Australia Forum banner

3721 - 3740 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quick Question folks, My application status is in Further assessment now after getting RFI and my sponsor immi account status is still showing submitted though my sponsor got RFI as well and we both submitted everything, Does the application status in sponsor immi account changes or does it always stay received, please let me know
Under 'Check your application status'

Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/applying-online-or-on-paper/online

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum. It's great to have a community of people going through the same visa!!
Haven't submitted our 309 application yet, but have some questions we'd like to ask.

I'm Japanese and I have been with my Aussie partner for 18 months now (we are currently living in Japan).
Could you give us some examples how you guys justified the date you guys were together from?
Our anniversary date is pretty much a week after we met, and we don't know what sort of documents can prove this.

Also, we have lived together for 9 months now (and been together for 18), are we okay to submit our application already? Or should we wait until we've lived together for 12 months?
I think it depends on your circumstances what dates you will end up giving them. Dating for a week and then deciding you are a couple will not be enough to justify a de facto relationship as per the governments definition of a de facto relationship. Being a couple and being in a de facto relationship are two different things.

You don't have to justify the date you were together from. If you met 01.01.2018 and decided on 10.01.2018 that you were a couple then that is just how it is. Put those dates down as the day you first met and the day the relationship began (which is not necessarily the same date the relationship is considered a de facto relationship). You will be asked for both of these dates. The more important date you will be asked for is the third date which is when the de facto relationship began. For most people that will be the date they moved in together (submit the lease with both your names), registered their relationship somewhere (submit certificate), got engaged or married.

The information provided from M&S is also wrong if I may say so... DO NOT apply just now because the visa won't be looked at for a while. This is the requirement according to immigration:
Usually your de facto relationship must have existed for at least 12 months immediately before you apply for the visa.
Emphasis on 'immediately before you apply' not for when they start looking at your application. Applying without fulfilling the requirements for a de facto relationship could end up in the refusal of your visa.

So as stated above you usually have to be living together for 12 months but there are exemptions (for example when you registered your relationship in Australia). Perhaps read through this page 'Meet the Relationship Requirements' to see which conditions apply to your specific situation.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis.../partner-offshore/provisional-309#Eligibility

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks M&S and LJme!
That helps us a lot!
Will start gathering all our docs now so we'd be good to go whenever we can.

Also, for Police Clearance Certificate, the countries that we want the certificates from require a documentary proof which indicates that a COC or police clearance is required and for what purpose. Does this mean we do not submit this with our initial application? and to wait for our CO to request it?and if they do request it, would they provide that documentary proof that says why I need the police clearance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks M&S and LJme!
That helps us a lot!

Also, for Police Clearance Certificate, the countries that we want the certificates from require a documentary proof which indicates that a COC or police clearance is required and for what purpose. Does this mean we do not submit this with our initial application? and to wait for our CO to request it?and if they do request it, would they provide that documentary proof that says why I need the police clearance?
Yap LJme is absolutely right, for de facto relationship you need to wait 12 month before you can apply, i read the word anniversary and thought you are in a married relationship, my mistake and please accept my apology

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yap LJme is absolutely right, for de facto relationship you need to wait 12 month before you can apply, i read the word anniversary and thought you are in a married relationship, my mistake and please accept my apology
No worries! I shouldve used a better wording for that, apologies from my side as well!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks M&S and LJme!
That helps us a lot!

Yes the CO will send u a letter that state they need that. So u use that letter as documentary proof for your police clearance cet

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Is it possible if my husband is in Aus while I'm in the Philippines and he opens a Joint bank account from there? Thanks so much for the reply.
The difficulty is proving identity in person with relevant ID, and giving your signature in person.

An individual bank account can be opened while overseas, but cannot be accessed until after arrival, and relevant ID with signature being personally provided.

We opened a joint account in the Philippines while I was there (PSB), then one in Australia when she arrived here. Both times we both needed to be at the bank in person to give signatures.

This does make me wonder about online only banks these days. No branches, therefore a different way to do ID?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Huhuhu what other financial evidence can we provide? Is it possible to provide bank statements showing him transfer on my phl bank acct?
Financial evidence, in cases like this, seem to be transfers from one partner to another in many cases. Not every applicant even has a bank account.

·
Registered
13 Posts
DOL: 15 May 2019
Request for health undertaking: 21 Feb 2020
Request to leave country: 13 March 2020
Visa grant: 16 March 2020
Visa office: New Delhi, India

They are still processing visas. Just an additional coronavirus notice is added in the grant letter which shows up on immi account when we log in.

All the best to everyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
DOL: 15 May 2019
Request for health undertaking: 21 Feb 2020
Request to leave country: 13 March 2020
Visa grant: 16 March 2020
Visa office: New Delhi, India

They are still processing visas. Just an additional coronavirus notice is added in the grant letter which shows up on immi account when we log in.

All the best to everyone.
Congrats!! That's great news!

My Partner has been requested to leave the country too for processing the application. Can you please let me know which country did you choose to exit and is the applicant already back in Australia now?

Most of the countries have either implemented quarantine or self-isolation including Australia.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats!! That's great news!

My Partner has been requested to leave the country too for processing the application. Can you please let me know which country did you choose to exit and is the applicant already back in Australia now?

Most of the countries have either implemented quarantine or self-isolation including Australia.
My husband was in Australia for a short visit. He received email to leave the country and 13/03/2020 and he left on 15/03/2020. He doesn't plan to travel immediately to Australia due to coronavirus situation everywhere.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is Coronavirus effect ours visas
Yeah I definitely think it will. It would be irresponsible for any country to encourage any travel at the moment, therefore the granting of visas will be put on hold. I think we are all in for a long wait... 😞
I foresee a slower processing some countries and processing centres are in lockdown.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry Guys got it from the other thread, just was being lazy and did not look around. Thanks anyways and hope COVID-19 does not delay visa grants further beyond a reasonable timeframe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry Guys got it from the other thread, just was being lazy and did not look around. Thanks anyways and hope COVID-19 does not delay visa grants further beyond a reasonable timeframe.
That's everyone's hopes and prayers. But with the virus and countries implementing isolating, it might be another two months it so before we see some good progress . Giving countries time to contain the virus before normalcy returns.

3721 - 3740 of 5135 Posts