Australia Forum banner

4121 - 4140 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Guys

This may not be relavant to the exact name of the thread but just for information's sake, I had applied for my partner's Tourist Visa Subclass 600 (Tourist Scheme) and received the grant letter yesterday.

It took 6 days for the visa to be granted. So I am assuming that tourist visas are on priority if they are for an immediate family member of a permanent resident / citizen of Australia.

Her other 309 application is still on further assessment and I am not hoping any movement on that for at-least 6 more months.

Goodluck to all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Guys

This may not be relavant to the exact name of the thread but just for information's sake, I had applied for my partner's Tourist Visa Subclass 600 (Tourist Scheme) and received the grant letter yesterday.

It took 6 days for the visa to be granted. So I am assuming that tourist visas are on priority if they are for an immediate family member of a permanent resident / citizen of Australia.

Her other 309 application is still on further assessment and I am not hoping any movement on that for at-least 6 more months.

Goodluck to all.
If I apply for visit visa any chance for granted? While waiting for 309?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did the same. Applied for a visitor visa while waiting for 309.

It got granted in 6 days. I am not saying all visas will be granted in 6 days but it could an indication that they are prioritizing visitor visas for any PR's or citizen's family members.

·
Registered
45 Posts

It got granted in 6 days. I am not saying all visas will be granted in 6 days but it could an indication that they are prioritizing visitor visas for any PR's or citizen's family members.
yes they said they are prioritizing visitor visas for applicants in the exempt category...may i ask ,which office you applied with ? and the visitor visa was granted from your country or from australia ?
also did you have to do biometrics for the visitor visa ?because most centers are closed .

·
Registered
65 Posts
yes they said they are prioritizing visitor visas for applicants in the exempt category...may i ask ,which office you applied with ? and the visitor visa was granted from your country or from australia ?
also did you have to do biometrics for the visitor visa ?because most centers are closed .
Hi

She just applied online. The application didn't have any office as such mentioned. It was from Nepal but not sure where it was processed from. Doesn't say any office as such on the grant letter either.

She didn't have to do biometrics. Once the visa was submitted, it did ask for a request to provide biometrics but because all the offices that provide biometrics services are closed in Nepal, she couldn't upload it. I was actually waiting for approx. 7 days and give them a call asking them if my wife could get an exemption from biometrics but the visa was granted earlier so didn't have to call them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi

She just applied online. The application didn't have any office as such mentioned. It was from Nepal but not sure where it was processed from. Doesn't say any office as such on the grant letter either.

She didn't have to do biometrics. Once the visa was submitted, it did ask for a request to provide biometrics but because all the offices that provide biometrics services are closed in Nepal, she couldn't upload it. I was actually waiting for approx. 7 days and give them a call asking them if my wife could get an exemption from biometrics but the visa was granted earlier so didn't have to call them.
thank you !
what proof or important papers you think we should include in our application ?
also did you ask for 3 or 6 months ?and how many months of stay they gave you ?
thank you so much

·
Registered
65 Posts
thank you !
what proof or important papers you think we should include in our application ?
also did you ask for 3 or 6 months ?and how many months of stay they gave you ?
thank you so much
No worries.

She uploaded our marriage certificate, a strong letter of invitation from my side, my bank accounts with enough funding to support here when she is here, my payslip, a letter from work that showed i didn't have enough holidays to travel.

I asked for a 6 month visa and they granted a 6 month visa.

Reactions: thunderland87

·
Registered
82 Posts

Wow may i ask how much visa fee and how much need to show balance for support?? Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
It cost $145 as visa fee and bank balance depends upon how much your forecasted expenses is.

I would suggest to show about 10 times your weekly incom. I showed roughly that much but cannot guarantee that it could be enough for all situations.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It cost $145 as visa fee and bank balance depends upon how much your forecasted expenses is.

I would suggest to show about 10 times your weekly incom. I showed roughly that much but cannot guarantee that it could be enough for all situations.
I don't understand sorry how can show 10 times your weekly income?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't understand sorry how can show 10 times your weekly income?
If for instance you earn $1,000/wk, i suggest to show $10,000 as savings bank balance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok but that one be not original
And if i apply visit visa included working ??
I suggest to submit a "proof of balance" document if you are in Australia. You can take that document out from your mobile banking app.

I am not aware of a visitor visa that has working rights if that is what you are referring to.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
And if i apply visit visa included working ??
A visit visa does not permit working.

Working on a visitor visa can result in visa cancellation and future entry bans.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Calls for compassion and flexibility

Calls for compassion and flexibility in granting exemptions on travel restrictions. See this video: Zali Steggall MP

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
During 2nd Feb to 6th May, out of 996 requests for travel exemption on compassionate grounds, 801 were approved, and 195 rejected.

It seems most requests are successful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Guys

Goodluck to all.
Hi Sudeep,

didi you apply first for a tourist visa and then an exemption ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Sudeep,

didi you apply first for a tourist visa and then an exemption ?
Hey

I havent applied for an exemption yet but yes, that would be the procedure.

I will be applying for an exemption soon.

You can only apply for an exemption if you have a valid visa which now in my case, I have a valid visa.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No worries.

She uploaded our marriage certificate, a strong letter of invitation from my side, my bank accounts with enough funding to support here when she is here, my payslip, a letter from work that showed i didn't have enough holidays to travel.

I asked for a 6 month visa and they granted a 6 month visa.
thank you for your help!
did you need to provide proof of your wife's ties to her home country (like leave letter from work ,assets..etc ) to convince them that she will return before visitor visa expires ?

4121 - 4140 of 5135 Posts