Australia Forum banner

4461 - 4480 of 5122 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulation, congratulations, and, do you think the health risk is over now? :D i believe you said that it is to risky to bring them from overseas, I guess a lot has changed, not with the virus though, maybe with your Commitment to minimize the risk to your family! How did your heart allow your wife and child to fly in a plane where Corona-virus could be circulating under every single seat? I believe those coming from overseas constituted more than %90 of the country's infections, that is a big risk,Sammy

Cool story

My wife is sitting next to me. Its our wedding anniversary today. Yay us....

No theres not a million reasons why. Just the 1.

My wife and son came home a few weeks ago

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes sorry i did misread the "beyond"
Thanks for acknowledging that.

[/QUOTE]Ok what exactly is the process then?[/QUOTE]

You want me to write an essay? Given the format of this forum, it's more appropriate to reply to specific questions if and where I have direct experience or may be able to offer comment on first hand. Given the complexity of the process and that every individual case is different, I try to be open minded and offer helpful, supportive replies to direct queries.

I think the problem in here recently has been that people have been pushing their own agendas and unsolicited opinions that are out of context with the discussion, their direct experience or current circumstances.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congratulation, congratulations, and, do you think the health risk is over now? :D i believe you said that it is to risky to bring them from overseas, I guess a lot has changed, not with the virus though, maybe with your Commitment to minimize the risk to your family! How did your heart allow your wife and child to fly in a plane where Corona-virus could be circulating under every single seat? I believe those coming from overseas constituted more than %90 of the country's infections, that is a big risk,Sammy
Wow you really have a bee in your bonnet over this lol

If you must know i work in the Aviation sector as a LAME and one of my close friends is a part owner in an air charter company. So i was lucky enough to get my wife and son on a charter flight on a small private jet with 4 other people on board all of whom had to produce negative Covid tests to be allowed on board and to enter Australia. So it was quite safe

I hope this answers all your questions but if you do have more, do not hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LMFAO! I'm sorry Sammy I couldn't hold myself from laughing at your lie!
Unfortunately, a lot of people end up lying just like you just did now for the sake of getting out of a situation. you lost my respect.

you didn't fear about your family getting into the airport and catch an infection there?or maybe the charter picked them up from the roof of the house!

you didn't care about the fact that the COVID tests are only 60 - 80 percent accurate, so there is a chance one of those sharing the charter plane with your family could infect them?

you didn't care that your family could catch the infection even in the hotel quarantine?

#Sammyisaliar

Wow you really have a bee in your bonnet over this lol

If you must know i work in the Aviation sector as a LAME and one of my close friends is a part owner in an air charter company. So i was lucky enough to get my wife and son on a charter flight on a small private jet with 4 other people on board all of whom had to produce negative Covid tests to be allowed on board and to enter Australia. So it was quite safe

I hope this answers all your questions but if you do have more, do not hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
128 Posts
LMFAO! I'm sorry Sammy I couldn't hold myself from laughing at your lie!
Unfortunately, a lot of people end up lying just like you just did now for the sake of getting out of a situation. you lost my respect.

you didn't fear about your family getting into the airport and catch an infection there?or maybe the charter picked them up from the roof of the house!

you didn't care about the fact that the COVID tests are only 60 - 80 percent accurate, so there is a chance one of those sharing the charter plane with your family could infect them?

you didn't care that your family could catch the infection even in the hotel quarantine?

#Sammyisaliar
You're starting to look a bit foolish now with this vendetta.
My family are home safe, sound and healthy.
No airport terminal, charter company hangar
Home quarantine, not hotel

#FlorenzaKh89isaflog

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
I come back from having a nice day out with my wife to discover that once again people are behaving like spoilt children.
I have sent PMs to a number of people advising them that if they can not behave they will be censured and or removed.
I realise that people are on edge, however that is no excuse for abuse.
Personal abuse will not be tolerated at all in this forum,
and I am the forum Police, so don't try your luck!
Aussie Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
India Wait List

Hi All,

Its been almost 16 months of wait for us applied in may 2019. I believe our application is processed in New Delhi office as my wife is an Indian Passport holder.Are New Delhi office processing 309 Visa applications??

