Australia Forum banner

3981 - 4000 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please I have been asking much,do any Nigerian submitted since January 2019 and still waiting or have visa grant already?
And if you are deported from another country for not having visa ,no sentence will you still get your visa??
And do anybody have clue how to contact immigration, to check on your visa process??
Are immigration working from home now or on lockdown aswell??
Kind answer plz thanks
My husband is from Nigeria - we submitted our partner visa Feb 7th 2019 and still waiting .. have not heard a single word 🙄
but has your husband done his medical? Or have you gotten case officer??
We did medicals/biometrics march 2019, which I assumed is just a standard request to everyone after they apply. No case officer.
We applied for a tourist visa April 2019, was not granted.
Have sent an email to Pretoria April 2020, but received an automatic response saying that the office was closed until further notice and that the maiobox was not monitored 🤨🙄

Its just frustrating. Coming up 16months and no communication from them at all.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
And if you are deported from another country for not having visa ,no sentence will you still get your visa??
It will cause issues, and possibly delays, at the very least.

Breaking immigration rules is not a good start when applying and agreeing to follow immigration rules.

But, people do get grants, after such events. Just accept that your application might take longer than most.

The exact nature of your situation would determine if yours is refused or not.

Bear in mind that there are more applications than there are available visas. Quite a number do get picked for refusal each year.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Before the COVID-19 situation, the 309 processing times were:
Dec 2019: 16-21 = 75% took up to 16 months. 10% took over 21 months.

With much fewer visas being issued, I feel that processing times will be much worse over the next few months.

With some processing offices being closed, this will be even more relevant for some nationalities.

One article has quoted:

Offshore partner visa applicants to face "significantly longer" waiting period
Applicants may face up to two years or more in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak

Reactions: zacshelby

·
Registered
82 Posts
Before the COVID-19 situation, the 309 processing times were:
Dec 2019: 16-21 = 75% took up to 16 months. 10% took over 21 months.

With much fewer visas being issued, I feel that processing times will be much worse over the next few months.

With some processing offices being closed, this will be even more relevant for some nationalities.

One article has quoted:

Offshore partner visa applicants to face "significantly longer" waiting period
Applicants may face up to two years or more in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...r-visa-increase-labor-mp-20200515-p54td4.html Check the news guys😛

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
That story says:
A Labor MP has called on the government to issue tens of thousands more spouse and partner visas as a way of kickstarting permanent migration and economic growth after the pandemic..

Another story says:

A Labor Senator, Kristine Keneally, has called for a reduction in the migration intake after the covid-19 situation is over and Australian International borders open again. Her ideas call for an overhaul of the migration system to give Australians a "first go at jobs" following the coronavirus pandemic.

But even if they did agree with each other, Labor have little say in what happens.

Liberals, the current government, may prefer to target skilled workers for migration, where needed, to kickstart economic growth, rather than unskilled partners.

Reactions: zacshelby

·
Registered
23 Posts
That story says:
A Labor MP has called on the government to issue tens of thousands more spouse and partner visas as a way of kickstarting permanent migration and economic growth after the pandemic..

Liberals, the current government, may prefer to target skilled workers for migration, where needed, to kickstart economic growth, rather than unskilled partners.
I would like to say not all partners are unskilled if its the case they could have offer special visa for skilled partners but its not case ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m a skilled partner and confident I could find work within the first few weeks of landing as I am qualified in 2 construction trades.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I'm a skilled partner and confident I could find work within the first few weeks of landing as I am qualified in 2 construction trades.
Did you consider the cheaper and faster skilled visa route?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm a skilled partner and confident I could find work within the first few weeks of landing as I am qualified in 2 construction trades.
Did you consider the cheaper and faster skilled visa route?
Yes, but we had planned to move in September 2020 giving us a time of 14 months for the visa to come through. I thought this would be plenty of time from what processing times we saw from London.

We felt that at the time of applying the partner visa was a pretty straightforward route to PR and citizenship.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I would like to say not all partners are unskilled if its the case they could have offer special visa for skilled partners but its not case ...
Not all, but when the unemployment rate for partner visa holders, after 2 years in Australia, is about 33%, it indicates that a skilled visa holder would have a better chance to aid the economic growth.

I would guess that a skilled visa applicant, with an Australian partner, would get preferential treatment on the skilled visa stream.
There is an extra 10 points if the partner is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

At about half the price, and twice as fast to get PR, the skilled visa route does appear better than a partner visa.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Who have idea when immigration will start working??
And have any genuine visa refuse?
Or just be granted no matter the delay??
If your wife is not working, is it a problem or will cause delay ??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not all, but when the unemployment rate for partner visa holders, after 2 years in Australia, is about 33%, it indicates that a skilled visa holder would have a better chance to aid the economic growth.

I would guess that a skilled visa applicant, with an Australian partner, would get preferential treatment on the skilled visa stream.
There is an extra 10 points if the partner is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

At about half the price, and twice as fast to get PR, the skilled visa route does appear better than a partner visa.
Thank you ... but know feeling bad ... we should have done this... but one of the migration agent said better to apply 309 ..could you please let me know which kind of skilled visa can be able to apply ....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Random question - Does anyone know what exceptions would be made for my husband going back to the UK for a family matter and being able to return to Australia during Covid travel restrictions?

He is on 309, 100 application is submitted and awaiting approval.

As I understand, I would not be able to go as I cannot get in to the UK as I am not a resident/citizen however he could as he has his passport but what happens when he comes to return here? Would that be acceptable because he is on a 309 or would he need the 100 instead?

Any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
May I ask how long it was for before?
Subclass 309s
Apr 2020: 13-17 = 75% took up to 13 months. 10% took over 17 months.
Mar 2020: 13-21 = 75% took up to 13 months. 10% took over 21 months.
Feb 2020: 14-20 = 75% took up to 14 months. 10% took over 20 months.
Jan 2020: 14-19 = 75% took up to 14 months. 10% took over 19 months

Not really much difference for the majority.

3981 - 4000 of 5135 Posts