Australia Forum banner

4241 - 4260 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello guys! Lodged my partner visa since end of sept 2019. Medics at the start of oct 2019. Ive been following this group for months and its really desperate to see how long some offices take to process visas especially from Pretoria. I know you must be thinkin its still too soon to be frustrated. But, i had a pretty bad experience with an aussie agent who made a fool out of us. I was on visitor 600 for a yr in australia.After this i returned to my home country. Partner visa offshore and again visitor 600 which got refused twice! (doesnt satisfy the criteria of staying temporarily in australia).My partner and i had been apart for already a yr now. We changed agent and applied a 3rd time and ive got a 3 months sponsored family stream but unfrtunately by the time it got approved coronavirus was here! International travel banned! I just hope i hear smthing soon. 😔
Hi Massi.

My application was from Pretoria too...cot the grant in 14th month thus month...with full covid restrictions... dont lose hope.
.they are still processing. ..

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

My 309 visa is issued on 17 April 2020. I have a question for 100. Do I resubmit an application or after landing Australia and spend one year with my husband and I am eligible for 100?

we pay both fees in one application, Now we have to give proof of ongoing relationship?

anyone, please guide.

Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Hi,

My 309 visa is issued on 17 April 2020. I have a question for 100. Do I resubmit an application or after landing Australia and spend one year with my husband and I am eligible for 100?

we pay both fees in one application, Now we have to give proof of ongoing relationship?

anyone, please guide.

Thanks in advance .
You start stage 2 of the 309/100 on the date 24 months after you submitted the 309 application.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

anyone, please guide.

Thanks in advance .
I think April 17, 2020 was the last date when New Delhi office granted 309 visa. Seems like they have stopped processing 309 visa after that. Its 3 months now, and only God knows when New Delhi office will start granting 309 visas, and help people like me come out of the our misery.
You are very lucky. Congrats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All (those who applied 309 visa from India),
Few days ago I raised an enquiry to New Delhi office because its more than 15 months since I lodged visa application for my wife. I got response as "The New Delhi office is working with very minimal staffing at present, this is significantly impacting our ability to provide our usual standard of client service and process applications."
I want to know is there a way to escalate this issue to the immigration team in Australia and tell them to atleast take some action on partner visas that are more than 12 months old, because the lazy bunch of people sitting in Delhi office don't care that their slow processing times are affecting relationships and making lives of couples (who are separated for long time) miserable each day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dont worry mate :)

Few days ago I raised an enquiry to New Delhi office because its more than 15 months since I lodged visa application for my wife. I got response as "The New Delhi office is working with very minimal staffing at present, this is significantly impacting our ability to provide our usual standard of client service and process applications."
I want to know is there a way to escalate this issue to the immigration team in Australia and tell them to atleast take some action on partner visas that are more than 12 months old, because the lazy bunch of people sitting in Delhi office don't care that their slow processing times are affecting relationships and making lives of couples (who are separated for long time) miserable each day.
^^yes, Andy

I share your sentiments, dont worry mate, we are on same boat, and as far I can tell there is dozen people only in this forum who were caught in the middle because of covid.

Stay strong , talk to your friends and Famiily, I myself have made peace with it becuase thinking of this was causing anxiety and depression , stuck away from loved one is not easy, only on whom this is happening can understand.

as of me , I am waiting to for things to go easy, praying to god, more international flights, who knows in 1-2 months we have some routes open and all grants come in.

even the consulate knows and they understand, hopefully they will kickstart this soon.

As of today, if my partner comes, its an out of pocket expense of $5000

which is nothing if we want our partner here, but a bit more wait ( i know its easy to say) and wonderful days are not far.

try other routes such as visitor visa /Exemption.

@ everyone, please keep on sharing your thoughts, i myself find all of you asfreinds on same journey, Horizon is not that far.

