Australia Forum banner

4381 - 4400 of 5333 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I finally received the 309 visa after almost a year.

DOL 27 August 2019. Medicals submitted in Feb 2020.
Granted on 21st August 2020.

No RFI, but I applied for a visitor visa and exemption a few days ago.
Congratulations!!

Which country is the applicant from?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Has anyone been able to get excemption to get out of Australia for a while?
What documents did you submit and under what reason did you apply to leave.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally received the 309 visa after almost a year.

DOL 27 August 2019. Medicals submitted in Feb 2020.
Granted on 21st August 2020.

No RFI, but I applied for a visitor visa and exemption a few days ago.
Did you apply for the visitor visa and then your 309 was granted shortly thereafter? Or was your 309 granted before you applied for the exemption?
I have heard about this happening recently, and I'm wondering if applying for an exemption via Visitor is prompting them to look at outstanding 309 claims.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I'm wondering if applying for an exemption via Visitor is prompting them to look at outstanding 309 claims.
I have seen a few that received a 309 grant after submitting a visitor visa application and an exemption from the travel ban.

The result might depend on your compelling reasons and circumstances for the request.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello people!

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the helpful information posted on this website.

I submitted my application on the 16th of April, 2020. And, last week I received an Email from Immigration requesting a copy of my birth certificate. And, an updated sponsorship application from my partner. Obviously, my partner and I attached the requested documents to my account.

My email contained: A person of contact with a position number. Does that mean i have been assigned to an agent?
Could someone just clarify if that is good news or not. I am kind of worried about this whole situation especially with whats going on in the world right now.

I applied for Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) - Offshore. Country of residence, Germany.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello people!

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the helpful information posted on this website.

I submitted my application on the 16th of April, 2020. And, last week I received an Email from Immigration requesting a copy of my birth certificate. And, an updated sponsorship application from my partner. Obviously, my partner and I attached the requested documents to my account.

My email contained: A person of contact with a position number. Does that mean i have been assigned to an agent?
Could someone just clarify if that is good news or not. I am kind of worried about this whole situation especially with whats going on in the world right now.

I applied for Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) - Offshore. Country of residence, Germany.

Kind Regards,
Great news!

Must mean they are looking at it.

Did you get your biometrics done?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello people!

Kind Regards,
Great news!

Must mean they are looking at it.

Did you get your biometrics done?
They have not asked for biometrics before in regards to the tourist visa -in which I obtained to go see my partner a few times before. And, I'm not sure if they would specifically ask for this type of visa? The previously mentioned is all what they asked for. Also, should I wait until they request medicals? Or just go and do them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
They have not asked for biometrics before in regards to the tourist visa -in which I obtained to go see my partner a few times before. And, I'm not sure if they would specifically ask for this type of visa? The previously mentioned is all what they asked for. Also, should I wait until they request medicals? Or just go and do them?
You may not require it being that you are from Germany.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You may not require it being that you are from Germany.[/QUOTE]

Yea, maybe. Let's wait and see! But, I'm not sure whether to do the medical now or when requested?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Petition

Hi all,

I know this was posted previously but I'm going to post it again for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. This is a link to the petition that will be reviewed and debated in Parliament this upcoming Monday (Aug 31st). It highlights the need for changes in the partner visa process for a fairer, quicker process. For those of us who are being sponsored and currently stuck in Australia unable to leave for our visa to be granted, this is our chance to change the rule of offshore visas only being granted offshore!

If you or your partner, family, or friends are Australian citizens, please sign the petition as soon as possible. The more signatures, the more weight this thing carries. It only takes a minute

Thanks!!

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_sign?id=EN1677

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
For those of us who are being sponsored and currently stuck in Australia unable to leave for our visa to be granted, this is our chance to change the rule of offshore visas only being granted offshore!
There is a possible drawback to that, if it was to be passed.

We know that immigration need to control the numbers entering Australia, and they will find ways to reach their targets.

If it is legislated that offshore applications can be granted while onshore , they may stop granting visitor visas to offshore partner visa applicants.

During COVID, that rule should be relaxed, as a special situation, and if that was presented as a separate issue, I feel it would have a good chance to be granted.

The wording of the bill to be debated is of concern, where it says "refusing to let people who are currently in Australia on a temporary visa and who are granted an offshore partner visa to activate that visa without having to fly overseas".

I can imagine the reply regarding this: "people who are currently in Australia on a temporary visa and who are granted an offshore partner visa. As they do not need to leave, if it has been granted.

We know what he means, but the wording could have been a bit better, for something that needs to be very clear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
For heaven's sake not this again!
The fact that it has struggled to gain so few signatures is a clear indication that in these perilous times people are far more concerned with their own situation.
Other people have commented that the petition is poorly constructed, is contradictory, and choosing to present it at this time is foolhardy.
I doubt greatly it will be "debated" it will be probably " tabled" and the relevant minister will have 90 days to respond.
Of course the visa system needs overhauling, but the middle of a pandemic , when Citizens cant even visit their own children because they live on the other side of the state border, is not the best time to do it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
For those of us who are being sponsored and currently stuck in Australia unable to leave for our visa to be granted, this is our chance to change the rule of offshore visas only being granted offshore!
There is a possible drawback to that, if it was to be passed.

We know that immigration need to control the numbers entering Australia, and they will find ways to reach their targets.

If it is legislated that offshore applications can be granted while onshore , they may stop granting visitor visas to offshore partner visa applicants.

During COVID, that rule should be relaxed, as a special situation, and if that was presented as a separate issue, I feel it would have a good chance to be granted.

The wording of the bill to be debated is of concern, where it says "refusing to let people who are currently in Australia on a temporary visa and who are granted an offshore partner visa to activate that visa without having to fly overseas".

I can imagine the reply regarding this: "people who are currently in Australia on a temporary visa and who are granted an offshore partner visa. As they do not need to leave, if it has been granted.

We know what he means, but the wording could have been a bit better, for something that needs to be very clear.
J and E is there a Bill being tabled or are we talking about a petition?
I am a bit confused

·
Registered
12 Posts
received the golden email today!!!

Timeline:
Applicant: Sri Lankan
Applied: 12/03/2019
RFI : 31/07/2019
(asked for marriage certificate from native language and generic relationship evidence)
RFI: 29/07/2020
(new police check for applicant)
Granted 309: 28/08/2020

4381 - 4400 of 5333 Posts