Australia Forum banner

4501 - 4520 of 5333 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
We receive email from that picture link in February and medical complete in february. We apply for 309/100 but i see in medical they input 100 visa

This mean my partner will get 100 visa or.....??
Potentially, sometimes if you have been together for a few years they can. Hopefully someone with some direct experience can assist you here. Good news and good luck!
Thankyou friend and good luck to you too =D

I would still like to know for sure if anyone know please? Maybe migration agent on here?

·
Registered
128 Posts
hi guys i am new to this forum .my wife applied her 309 visa from mauritius (pretoria office) in April 2019.

In dec 2019 she came to visit me in australia on a visitor visa and she was stuck here in australia until august 2020 because of covid 19 .

Last week she went back to mauritius on a repatriation flight.

i was trying to get her to stay in australia and wait for her 309 visa .but i heard some rumors saying that if she made an offshore application she will have to be out of australia to be granted the visa .

I would like to know if there is anyone who is in the same situation like us .its nearly 17 months and we are still waiting . pls share .
Check the pretoria thread under this forum. Someone shared an email address that helped them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
is there anyone in this forum who lodged an application offshore in april 2019 for 309 visa through pretoria office .

whats the outcome yet please?
Yea. Me. Lodged In may 2019. Granted 7.7.2020 through pretoria

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi all.

My wife applied for 309 on April 2019 and came to Australia at the end of 2019 on Visitor 600 visa. She was just told to leave Australia before pandemic as her visa was ready to be granted but was not able to leave Australia for the last 6 months. As it seems there is no way for 309 visa holders rather than being outside of Australia, we have decided to book a flight for her to leave Australia.

However, it seems it is not easy to find tickets to return to Australia because of the current cap on incoming travelers. Airlines are cancelling the booked tickets and ask them to bump it to business class. Even Qatar airways stopped to accept booking to Australia few days.

I could see someone posted a youtube of their return to Australia (thanks for that by the way!) But how is it in General? Has anyone faced difficulty returning to Australia recently?

Thanks.
Dubai with Emirates i could return within 48hours with caps but in QLD try different states maybe

·
Registered
26 Posts
My medicals and PCC for visa 309 are expiring next month. Considering the huge wait time for medicals in Sydney (next appointment on 31st Oct which is almost 2 months!), is there a way to generate a new hap id without co assigning it so that I can have medicals ready if asked?

Thanks
Hi Wolverine, from my own experience, my medical and PCC have expired after one year. I have only renewed my PCC and didn't renew my Medical.
I got my visa granted even my medical was expired for 5 months, so, total was 17 months from lodgement to granted.
Sometimes they don't ask for new medical as I have noticed from others posts before.
Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Everybody,

Looks like I am in this club now... my 309 application was just lodged last week, with everything included except the medical.

I feel my application is strong... wife and I married for six years, never lived apart, no kids, no prior relationships, no criminal history, no dependents, only one country ever lived in, etc. The CO ought to see my application and think, "HEY an easy one! *stamp* Do you think they'll have it approved today? :D

In all seriousness, it took about a year to get to this point, and I expect another year of waiting is probable, but these are uncertain times so who knows what will happen and when.

To everyone else waiting, best of luck with your applications and I look forward to reading of more grants!

Reactions: zacshelby

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Everybody,

Looks like I am in this club now... my 309 application was just lodged last week, with everything included except the medical.

I feel my application is strong... wife and I married for six years, never lived apart, no kids, no prior relationships, no criminal history, no dependents, only one country ever lived in, etc. The CO ought to see my application and think, "HEY an easy one! *stamp* Do you think they'll have it approved today? :D

In all seriousness, it took about a year to get to this point, and I expect another year of waiting is probable, but these are uncertain times so who knows what will happen and when.

To everyone else waiting, best of luck with your applications and I look forward to reading of more grants!
Welcome jbone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
We receive email from that picture link in February and medical complete in february. We apply for 309/100 but i see in medical they input 100 visa

This mean my partner will get 100 visa or.....??
Unfortunately that doesn't indicate you will get both together! Because you need to do your medical for permanent residence, but you could be lucky and co will grant you both, that's their discretion. Hope this helps 😊

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, after about 10 years of umming and ahing we have finally pulled the trigger and submitted our application for a 309/100. The issue has always been that we were never sure exactly when we wanted to move to Australia, but after 6 years in the US and with our visas here sure to run out by the end of next year we figured it was time to get the ball rolling. We'll take a reactive approach to police & health checks (ie wait till asked for). Glad to finally be in the queue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Visa 309/100

Hi everyone,

I am new here as I applied for my 309/100 visa in July. I was wondering, How long does it takes to get a reply to your health and uploaded paperwork? I am applying from Québec Canada... After two months in, I haven't got any news from them how long does it usually takes? Thank you for the help!! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am new here as I applied for my 309/100 visa in July. I was wondering, How long does it takes to get a reply to your health and uploaded paperwork? I am applying from Québec Canada... After two months in, I haven't got any news from them how long does it usually takes? Thank you for the help!! :)
You probably won't get any reply for about 6 months. Then they may ask a Request For Information (RFI). But some people who have all their paperwork organised, and a strong case go the whole way through without communication until the final "Yes".

