Australia Forum banner

4101 - 4120 of 5122 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
congrats is a good news,I submitted mine on 23rd January but nothing yet till now ,is there any one in same time frame with me ?? Am getting worried and my wife is not ok with it ,thinking of divorce since the visa is not yet out.
What can I do please? Kind response[/QUOTE]

I find it very sad that your wife has ran out of patience in just 5 months of waiting. Where's the love? The truth is you might both have to wait even longer, hope she understands tha processing times vary between 13-17 months. We are all patiently waiting, meanwhile keeping hope alive and staying strong. It's hard but that's the reality I think she should be fair on the relationship not unless her intentions were different. Try talking about it in-depth with her. Sorry for the agony, hang in there.[/QUOTE]not 5months but going to 17months now,Jan 23rd 2019,how months have you guys waited

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
not 5months but going to 17months now,Jan 23rd 2019,how months have you guys waited
The average processing time for the 14,847 subclass 309 visas finalised in the 2018/19 year was 323 calendar days (10.6 months).
75% were done in under 391 days (12.9 months).

When you applied, the quoted times were 14-20. (75% took up to 14 months. 10% took over 20 months.)

The latest quoted times were 13-17, so 10% taking over 17 months.

So a bit faster now, in general, but you are in the slowest group.

With fewer 309 grants during Covid, those times might show longer in the next processing time release.

Have you been regularly updating your application with new information?

Reactions: zacshelby

·
Registered
8 Posts
not 5months but going to 17months now,Jan 23rd 2019,how months have you guys waited
If it has been 17 months, you should submit an enquiry. I have seen many people get grant once their application hits or exceeds the 90% global processing time, but only if someone with any authority takes a look.

Just make some noises and get noticed. I personally think anything above 1 year is too long for this sort of visa, but hey, too make fake applications.

Good luck huh.

·
Registered
130 Posts
[/QUOTE]not 5months but going to 17months now,Jan 23rd 2019,how months have you guys waited[/QUOTE]

Thats a substantial amount of time 😭😭😞😞. I'd like to encourage you and wifey....she knows it's not your fault , right? Even for a trained athlete, the race is usually toughest near the finish line.
Perhaps a quick email to the SA consulate since they are open!

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I been waiting more than 21 months for 309 i don't know what to do i had my interview last February 2020 any advice thanks guys
In another 3 months you may be eligible to go direct to PR (subclass 100).

You could wait and hope for that, or send an enquiry asking if there are any problems. That might get the 309 granted, and then you do the 100 application in August/September, and wait again.

With the slowdown anyway, due to COVID, I would be tempted to wait until after 24 months, and then request something, and hope they do the PR grant.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I been waiting more than 21 months for 309 i don't know what to do i had my interview last February 2020 any advice thanks guys
In another 3 months you may be eligible to go direct to PR (subclass 100).

You could wait and hope for that, or send an enquiry asking if there are any problems. That might get the 309 granted, and then you do the 100 application in August/September, and wait again.

With the slowdown anyway, due to COVID, I would be tempted to wait until after 24 months, and then request something, and hope they do the PR grant.
Pls how do u mean make another application in August /September for PR,thought this application is for both 309 and 100 why making application again for 100.pls explain.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Pls how do u mean make another application in August /September for PR,thought this application is for both 309 and 100 why making application again for 100.pls explain.
24 months after the 309 application, you do the 2nd stage application for PR, the 100 visa. This is normally done after the 309 is granted, and involves similar form filling and documentation as the 309 application for the applicant.

When a 309 application goes past 24 months, they sometimes issue the 100 without that second application.

·
Registered
42 Posts
24 months after the 309 application, you do the 2nd stage application for PR, the 100 visa. This is normally done after the 309 is granted, and involves similar form filling and documentation as the 309 application for the applicant.

When a 309 application goes past 24 months, they sometimes issue the 100 without that second application.
Alright thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Please form 1243i is it biometric?? Or another form to fill and submit??
My form is still at initial assessment, what does it mean pleas

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, Form 1243i is information in regards to biometric and how the department handles your personal information.

You should get an S257A "Requirement to Provide Biometrics".

Double check if the agency that does the biometrics is open during these COVID-19 times.

Please form 1243i is it biometric?? Or another form to fill and submit??
My form is still at initial assessment, what does it mean pleas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I’d share with you that we got our 309 partner visa granted on Thursday 11th June.

Applied 3rd July 2019.

Police and medical checks mid October 2019.

Updated every 3 months.

11 months and 7 days with no contact until grant.

We had a compassionate reason and applied for the exemption/600 visa but didn’t need those in the end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share with you that we got our 309 partner visa granted on Thursday 11th June.

Applied 3rd July 2019.

Updated every 3 months.

We had a compassionate reason and applied for the exemption/600 visa but didn't need those in the end.
Can you please mention where did you apply from?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share with you that we got our 309 partner visa granted on Thursday 11th June.

Applied 3rd July 2019.

Updated every 3 months.

We had a compassionate reason and applied for the exemption/600 visa but didn't need those in the end.
London office.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,

Applied 3rd July 2019.

Updated every 3 months.

London office.
Congratulations on your grant😊

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

Applied 3rd July 2019.

Updated every 3 months.

Congratulations on the visa grant! :)

Did the grant letter say if your visa was processed in London or onshore in AUS?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all.. looking for help with a New Zealand consent/release form. Partner and I lived in NZ last year, have provided police checks already and got an RFI today for our consent to the release of full criminal record. Question is, on the form what address do we put? The address we lived at in NZ or our current (non NZ) addresses?

Hope someone can help.

PS. Applied from NZ in June 2019 and processing in Fiji - first we’ve heard since January so Fiji must be processing again.

4101 - 4120 of 5122 Posts