Australia Forum banner

4481 - 4500 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone.
Hope all is well

My wife received a phone interview on 21/July/2020 , on 28/July I received an email requesting for a new AFP certificate,

I obtained the AFP cert and uploaded to our Immi Account on 13/8,

So now it has been 3 weeks but I haven't heard or receive any emails for our Case Officer.
We wonder how long it normally takes for the Case Officer to check our application again and do we need to send the department an email to inform them that we have already uploaded the required AFP doc?

Thank you kindly in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi guys i am new to this forum .my wife applied her 309 visa from mauritius (pretoria office) in April 2019.

In dec 2019 she came to visit me in australia on a visitor visa and she was stuck here in australia until august 2020 because of covid 19 .

Last week she went back to mauritius on a repatriation flight.

i was trying to get her to stay in australia and wait for her 309 visa .but i heard some rumors saying that if she made an offshore application she will have to be out of australia to be granted the visa .

I would like to know if there is anyone who is in the same situation like us .its nearly 17 months and we are still waiting . pls share .
Unfortunately yes. She has to be offshore for them to grant visa. That's the main condition of 309. Waiting from same office(12 months).Someone from this forum got 309 from pretoria office during lockdown. So, hopefully ours soon. Cross fingers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
is there anyone in this forum who lodged an application offshore in april 2019 for 309 visa through pretoria office .

whats the outcome yet please?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know of a similar email address to contact for other states (VIC, NSW?) or for applicants in the United States?

Thanks!
You can email that address and they forward it accordingly. Make sure your enter a reference number. I've done it from VIC.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all.

My wife applied for 309 on April 2019 and came to Australia at the end of 2019 on Visitor 600 visa. She was just told to leave Australia before pandemic as her visa was ready to be granted but was not able to leave Australia for the last 6 months. As it seems there is no way for 309 visa holders rather than being outside of Australia, we have decided to book a flight for her to leave Australia.

However, it seems it is not easy to find tickets to return to Australia because of the current cap on incoming travelers. Airlines are cancelling the booked tickets and ask them to bump it to business class. Even Qatar airways stopped to accept booking to Australia few days.

I could see someone posted a youtube of their return to Australia (thanks for that by the way!) But how is it in General? Has anyone faced difficulty returning to Australia recently?

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi friends , its about 14 months still don,t get any thing from immigration , after complete 1 year got generic mail that your visa is in progress . even i don,t know that my file open or not but my immigration lawer said its open , i don,t no how long i have to wait ..

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi friends , its about 14 months still don,t get any thing from immigration , after complete 1 year got generic mail that your visa is in progress . even i don,t know that my file open or not but my immigration lawer said its open , i don,t no how long i have to wait ..
Read the immigration homepage.
The government says 15-22 months.
Some take less time, some take more time. That's the way it is.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wedding invitation birthday, holiday booking,rental or mortgage any bill.
Any activity together,any insurence in both name.AFP just applicant ,form 888 .
Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello

my wife receive this biometric/medicall assessment request when we apply for 309/100 visa. Because in this medical sheet says it is for 100 visa does that mean case assessor is looking to grant 309 and 100 together at once or?

h ttps://ibb.co/hDVRRdp

·
Registered
67 Posts
hello

my wife receive this biometric/medicall assessment request when we apply for 309/100 visa. Because in this medical sheet says it is for 100 visa does that mean case assessor is looking to grant 309 and 100 together at once or?

I'm not sure, but I wonder how they expect you to do that when the Bio centres are closed?

Where are you? What is your timeline?

Great news if they are looking at your application. Or is this an automated email? Did you only just submit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
in february she receive this and we apply in june last year from cebu city phillipines
Interesting. All of the VFS centres for Australian visa processing are closed so I don't see how they expect you to provide this.

You received the email in February?

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/covid-19-customer-advisories.html
We receive email from that picture link in February and medical complete in february. We apply for 309/100 but i see in medical they input 100 visa

This mean my partner will get 100 visa or.....??

·
Registered
67 Posts
We receive email from that picture link in February and medical complete in february. We apply for 309/100 but i see in medical they input 100 visa

This mean my partner will get 100 visa or.....??
Potentially, sometimes if you have been together for a few years they can. Hopefully someone with some direct experience can assist you here. Good news and good luck!

4481 - 4500 of 5135 Posts