Is there a way we can check with New Delhi embassy ??

My wife is here in Melbourne with me and she is 15 weeks pregnant and expecting Feb 17 next year.. I am concerned because her visitor visa expires by Feb 21 2021 we are in a dicey situation as one we dont have medicare and so the expense has to be taken care by us even in case of public hospital as our private health cover has the 12 month wait and unfortunately we miss that by 20 odd days.

Major concern is how do we extend our stay in Australia as it would be difficult to travel immediately after pregnancy or if for some reason it is delayed..

Is there a way i can get some information on the same or is there a way i can write this as in a special case of consideration...Any suggestions or information would be great..

Thanks
Raj

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your wife is eligible for medicare! I'm on a visitor visa here in Australia and I applied for 309 last year and I got my interim medicare number.

Here's a link where you can find out how to apply for it.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1890549531157182?view=permalink&id=2651225721756222

Hi All,

Its been almost 16 months of wait for us applied in may 2019. I believe our application is processed in New Delhi office as my wife is an Indian Passport holder.Are New Delhi office processing 309 Visa applications??

My wife is here in Melbourne with me and she is 15 weeks pregnant and expecting Feb 17 next year.. I am concerned because her visitor visa expires by Feb 21 2021 we are in a dicey situation as one we dont have medicare and so the expense has to be taken care by us even in case of public hospital as our private health cover has the 12 month wait and unfortunately we miss that by 20 odd days.

Major concern is how do we extend our stay in Australia as it would be difficult to travel immediately after pregnancy or if for some reason it is delayed..

Is there a way i can get some information on the same or is there a way i can write this as in a special case of consideration...Any suggestions or information would be great..

Thanks
Raj

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks a lot Lanana for this wonderful piece of information :)

This will sort out most of our concerns you have just made my day...
Can't wait it to be Monday so i can apply for the Interim Card for her...

Your wife is eligible for medicare! I'm on a visitor visa here in Australia and I applied for 309 last year and I got my interim medicare number.

Here's a link where you can find out how to apply for it.

]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I come back from having a nice day out with my wife to discover that once again people are behaving like spoilt children.
I have sent PMs to a number of people advising them that if they can not behave they will be censured and or removed.
Aussie Steve
Yeah, the last few pages of this thread are just a dumpster fire...

Hi All,

Thanks
Raj
I think the processing offices are based on the applicant's country of residence at time of application unless I'm mistaken? My wife's (JPN) 309 is being processed in Kuala Lumpur, as she currently lives in Malaysia. May be worth checking where your application is being processed if it has been picked by a CO.

But yes, as the other poster pointed out, your wife is eligible for a blue medicare card as a temporary resident!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Disgusted

Aussie Steve
I got the same feeling!
I have been in this forum for a year now, and never saw this situation, and specially people attacking JandE and Sammy, who were always available to people whenever we needed information!

No one said No to petition, I signed it too to help whoever is in that situation, but coming to personal attacks! Its a pity, this is definitely not a behaviour anyone would want in the Australian soil!

Just to note, I know many people are checking each profile that defends JandE to attack them, I have waited for 14months, and WENT OFFSHORE LAST MONTH DURING COVID and INTERNATIONAL CAP FOR MY VISA TO BE GRANTED!
It was the law and I did abide, if this petition does change something its good for you guys! wont do anything to me, still we support but do not attack anyone!

I would ask Aussiesteve to remove those posts, It is a disgrace! and if these people do continue, take strict actions...
Now this is my personal opinion,

We all know and have been through that hardship, but it is no excuse to degrade others

Reactions: zacshelby

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the info Mate, She was in India when we applied but then I believe ours is still in the queue as there is no communication from Immi..

Yeah, the last few pages of this thread are just a dumpster fire...

I think the processing offices are based on the applicant's country of residence at time of application unless I'm mistaken? My wife's (JPN) 309 is being processed in Kuala Lumpur, as she currently lives in Malaysia. May be worth checking where your application is being processed if it has been picked by a CO.

