Australia Forum banner

4401 - 4420 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
J and E is there a Bill being tabled or are we talking about a petition?
I am a bit confused
There is the petition and the House Notice Paper No. 63 - 25/08/2020.

It seems it is a Private Members Business, not a Bill.

But that seems similar to the petition.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Partner visas are by law meant to be granted on a demand basis and can not be capped. The department is in breach of the act.
Partner visas are not capped.

From what I have read, permanent migration can be capped.

The issue in question is that some people want more of the percentage of visas granted to be given to Family visas (Partner Visas etc) and less to Skilled migration applicants.

That is 'allocation of available grants', rather than capping in the normal sense. Hence no specific breach of the act, or at least none that anyone seems able to do anything about legally.

2019-20 was:
Skill stream (108,682 places in 2019-20, 69.5 per cent of the program).
Family stream (47,732 places in 2019-20, 30.5 per cent of the program).
These percentages have been similar for some years now.

For more family visas to be issued, they would need to reduce the numbers of skilled visas granted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If the department is putting a ceiling to the number of family visas they will grant every year which is supposed to be based on a demand driven basis not a set number by the government and perhaps this number could decrease gradually when the department decides to lower the migration intake, then its a cap.

If it looks like a cap, it feels like a cap then its a cap. I don't know which logic you're using.

It's OK to defend the DHA if you like but no need to suck up for them that much mate. You have a grossly disgustingly negative vibe. Your body itches you a lot every time someone write about petition or class action against DHA. Are you peter Dutton?😂

Partner visas are by law meant to be granted on a demand basis and can not be capped. The department is in breach of the act.

The issue in question is that some people want more of the percentage of visas granted to be given to Family visas (Partner Visas etc) and less to Skilled migration applicants.

That is 'allocation of available grants', rather than capping in the normal sense. Hence no specific breach of the act, or at least none that anyone seems able to do anything about legally.

2019-20 was:

For more family visas to be issued, they would need to reduce the numbers of skilled visas granted.

·
Registered
67 Posts

2019-20 was:

From the link I posted above;

(1) reaffirms that:

(b) while the Minister generally has the power to limit the number of visas in particular classes and subclasses by using the program management provisions in s86 of the Act, s87 of the Act explicitly prevents the 'capping' of visas to people who apply for a visa on the grounds that they are the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen or permanent resident;

(2) condemns the Government for:

(a) using the administrative tool of migration program planning levels to unlawfully override the legislated program management tools in s86 and s87 thus effectively 'capping' partner visas against the intent of s87 of the Act;

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's OK to defend the DHA if you like but no need to suck up for them that much mate. You have a grossly disgustingly negative vibe. Your body itches you a lot every time someone write about petition or class action against DHA. Are you peter Dutton?😂
Ahahaha I was going to say are you sure you are not Dutton, trolling as a 'concerned citizen'?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mate, seriously this guy's [email protected] are absurd and he thinks he knows it all. In many comments, i saw his replies to people saying, DHA will process 309 applicantions when the pandemic is over, are you bloody kidding me? is that your stupid negative opinion for real? How do you even know that the pandemic will be over? What if the pandemic is over after 10 years, will they keep holding the applications for 10 years? It doesn't make sense. If you don't know, say i don't know rather than harming other with your baseless replies.
@jandE you're a disgrace.

Ahahaha I was going to say are you sure you are not Dutton, trolling as a 'concerned citizen'?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
If the department is putting a ceiling to the number of family visas <...> then its a cap.

If it looks like a cap, it feels like a cap then its a cap. I don't know which logic you're using.
The correct logic, that immigration will use whether we like it or not.

I prefer to get facts correct when fighting an argument.

I believe that a correct petition would have more of a chance than one with errors.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I think that Peter Dutton would be more concerned with a petition that targeted the correct points, rather than one that has factual errors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
JandE boy, don't ever defend a corrupt system that you know its corrupt and you admittely illustrated that it is hell for applicants. Look at your comment in 2015 mate (attached)? Did you forget that? "Hell for applicants ". Remember this is a cap buddy!

