okay to submit our application already? Or should we wait until we've lived together for 12 months?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum. It's great to have a community of people going through the same visa!!
Haven't submitted our 309 application yet, but have some questions we'd like to ask.

I'm Japanese and I have been with my Aussie partner for 18 months now (we are currently living in Japan).
Could you give us some examples how you guys justified the date you guys were together from?
Our anniversary date is pretty much a week after we met, and we don't know what sort of documents can prove this.

Also, we have lived together for 9 months now (and been together for 18), are we okay to submit our application already? Or should we wait until we've lived together for 12 months?
Hi Magic,
i am no expert but as far as i understand when apply for 309 there is two significant date you need to mention in the application, One is the day that you first met which is the day you first saw each other face to face in person (not via video call) and other one is the more important one, "Date applicant and sponsor committed to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others" it is best that you backup this date with a legal document such as marriage certificate to make the case stronger, in my application i used our marriage date not even the date of engagement as i thought i dont have a legal doc to backup my engagement date.

regarding your question whether to wait for 12 month and then apply i would say considering the processing time of this visa apply it ASAP if nothing holding you back from applying from it no need to make 12 month of living together as by the time a CO looks into the case it will be already pass 12 month. hope it ans your question and do open a immi account and play around with the application form so you will have a better idea what you need to submit the form and trust me its a lot of thing other than that huge amount of money

3701 - 3720 of 5135 Posts