But yes, as the other poster pointed out, your wife is eligible for a blue medicare card as a temporary resident!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My husband applied at New Delhi office for a 309 in April 2019. Apart from the 12 month completion generic email, we have not heard anything from the department. He has exhaused all his document attachment capacity. So I am relying on the department's enquiry form to submit more evidence whilst apart. It is over 16 months and its very frustrating. I tried contacting the department about out application and they replied stating that the application is travelling within the "global processing time". Seriously, someone needs to look at the processing times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My medicals and PCC for visa 309 are expiring next month. Considering the huge wait time for medicals in Sydney (next appointment on 31st Oct which is almost 2 months!), is there a way to generate a new hap id without co assigning it so that I can have medicals ready if asked?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys i am new to this forum .my wife applied her 309 visa from mauritius (pretoria office) in April 2019.

In dec 2019 she came to visit me in australia on a visitor visa and she was stuck here in australia until august 2020 because of covid 19 .

Last week she went back to mauritius on a repatriation flight.

i was trying to get her to stay in australia and wait for her 309 visa .but i heard some rumors saying that if she made an offshore application she will have to be out of australia to be granted the visa .

I would like to know if there is anyone who is in the same situation like us .its nearly 17 months and we are still waiting . pls share .

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi guys i am new to this forum .my wife applied her 309 visa from mauritius (pretoria office) in April 2019.

In dec 2019 she came to visit me in australia on a visitor visa and she was stuck here in australia until august 2020 because of covid 19 .

Last week she went back to mauritius on a repatriation flight.

i was trying to get her to stay in australia and wait for her 309 visa .but i heard some rumors saying that if she made an offshore application she will have to be out of australia to be granted the visa .

I would like to know if there is anyone who is in the same situation like us .its nearly 17 months and we are still waiting . pls share .
My husband and I applied for our offshore visa in Canada in August 2019. I came to Australia in March 2019 before covid and became stuck. I am still here because if I leave, I am worried I won't make it back with the international arrivals caps. Plus, we cannot afford to spend more money on flights and quarantine.

We sent an email to [email protected] (this is if you are Queensland based) explaining our situation and asking for an update. They responded and also forwarded the email to our case officer in Canada who advised us that they are ready to finalize my visa but only once I have left the country. They were not encouraging me to leave or stay, but said if I did decide to exit Australia, to give them a two week notice and my itinerary details.

If you are in Queensland, try sending an email to this email address politely asking for an update (making sure you give your reference number) and explaining your situation and hopefully it will trigger some sort of process!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all ...

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster and I'd like to thank the posters on here for many useful tips.

My wife applied for Subclass 309/100 off-shore on 27 September 2018. We used an immigration lawyer.

In early May 2019 we received the heads up that the Subclass 309 will be granted and to get ready to head overseas for the visa grant (my wife was already in Australia on another visa). Subclass 309 visa grant was obtained on 20 May 2019. The visa was processed in Seoul, South Korea.

Now we are getting ready for the final part which is the Subclass 100 permanent partner visa as the 2 year mark of initial lodgement is coming up in late September and I gathering up the relevant documents at the moment. In between the Subclass 309 visa grant we have had a baby here in Australia so other than referring to our baby, including a birth certificate and a photo is there anything else I should include?

Also, when it comes to utilities bills, only our electricity is in our joint name, the utility for gas never actioned my request to add my wife to the bill. Should I try that again and try with the water authority? I have Ambulance membership and car insurance addressed to us that I can include for uploading. Would that be sufficient do you think? Any guidance would be appreciated. Cheers, Molae :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Question about 309 question form.

Does is ask something like,"Has the sponsor had any other citizenships?"

I have a complicated family history, and looking through my application form I don't see the above question, but it may not have been written in my final application since I wouldn't have responded to the question.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Question about 309 question form.

Does is ask something like,"Has the sponsor had any other citizenships?"

I have a complicated family history, and looking through my application form I don't see the above question, but it may not have been written in my final application since I wouldn't have responded to the question.
The online sponsor application asks "Is this sponsor a citizen of any other country?"

4461 - 4480 of 5122 Posts