Now, regarding the petition, who the bloody hell asked you for your opinion about it?

I get it , you don't like the petition and you rather to suck up for Dutton, fine, that's a matter for you mate, but when everytime someone puts a post about the petition, you start coming up with your stupid ugly unjustified comments about the petition in the hope of making the people feel this isn't gonna work, then somebody has to smack you on the back of your head and wake you up.

This petition has collected over 6500 signatures and julian hill MP has decided to lead a motion on the parliment this coming monday because he also believed in this petition. The petition is working and it will continue to work and make noise in spite of your hate.

Mind your business mate and make sure when you answer someone's question, you tell them you are just an amateur and not a RMA.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Mate, seriously this guy's [email protected] are absurd and he thinks he knows it all. In many comments, i saw his replies to people saying, DHA will process 309 applicantions when the pandemic is over, are you bloody kidding me? is that your stupid negative opinion for real? How do you even know that the pandemic will be over? What if the pandemic is over after 10 years, will they keep holding the applications for 10 years? It doesn't make sense. If you don't know, say i don't know rather than harming other with your baseless replies.
It is a fact that the numbers of 309 grants have reduced during COVID.

I personally feel it is better to say that many applicants will have to wait, rather than say, "don't worry, you will get your grant soon".

Labor MP Julian Hill, the MP that has started the members bill or notice, has called for the federal government to address the estimated backlog of up to 100,000 partner visa applications to kick start migration after the pandemic subsides.

Many people seem to feel that many visas are on hold due to COVID.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I get it , you don't like the petition and you rather to suck up for Dutton,
I would prefer a petition that does not have errors, and that has a better chance of success for those that need it.

You prefer a petition with errors that Peter Dutton can shut down relatively easily.

I would rather support one that is accurate and cannot be disregarded due to its errors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lol. We are extremely lucky and thankful that you do not prefer our petition as we do not need your support indeed. I don't think any of us has asked you to support our petition.

Rather than running your mouth, go lead us, make a petition and show us what a good petition looks like.

I recall you words in 2015 " Hell for applicants"

Enjoy sucking up for Dutton mate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pin it on the forum? This way JandE will suicide.
lol, ROFL, thanks for standing up, enough of this maths/facts/figurs, blah blah blah on this forum, partners and visa applicant s should make a stand.

seriously , who gives a shit about facts n figures, point is "dont play with human emotions" dont make this forum a Math/fact tutorial, people are suffering, Australians and thier partners should not suffer, face end, we are not discussing skiiled migration here.

If anyone is obsessed with this forum and has negative vibe, please go and vent your severe OCD somewhere else, lets human rights take over.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mate, you ain't a RMA to say to the people visas will be granted when the "pandemic is OVER".

There is an official monthly processing average that gets published in monthly basis, if you asked any RMA about processing times, they will directly refer to the department's average monthly processing even though we all know this processing times can be in accurate but this is the official source that we stick to but You are seriously weirdly negative mate.

It is a fact that the numbers of 309 grants have reduced during COVID.

I personally feel it is better to say that many applicants will have to wait, rather than say, "don't worry, you will get your grant soon".

Labor MP Julian Hill, the MP that has started the members bill or notice, has called for the federal government to address the estimated backlog of up to 100,000 partner visa applications to kick start migration after the pandemic subsides.

Many people seem to feel that many visas are on hold due to COVID.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Agreed. I hope JandE can learn something from what you have just said.

I usually don't argue with anyone in this forum or elsewhere but i had to stand and say to him something due to his overwhelming negativity.

Pin it on the forum? This way JandE will suicide.
lol, ROFL, thanks for standing up, enough of this maths/facts/figurs, blah blah blah on this forum, partners and visa applicant s should make a stand.

seriously , who gives a shit about facts n figures, point is "dont play with human emotions" dont make this forum a Math/fact tutorial, people are suffering, Australians and thier partners should not suffer, face end, we are not discussing skiiled migration here.

If anyone is obsessed with this forum and has negative vibe, please go and vent your severe OCD somewhere else, lets human rights take over.

4401 - 4420 of 5135 Posts