Quoating gautama Buddha "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, we also applied for 309/100 from India in early March 2019- we've been waiting for 16 months now and getting very frustrated with the wait times
I am planning to send through an enquiry at 18 months (so in about 6 weeks) to line up with global processing times
If you find a way to escalate this matter, can you please update the group or send through a DM?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
With so few 309s being finalised worldwide, it might be an instruction from Australia to hold the finalisation of applications back, until Australia opens up again.

The idea is to do whatever is possible to reduce the numbers of people arriving in Australia during COVID-19.

10 July 2020- Australia will halve the number of international arrivals to the country to ensure the risk of COVID-19 infections can be properly managed.

13,380 Australian resident visa holders/Citizens arrived in Australia during May 2020, compared to:
866,280 Australian resident visa holders/Citizens arrived in Australia during May 2019.

And they are cutting those May 2020 numbers even more from July.

Western Australia will limit international arrivals to 525 per week.
New South Wales has set a maximum of 50 inbound passengers per flight, and 450 inbound passengers per day.
Victoria has banned international arrivals.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Just received the grant for my sc 100. Holy smokes.

Must enter by this time next year.

Reactions: MeatHead

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Congratulations. Let's hope the borders open before that.
The only issue for a PR entering Australia at the moment is getting a flight, and paying quarantine.

Obviously, for the flights, there are fewer seats available at the moment, and the costs might be higher than normal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations. Let's hope the borders open before that.
The only issue for a PR entering Australia at the moment is getting a flight, and paying quarantine.

Obviously, for the flights, there are fewer seats available at the moment, and the costs might be higher than normal.
Yeah, it would be insane to try to come to Australia at this point, let's say you get a flight and have arranged hotel quarantine costs- considering flights from SE Asia are around $ 6k per person plus hotel charges of another $ 2k minimum, that's $8k per person. Then you have to remember that getting employed here from day 1 is next to impossible with this pandemic( even odd jobs are hard to come by) so you'll have to have an addional $5k for food, rent and basics to get you through the first few months. God help you if you have kids migrating with you. If it was me, I d postpone any travel for 6 months and maybe start considering travel plans within 6 months of the IED.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yeah, it would be insane to try to come to Australia at this point, let's say you get a flight and have arranged hotel quarantine costs- considering flights from SE Asia are around $ 6k per person plus hotel charges of another $ 2k minimum, that's $8k per person. Then you have to remember that getting employed here from day 1 is next to impossible with this pandemic( even odd jobs are hard to come by) so you'll have to have an addional $5k for food, rent and basics to get you through the first few months. God help you if you have kids migrating with you. If it was me, I d postpone any travel for 6 months and maybe start considering travel plans within 6 months of the IED.
That is sort of the plan. I have until next year to arrive, which is fine. If I'm just coming back to holiday and activate the visa, then the biggest cost is flight and quarantine, but who knows where that will be at this time next year, or in six months even.

When we relocate back to Australia permanently we aren't worried about a place to stay etc. I know I can get a job with my old employer and we can stay with my mother in law, so in that respect we are quite lucky. It's just waiting while the world calms down a tad.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

Oddly enough, some of the flights (return) to and from Brisbane from Canada are as little as $1,300. Obviously there is the risk of the flights selling out or being cancelled all together, but coming back to activate the 100 is a must, so whatever the cost we will have to pay.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Oddly enough, some of the flights (return) to and from Brisbane from Canada are as little as $1,300. Obviously there is the risk of the flights selling out or being cancelled all together, but coming back to activate the 100 is a must, so whatever the cost we will have to pay.
Stories like this one would concern me:

"Australians trying to return home from overseas are reportedly being bumped from flights if they do not upgrade to business class. [the airline he booked with cleared his family off the flight before he learned they were favouring business class passengers to cut capacity down to the 50-passenger limit.
'As best as I know, all economy passengers were cleared off the flight to make room, with a 50-person limit for premium passengers only - first class and business class'
]"

A business class fare from the US was quoted at $35,000, in the article.

4241 - 4260 of 5135 Posts