Australia Forum banner

3841 - 3860 of 5333 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I arrive in Perth on 25.4. and I know that I have to be quarantined in Perth for 14 days. So I have booked a flight from Perth to Brisbane on 11.5. Do i need to inform the West Australian immigration that i arrive on 25.4 in Perth? Do I need to apply for exemption?
Great! Doesn't seem like you need to apply for a exemption. The G2G Pass application does not have an option to tick if your travelling from overseas. Only the below clause is mentioned the WA gov website for international travelers.

https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/...dvice-travelling-and-within-western-australia

'Returning to Australia from international travel
If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident arriving back in Australia you'll be subject to the Australian Government's mandatory quarantine period of 14 days at your first Australian destination.

You will be provided with suitable accommodation to stay in during this period.

However, you will not be permitted to travel domestically (including to your home) or continue on any domestic connections, until the 14 day mandatory quarantine period has been completed.'

·
Registered
22 Posts
irrespective from where you transit in Australia the 14 days quarantine rule will apply. Please read or call and inquire before you arrive. You can go through the below link. Make sure your tickets are booked accordingly and have obtained the QLD border pass too. Best if you can go through WA border restrictions to be on the safe side too.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/heal...rt/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-travellers

"You will be quarantined in the city you arrive in for 14 days, even if you don't normally live there or plan to travel elsewhere in Australia from there."
I will inform you

Can you please update via this thread if any of the above mentioned are not true during your travel since you seems to be travelling soon to Aus.
I will update and write what happened while i am in quarantine. I am Just worried if the authorities in WA may do not let us in.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I will update and write what happened while i am in quarantine. I am Just worried if the authorities in WA may do not let us in.
If you are allowed on a flight to Australia you should be OK to enter.
Australian Border Force liaison officers at overseas airports will work with airlines to identify anyone who should not board a flight to Australia.
Citizens, PR, 309 and 820 holders seem to be automatic, for entry.
And everyone of course does the 14 day quarantine at government supplied accommodation, in the state of arrival.

Travel to the next state, will currently need a pass, and another 14 days quarantine. But that can be done at your home.

·
Registered
14 Posts
309/100 in Guangzhou

Hi everyone! I am new here. Nice to meet you all. :)

I just noticed that the current processing time (when I log in to my immi account), is 13-21 months (before it was 14-22 months). Does that mean it's now quicker?

My details:

Office: Guangzhou
Case lodgement: Aug 2019
Request for further information, Police Certificate and Health Check: Jan 2020
Action above completed: Feb 2020
I am applying for s/c 100 directly as we have 2 children.

My husband is AUS national, I am HK citizen and we have 2 children who are also AUS national. We have been married for almost 6 years.

We are hoping to relocate to Australia in Nov/Dec this year. But given that I need to serve my notice period at work and everything, I am hoping that the visa could be granted soon.

May I ask if any of you has recent experience for lodgement in Guangzhou?

Thank you in advance! :)

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hi everyone! I am new here. Nice to meet you all. :)

I just noticed that the current processing time (when I log in to my immi account), is 13-21 months (before it was 14-22 months). Does that mean it's now quicker?
Not necessarily.

It means that 75% of grants took under 14 months in February, but 75% took under 13 months in March.

10% took over 22 months in Feb.
10% took over 21 months in March.

Probably little change for those that take 9 months.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi everyone! I am new here. Nice to meet you all.

Not necessarily.

It means that 75% of grants took under 14 months in February, but 75% took under 13 months in March.

10% took over 22 months in Feb.
10% took over 21 months in March.

Probably little change for those that take 9 months.
Sorry, when you say 'those that take 9 months', how are you calculating those averages? Per country department? Thanks 🙂

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do you think countries in Complete Lockdown are still processing visas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Who is waiting from India

Hi guys,

Its hard to wait this long, who else is waiting from india ( Feb/March/April) applicants ?

I am an April 2019 applicant from India.
no contact yet.just generic RFI in Feb end - replied that docs already uploaded.
front loaded everything, all docs updated, pics, chats, police clearences.

:(

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Sorry, when you say 'those that take 9 months', how are you calculating those averages? Per country department? Thanks 🙂
From actual March 2020 grants notified on this forum:

The 22 subclass 309 grants on this forum took an average of 10 months.
They varied between 3 months and 17 months.
With the middle 11 grants taking between 7 and 12 months.

75% of these took under 13 months, and 10% took over 17 months (13-17).

That's not much different to the Immigration departments figures of 13-21 for March.

Reactions: Sakura888

·
Registered
45 Posts

That's not much different to the Immigration departments figures of 13-21 for March.
Oh I see, thank you for the reply! 🙂

·
Registered
14 Posts

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation! :)

Hope I my visa will be processed in the average timeframe (10 months)...
Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just applied for 309 on 22 but probably not a good time. everything is locked down and I can't do my biometric as requested. I'm not sure if it affects my visa process

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have just applied for 309 on 22 but probably not a good time. everything is locked down and I can't do my biometric as requested. I'm not sure if it affects my visa process
Hi, I'd like share my experience with you.
I submitted my application in March 2019, then I forgot to do the biomedical until July 2019. However, my visa granted last month, still in the timeframe!
I guess a few months delay doesn't affect visa process time badly. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I have seen some people do their medicals 6 and 10 months after they submit the applications. If you get a specific request to do them, it might be best to reply saying why you can't.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I called dwpartment of home affairs with the same concerns. They said there will be no delays on processing timw. They will continue to assess the application. You need to do biometrics just whenever it opens up again. And you do not nees to let them.know as they are aware so are giving ectensions on the 14 days

I

·
Registered
14 Posts
They are asking my husband PCC, national police check, Sponsorship application 40sp Online.

I want to know if PCC still not issued then should we wait or upload a recepit.?
When did you lodge the application and when did you receive this further assessment?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been reading to this forum for a while and it really helped me through out this processing journey, I am sharing my timeline for the visa 309 grant.

309 visa grant
Date of Lodgement : 24 may 2019
Date of Grant: 24 Feb 2020
Visa processing : New Delhi
Nationality : Indian
Total Time : Exactly 9 months waiting

Just hang in there guys, you will get your grant soon.

Just one more thing : Patience is the name of the game ;)
Did you apply through agent or by yourself?

3841 - 3860 of 5333 Posts