Australia Forum banner

4161 - 4180 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Seems like London office is working well. Someone from partner visa group on FB got her 309 in 2 months!🤔
I've seen two 309s on FB being granted yesterday, with application dates April 2020 and August 2019.

That 2 month one, with 1 year together, applied for Covid travel exemption, before grant.
The 10 month one had been married for 20 years with children.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This may be a question more for migration agents but has anyone heard of other Gov. departments (i.e.ATO) contacting the Immigration Dep. in order to escalate an issue or grant an exception for a visa due to exceptional circumstances?

Seems like London office is working well. Someone from partner visa group on FB got her 309 in 2 months!🤔
I've seen two 309s on FB being granted yesterday, with application dates April 2020 and August 2019.

That 2 month one, with 1 year together, applied for Covid travel exemption, before grant.
The 10 month one had been married for 20 years with children.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would have thought so too but when I called immigration last week with our situation..(after holding me on the line for 2 hrs) they said they're waiting on the ATO to give them instructions in order to expediate the visa.

When I asked for further clarification as to how the ATO has influence on the visa decision.. their reply was 'We're not obligated to explain how departments communicate' lol

I was hoping someone had dealt with similar info in the past. Seems super strange..

Usually it would be the other way around, immigration checking with ATO or Centrelink regarding the Bona Fides of application.
Every department is independent, and hardly likely to be readily influenced by any other department.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I got my 309 visa.. I have to travel Australia next month.. What documents required for first time travel as m travelling for first time from India to Australia?? Plz help me?? Document and which form need to have??

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Would have thought so too but when I called immigration last week with our situation..(after holding me on the line for 2 hrs) they said they're waiting on the ATO to give them instructions in order to expediate the visa.

When I asked for further clarification as to how the ATO has influence on the visa decision.. their reply was 'We're not obligated to explain how
departments communicate' lol

I was hoping someone had dealt with similar info in the past. Seems super strange..

Usually it would be the other way around, immigration checking with ATO or Centrelink regarding the Bona Fides of application.
Every department is independent, and hardly likely to be readily influenced by any other department.
"instructions" may very well be information, to confirm some claim that has been made.

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Hi I got my 309 visa.. I have to travel Australia next month.. What documents required for first time travel as m travelling for first time from India to Australia?? Plz help me?? Document and which form need to have??
You need nothing other than a valid passport and a ticket, though to be safe , most people print out a copy of their visa grant in case there are any questions.
I believe 309 visa holders don't require to apply for an exemption to travel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmm, makes a little more sense. Thanks.

When I asked for further clarification as to how the ATO has influence on the visa decision.. their reply was 'We're not obligated to explain how
departments communicate' lol

"instructions" may very well be information, to confirm some claim that has been made.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hello

^^^ Hi, when did you apply, have you got your visa just recently ?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts

When I asked for further clarification as to how the ATO has influence on the visa decision.. their reply was 'We're not obligated to explain how departments communicate' lol

I can only imagine that delay when checking on previous tax debts etc, where applicable.

Many countries tax departments are now sharing information.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can say for certain that neither of us have an undeclared debt..that's what's baffling.

I can only imagine that delay when checking on previous tax debts etc, where applicable.

Many countries tax departments are now sharing information.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Can say for certain that neither of us have an undeclared debt..that's what's baffling.
If you had one, they might have found it, and finalised it, but if you haven't, it might take them longer to realise you don't have one...

There are so many uncertainties just now with COVID, there might be many reasons for various delays.

Has the applicant had any other visa, and spent time in Australia before ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, the applicants been twice in Aus (Tourist 600). Always adhered to conditions and his current 600 is still valid.

If you had one, they might have found it, and finalised it, but if you haven't, it might take them longer to realise you don't have one...

There are so many uncertainties just now with COVID, there might be many reasons for various delays.

Has the applicant had any other visa, and spent time in Australia before ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
hello guys,
wanted to ask a question, if u r onshore and the department asks u to leave the country for a decision to be made

How do u even prove to the airlines that u r able to fly back to Australia, as ur visitor visa expires and ur 309 will be finalised once i will be outside,
coz as far as I am aware, they dont let board if we dont have proof that we can return back as per the Return ticket booked

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone
my first post is a question . My wife (Chinese citizen in china) and I permanent resident have applied in January for a 309 and where meant to meet again in February but my flight was canceled for obvious reasons !
Since there is no easing in sight we decided to apply for a tourist visa under the special circumstances because she is my wife !

We aren’t sure what to put in the letter in regards to the time for her to stay here then usually tourist visas are 90 days maximum per stay but with the situation of flights and quarantine it seems very tight !

Should we ask in the letter for a longer duration or will the department adjust that automatically?

Any ideas are deeply appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have applied for 309 Visa on 28 March 2019. I submitted the documents to migration agent in Sydney. I didn't receive any email until RFI on 2 March 2020. So I have a confusion that does the RFI means my application has been allocated a case officer or not?
It will be 4 months since RFI and 15 months past the lodgement. The agent says I have to wait more as I don't have any case officer.
So did someone had similar experience?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I have applied for 309 Visa on 28 March 2019. I submitted the documents to migration agent in Sydney. I didn't receive any email until RFI on 2 March 2020. So I have a confusion that does the RFI means my application has been allocated a case officer or not?
It will be 4 months since RFI and 15 months past the lodgement. The agent says I have to wait more as I don't have any case officer.
So does someone has similar experience.
To get an RFI, a case officer must have sent you that request. Hence a case officer has looked at it.

The main reason for delays at the moment are probably due to fewer visas being granted due to the Coronavirus.

Reactions: Harry86

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Hi
How long it takes to get exemption for wife under subclass 600 ? (309 processing) Any idea ?
The fastest I have seen took 1 hour. Some take a lot longer.

4161 - 4180 of 5135 Posts