Australia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5294 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Haha we are hoping they will say that about us too!
We've been in and out of Australia together about 6 times in the past year, so we are hoping that might help show we are genuine and they will give us a speedy grant!! Of course, it probably doesn't work like that, but we can hope.

No updates from us still, only that we can't upload any documents to our online application at the moment, and we need to upload our NOIM!
What happens when you try to attach? Have you tried the "attach documents" in the top right corner?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Hey!

Hey Guys!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm waiting for my 309/100 visa as well. It's been 13 months on August 22, 2014.
My case officer has requested for a new Indian PCC and the paperwork for it is underway. My timeline is in my signature below :)
Thought I should say hi! to you all, sailing in the same frustratingly slow as boat.
Good Luck to all! :)

Kind Regards,
Becky

Reactions: Dinkum

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What happens when you try to attach? Have you tried the "attach documents" in the top right corner?
thanks CG, I replied in the other forum, looks like noone here has the same issue so I'll leave that question for the online applications forum instead :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey Guys!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm waiting for my 309/100 visa as well. It's been 13 months on August 22, 2014.
My case officer has requested for a new Indian PCC and the paperwork for it is underway. My timeline is in my signature below :)
Thought I should say hi! to you all, sailing in the same frustratingly slow as boat.
Good Luck to all! :)

Kind Regards,
Becky
Hi Becky! Wow that is a very long wait. I hope you get an answer soon. It sure is hard to just be waiting! Keep us informed about how you're going :)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thank You!!

Hi Becky! Wow that is a very long wait. I hope you get an answer soon. It sure is hard to just be waiting! Keep us informed about how you're going :)
Hey Jmac01,

Thank you for your reply :) It is getting difficult as the waiting time is getting longer.
Thank you for your kind words and I will surely keep you guys updated :)
Good Luck!!
Have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
Becky

Reactions: Dinkum

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yo! I'm still waiting too. I'm currently in the UK with my Aussie boyfriend. I submitted my application April 14th and was assigned a CO 6 weeks later. He starts his job in Melbourne Jan 19th; we're planning on flying before Christmas so hopefully my visa will be granted before then. Anyone know of any other UK applicants?

A

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haha we are hoping they will say that about us too!
We've been in and out of Australia together about 6 times in the past year, so we are hoping that might help show we are genuine and they will give us a speedy grant!! Of course, it probably doesn't work like that, but we can hope.

No updates from us still, only that we can't upload any documents to our online application at the moment, and we need to upload our NOIM!
Hope you get your upload situation sorted, and fingers super crossed now that they grant my VISA quickly because I've just found out that I have an unexpected bun in the oven. My muffin of doom is throwing a wrench in this whole thing if they don't grant by Jan-ish... :(

@H. Protagonist: what was the process for tourist visa 600 extension? Thanks
Hey, emkas. The process was very simple. Do you have an Immi account? If you do, you can apply electronically (just select that VISA and start a new app) and answer several sets of questions (which if you've done a partner or PMV online app you'll be very familiar with). You'll be asked your reasoning for the extension (visiting family and travel, in my case) and the extension date. They grant 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month extensions, though I think the 12 moth requires special circumstances. I requested 6 months from my current 12 month ETA expiry date. Once you've finished answering everything, submit, pay the fee, and then you'll be taken to a document upload page to attach evidence.

Now, they ask for several things like proof of finances, proof of travel, etc., but I'd only managed to attach my marriage certificate, passport photos, and color passport scan before it was granted. Depending on your sit, they may want more evidence, so don't go by mine. Since I already have a 309 application in, they have my finances, addresses, etc. and maybe that's why they OK-ed it with minimal attachments.

At any rate, that's it. It's always scary to fill one of those out and hit submit, but it went through just fine. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey all! My partner just applied for this visa yesterday, he is Scottish and we are in NZ so another Brit/Aus in NZ. I'll wait with you all haha :)

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Yo! I'm still waiting too. I'm currently in the UK with my Aussie boyfriend. I submitted my application April 14th and was assigned a CO 6 weeks later. He starts his job in Melbourne Jan 19th; we're planning on flying before Christmas so hopefully my visa will be granted before then. Anyone know of any other UK applicants?

A
There's a whole thread devoted to London applicants. :) Go to the top of the forum, look for "Partner Visa Wait Times & Resources," click it, and scroll down until you see the link for London. :)

Reactions: roryjenkins

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi aceleary! You're welcome to stay and wait with us here ;) but you might get more luck in the London forum as College Girl said :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hope you get your upload situation sorted, and fingers super crossed now that they grant my VISA quickly because I've just found out that I have an unexpected bun in the oven. My muffin of doom is throwing a wrench in this whole thing if they don't grant by Jan-ish... :(
Well congratulations! That's awesome news, even if it does throw a bun-shaped spanner in the works ;) I hope you get your visa reply soon!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hey all! My partner just applied for this visa yesterday, he is Scottish and we are in NZ so another Brit/Aus in NZ. I'll wait with you all haha :)
Hi Hodgi, that's awesome. It's nice to see other people applying from NZ! It would be good to compare timelines as any progress is made (I'm dying a little bit thanks to the loooong wait!) - on the NZ embassy website it says their service level is 12 months for partner visas from low risk countries which seems so much longer than other places (I think London processes the same applications in about 9 months). Fingers crossed they under-promise and over-deliver :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I submitted my paper application in Singapore in April 2014 and was told by my CO during my interview that we will hear a decision in October (just next month!) or September (if it's urgent). I told her no, it is not urgent as we are looking for me to move to Oz in 2015 but it is always good to hear from them earlier. :) It seems quite accurate according to the timeline given to me when I lodged my application.

Best of luck to everyone applying offshore. It's so tough to be apart!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hows everyones visa process going?! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've actually been wondering that too haha :) nowhere for ours, but we did only apply at the start of the month so expecting that. How about yourself?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I applied 19th of July for USA and still havn't heard anything but rung up and they said we have been assigned a case officer but could take up to 12 months. Where did you apply from?

·
Registered
35 Posts
We applied in April. Partner is American and we're doing an offshore partner visa. Just been asked to provide info and health check and police checks. First time we've heard from them and I'm guessing the name at the bottom of the email is our CO?? Just waiting on the return of the FBI check and getting the extra paperwork together. And waiting....

21 - 40 of 5294 Posts