Australia Forum banner

3881 - 3900 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd guess Fiji. My wife and I are in New Zealand waiting for the 309/100 to be granted and its being processed in Fiji despite her passport being an Asian country.

Has anyone heard any grants from Fiji lately? We had our medicals requested in early March and they are completed and passed, now nothing since the lockdown....
Hmm...I wonder how they assign the applications to which country...It obviously doesn't seem to be depending on your passport country. I thought because we did everything through the agent in Australia it would have been a Sydney office.

We applied in March and they requested medical and biometrics straight away. Heard nothing since. When did you lodge?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm...I wonder how they assign the applications to which country...It obviously doesn't seem to be depending on your passport country. I thought because we did everything through the agent in Australia it would have been a Sydney office.

We applied in March and they requested medical and biometrics straight away. Heard nothing since. When did you lodge?
September 2019. We have been married for 3 years, defacto for a long time prior and have a one year old. Did you get a specific Request for Information for the medical or was it just the agent requesting it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
September 2019. We have been married for 3 years, defacto for a long time prior and have a one year old. Did you get a specific Request for Information for the medical or was it just the agent requesting it?
The agent sent the forms for biometrics which was generated automatically i assume as we received it the same day. Also the referral for e-medical was requested straight away and I've just read on the Aust Govt Dept of Home Affairs it says if applying online it automatically direct you to the service.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi All,
I am applying for a partner visa on behalf of my fiance but before I submit it i am wondering if while waiting for the visa to be granted (which cold be up to 18 months or so) can we get married in the mean time? Or once the visa is granted, can we get married while she is on the partner visa or do we have to wait for the 820 to come through?

I don't want the prospective marriage visa as we will be getting married outside of Australia and I think the prospective marriage visa only for those that want to get married once arriving in Australia. Is that correct?

Thanks
First you need to understand that 309 and 820 are for married couples. One is for partners offshore application while the other one is done onshore some mostly after holding a 300 pmv.

You will need to get married first to apply the 309.
If your aim is to go the 820 way then you need to wait for your partner to be given a PMV first. The other option is in the middle of your application if you get married you need to inform the application center and they would switch you to 309 so your partner remains offshore during processing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi All,
I am applying for a partner visa on behalf of my fiance but before I submit it i am wondering if while waiting for the visa to be granted (which cold be up to 18 months or so) can we get married in the mean time? Or once the visa is granted, can we get married while she is on the partner visa or do we have to wait for the 820 to come through?

I don't want the prospective marriage visa as we will be getting married outside of Australia and I think the prospective marriage visa only for those that want to get married once arriving in Australia. Is that correct?

Thanks
you can apply for a partner visa as de-facto and then get married while the application is on process. Just make sure once you guys get married to update 'change of circumstances' on immiaccount and mention about your marriage and update the relevant legal documents to prove the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I did not had any problem entering to country. The border protection called my wife to see if she knows i am coming and after a short interview by police they transfer us to a 5 star hotel. After spending 14 days if we do not have symptoms they let us to continue our flight to qld.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will update and write what happened while i am in quarantine. I am Just worried if the authorities in WA may do not let us in.
Hi, I did not had any problem entering to country. The border protection called my wife to see if she knows i am coming and after a short interview by police they transfer us to a 5 star hotel. After spending 14 days if we do not have symptoms they let us to continue our flight to qld.

·
Registered
50 Posts
oh thats great to hear. Thank you for the update :)
small clarification. do they count the 14 days from the date you arrived or from the next day?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great! Doesn't seem like you need to apply for a exemption. The G2G Pass application does not have an option to tick if your travelling from overseas. Only the below clause is mentioned the WA gov website for international travelers.

https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/...dvice-travelling-and-within-western-australia

'Returning to Australia from international travel
If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident arriving back in Australia you'll be subject to the Australian Government's mandatory quarantine period of 14 days at your first Australian destination.

You will be provided with suitable accommodation to stay in during this period.

However, you will not be permitted to travel domestically (including to your home) or continue on any domestic connections, until the 14 day mandatory quarantine period has been completed.'

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
First you need to understand that 309 and 820 are for married couples. One is for partners offshore application while the other one is done onshore some mostly after holding a 300 pmv.

If your aim is to go the 820 way then you need to wait for your partner to be given a PMV first. The other option is in the middle of your application if you get married you need to inform the application center and they would switch you to 309 so your partner remains offshore during processing.
The 309 and 820 are not just for married couples.

Any couple, either married or not, can apply for the 309 or 820. They just need to prove a genuine relationship, often, but not always, living together.

The PMV is for those who are not able to prove a relationship for long enough.

You do not need a PMV before getting the 820, but a few 820 applicants do come via the PMV route. (Only 2,705 of the 26,118 subclass 820 visas came from subclass 300 visas in 2018/19)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.

My husband and I have submitted our 309/100 application on 27/4/2020. I am currently based in Malaysia and he is a PR in Australia.

I have received the email requesting for biometric check and health assessment. However, with the current COVID19 situation, Malaysia is currently on a movement restriction order and I am unable to process any of the above within 28 days - VFS office not open, hospital not doing health assessments.

1) Do I need to upload a document/declaration onto immiaccount informing them of this? Where should I upload it?

2) other documents have already been prepared, such as form 888, proof of communication, etc - should I proceed with uploading these anyway for the time being?

Thank you! Hope everyone is staying well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, can please anyone let me know do I need to give the witness who attend my marriage and are in Australia or I can give name of any relative or friend.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I will update and write what happened while i am in quarantine. I am Just worried if the authorities in WA may do not let us in.
So happy for you. You are just few days away from being together....not oceans apart just a short flight away. Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts

The 309 and 820 are not just for married couples.

Any couple, either married or not, can apply for the 309 or 820. They just need to prove a genuine relationship, often, but not always, living together.

The PMV is for those who are not able to prove a relationship for long enough.

You do not need a PMV before getting the 820, but a few 820 applicants do come via the PMV route. (Only 2,705 of the 26,118 subclass 820 visas came from subclass 300 visas in 2018/19)
Thanks for the clarification 😊

3881 - 3900 of 5135 Posts