Australia Forum banner

4081 - 4100 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Hi. I applied 309 visa online in August. Where do they process 309 in Australia or India if you have applied online.
Offshore visas are normally processed in your country of residence.

However, they can be processed anywhere in the world, and it seems that some may even be processed in Australia at the moment, due to Covid.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did not use any agents when i applied for my offshore visa hence searched and read a lot on how to and what needs to be done to prepare myself to proceed with applying for the visa. The below links personally helped me to structure the relationship statement / statutory declaration under the given criteria.

https://www.myaccessaustralia.com/partner-statutory-declaration/

https://migrationcentreofaustralia....tatement-for-your-partner-visa-with-examples/
Can anyone help me about the 4 statements - financial, commitment, social and development of relationship in Visa 309? Usually, the English level of the immigrant applicant is not high as they are provided with English class after the Visa is granted. Otherwise, when the officer check the form, he may not get the sense or happening from applicant's poor English. My question is what happen if the sponsor help the applicant to write?

Thank you for the person respond to this question.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Can anyone help me about the 4 statements - financial, commitment, social and development of relationship in Visa 309? Usually, the English level of the immigrant applicant is not high as they are provided with English class after the Visa is granted. Otherwise, when the officer check the form, he may not get the sense or happening from applicant's poor English. My question is what happen if the sponsor help the applicant to write?

Thank you for the person respond to this question.
I believe there is no problem with the partner helping with writing it.

I, the sponsor, actually explained in the forms, that I did write it all for her, as it was easier for me to do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks JandE

Actually I asked my wife and applicant to write them. As she hardly used English in her country, her statements are too long winded and reading is very difficult to understand because she uses her mother tongue expression to convert into English. If she were to fill up the Online form restricted to 2000 words, she will quickly fill the statement and only tell half the story. Sometimes, I do not know what she is trying to convey when writing those statements. But when I write my part as Sponsor, it is not exactly the same. But the CO may able to pick the language style and tone same as the Applicant

Any different thoughts???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got 309 granted today. Applied online, through Ho Chi Minh City Consulate (via online), but it seems to be processed onshore due to the consulate operating at a limited capacity. I assume so from the CO's name and response-reply email.

Applied on 3 May 2019
RFI on 6 March 2020
Submitted RFI on 30 March 2020
Yearly Auto Generated Notification on 3 May 2020
Acknowledgement of Document Submitted on 25 May 2020 (I think because I had sent enquiries about the submitted RFI)
Granted today, 8 June 2020

Just a bit more than 13 months, but I think that is because of the coronavirus. Well, going to lurk in Subclass 100 now. Hope you guys get yours granted soon :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Got 309 granted today. Applied online, through Ho Chi Minh City Consulate (via online), but it seems to be processed onshore due to the consulate operating at a limited capacity. I assume so from the CO's name and response-reply email.

Applied on 3 May 2019
RFI on 6 March 2020
Acknowledgement of Document Submitted on 25 May 2020 (I think because I had sent enquiries about the submitted RFI)

Just a bit more than 13 months, but I think that is because of the coronavirus. Well, going to lurk in Subclass 100 now. Hope you guys get yours granted soon
Congratulations to you.
Your news has brought a ray of hope🔥

·
Registered
39 Posts

Applied on 3 May 2019
RFI on 6 March 2020

Just a bit more than 13 months, but I think that is because of the coronavirus. Well, going to lurk in Subclass 100 now. Hope you guys get yours granted soon
congrats is a good news,I submitted mine on 23rd January but nothing yet till now ,is there any one in same time frame with me ?? Am getting worried and my wife is not ok with it ,thinking of divorce since the visa is not yet out.
What can I do please? Kind response

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, I'm interested in what happens to frontloaded medicals/police checks that go over the 12 months.

Will they request for them to be re-done? I don't know if it'll be possible considering this current situation. We applied in Aug 2019, have had one RFI in Aug 2019, which we responded too within a few days. Haven't heard anything since.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Applied on 3 May 2019
RFI on 6 March 2020

congrats is a good news,I submitted mine on 23rd January but nothing yet till now ,is there any one in same time frame with me ?? Am getting worried and my wife is not ok with it ,thinking of divorce since the visa is not yet out.
Hi! We applied for my husbands visa February 7 2019 and have heard nothing since.
He is from Nigeria, we have applied for tourist visas while waiting and all of them have been unsuccessful ☹

·
Registered
130 Posts
>[/QUOTE]congrats is a good news,I submitted mine on 23rd January but nothing yet till now ,is there any one in same time frame with me ?? Am getting worried and my wife is not ok with it ,thinking of divorce since the visa is not yet out.
What can I do please? Kind response[/QUOTE]

I find it very sad that your wife has ran out of patience in just 5 months of waiting. Where's the love? The truth is you might both have to wait even longer, hope she understands tha processing times vary between 13-17 months. We are all patiently waiting, meanwhile keeping hope alive and staying strong. It's hard but that's the reality I think she should be fair on the relationship not unless her intentions were different. Try talking about it in-depth with her. Sorry for the agony, hang in there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, I'm interested in what happens to frontloaded medicals/police checks that go over the 12 months.

Will they request for them to be re-done? I don't know if it'll be possible considering this current situation. We applied in Aug 2019, have had one RFI in Aug 2019, which we responded too within a few days. Haven't heard anything since.
Wait untill they request you to update

·
Registered
6,115 Posts

Some people get a request to do them again.
Some don't, and get the visa without new medicals.

The variation might depend on the country that the applicant is in, and that countries health status, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Applied on 3 May 2019
RFI on 6 March 2020

Just a bit more than 13 months, but I think that is because of the coronavirus. Well, going to lurk in Subclass 100 now. Hope you guys get yours granted soon :)
Congratulations!!!

Your good news made my day and has brought a ray of hope to all of people waiting here! :)

I have also heard that 309s are now processed onshore. Hopefully more buddies here will receive their grants soon!! :) :)

All the best to you.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Some people get a request to do them again.
Some don't, and get the visa without new medicals.

The variation might depend on the country that the applicant is in, and that countries health status, etc.
I see. Thank you for the reply nonetheless 🙂

·
Registered
215 Posts

Applied on 3 May 2019
RFI on 6 March 2020

Congratulations and best wishes.

It is nice to hear a good news, a 309 grant, at this time.

Hope they have given sufficient time for you to arrive in Australia amidst of the current crisis. What is the "last date to arrive" given in the grant letter.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It is very hard and depressing when think of such a long delay that they take to process a visa. Most likely the ;longest delays in the western world. Many have got their grants after very long delays. You can find many examples on this forum. Please try to explain this to your wife.

Some have had success in contacting the processing office via email and phone. I have given a link for you to assist finding your processing office contact details.

Please be careful not to mention about a possible divorce due to visa delay in any communication to the department. They might think that your wife is not committed to the marriage and they typically expect more commitment from a couple to a long lasting marriage.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/offices-and-locations

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations and best wishes.

It is nice to hear a good news, a 309 grant, at this time.

Hope they have given sufficient time for you to arrive in Australia amidst of the current crisis. What is the "last date to arrive" given in the grant letter.
8 June 2021

Hopefully the coronovirus bs is over by then.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Applied on 3 May 2019
RFI on 6 March 2020

Hi! We applied for my husbands visa February 7 2019 and have heard nothing since.
He is from Nigeria, we have applied for tourist visas while waiting and all of them have been unsuccessful ☹
Hello can we link up and share our issues together, am from Nigeria aswell and submitted since January 23

4081 - 4100 of 5135 Posts