Expect at least 6 months for some news.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi MeatHead,

Thank you for your quick respond!! My partner and I aren't married but we've known each other for the last 4 years and I went and studied there with her in 2018-2019. Would my diploma's there be worth extra points for the visa? Also, if we manage to get as much paperwork as possible, like you said we could go straight to the yes?

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
The best place to check as to how long it may take to process is to go to the official site.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore/provisional-309

Current Processing times are:
75% of applications: 15 months
90% of applications: 20 months.
This assumes that you have lodged a complete application.
It is quite common for those who have submitted a complete application to never be contacted prior to the granting of a visa.
Your educational achievements, will have no influence on the granting of a visa.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi MeatHead,

Thank you for your quick respond!! My partner and I aren't married but we've known each other for the last 4 years and I went and studied there with her in 2018-2019. Would my diploma's there be worth extra points for the visa? Also, if we manage to get as much paperwork as possible, like you said we could go straight to the yes?
As Aussiesteve says above. You may go straight to "Yes", but it's still probably going to take at least one year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The best place to check as to how long it may take to process is to go to the official site.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore/provisional-309

Current Processing times are:
75% of applications: 15 months
90% of applications: 20 months.
This assumes that you have lodged a complete application.
It is quite common for those who have submitted a complete application to never be contacted prior to the granting of a visa.
Your educational achievements, will have no influence on the granting of a visa.
''

That is so right! We have submitted our application since November 2019 through Perth migration. Partner is in China... Have not heard a word since......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Please clarify below query

1. Filed 309 Partner visa when my wife was pregnant and now she gave birth to our baby in India.
2. We have notified this via change of circumstances link in the application.

Now, should I add my baby to the same 309 application after getting passport etc for her? I have read somewhere that new born baby will give a PR grant along with the mother .

Please clarify.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi everyone i just want to ask everybody in this forum and even my self until when we going to wait for this government to look in to our situations they changed the Processing time for the 309 visa they make it 18 to 26 months do you people agree with that all of us need to start our life with our partners like me for example i m in turkey at the moment with my wife we have applied for 309 visa since 21/03/2019 almost 18 months i left my kids with their aunt and came to my wife she got stuck because of the pandemic we have contacted all the humanity groups all local MP no one helped me with my situation i m a full career of my 2 kids and my old sick mother .

·
Registered
215 Posts
Former Deputy Secretary of Department of Immigration Abul Rizvi has forecast that 2020-2021 migration program would be significantly slashed and would cause a reduction in the partner visa program. Department of Home Affairs may focus on processing onshore visas adding more delays to offshore processing. Also, the department likely to give priority to skill-stream over family-stream. How ridiculous!

"If Tudge insists on retaining the two thirds to one third balance in favour of the skill stream over the family stream, he would need to limit the family stream to around 35,000 places compared to a family stream in 2019-20 of almost 42,000.

A key factor in trying to limit the family stream to 35,000 is the visa management provisions of the Migration Act (ie s85, s86 and s87). These dictate how visas must be processed and which visas can be capped and which cannot. The spouse and dependent child visas cannot be capped. However, as the Department of Home Affairs has largely ignored these provisions since Morrison was immigration minister, it will most likely continue to do so until a court orders it to abide by the law."

This is the slowest and most expensive partner visa program in the developed world. May be a class action is needed... for blatantly defying the Migration Act. This almost looks like a highway robbery.

https://johnmenadue.com/forecast-of-2020-21-migration-and-humanitarian-program/?fbclid=IwAR03bFVpvWYTFhWOg3Ljz7ILkARLS_elFqgtYi9LHGvteqPNABZyyu0H4PE

Reactions: zacshelby

·
Registered
44 Posts
Former Deputy Secretary of Department of Immigration Abul Rizvi has forecast that 2020-2021 migration program would be significantly slashed and would cause a reduction in the partner visa program. Department of Home Affairs may focus on processing onshore visas adding more delays to offshore processing. Also, the department likely to give priority to skill-stream over family-stream. How ridiculous!

"If Tudge insists on retaining the two thirds to one third balance in favour of the skill stream over the family stream, he would need to limit the family stream to around 35,000 places compared to a family stream in 2019-20 of almost 42,000.

A key factor in trying to limit the family stream to 35,000 is the visa management provisions of the Migration Act (ie s85, s86 and s87). These dictate how visas must be processed and which visas can be capped and which cannot. The spouse and dependent child visas cannot be capped. However, as the Department of Home Affairs has largely ignored these provisions since Morrison was immigration minister, it will most likely continue to do so until a court orders it to abide by the law."

This is the slowest and most expensive partner visa program in the developed world. May be a class action is needed... for blatantly defying the Migration Act. This almost looks like a highway robbery.

https://johnmenadue.com/forecast-of-2020-21-migration-and-humanitarian-program/?fbclid=IwAR03bFVpvWYTFhWOg3Ljz7ILkARLS_elFqgtYi9LHGvteqPNABZyyu0H4PE
Partner immigration worldwide is an enigma, while as you say Australia"s fees are the highest in the world yet we do not apply a mandatory income requirement to the sponsor.
There are many past and current former forum members who would have been able to sponsor their partner if the same provisions as applied in the Uk or USA were applied by Australia.
The effects of the pandemic are likely to effect us until at least next year, what will happen when things return to the "new normal" remains to be seen.
As for following the provisions of the act, it seems they seems they pick and choose, the amendment that requires a sponsor be approved before being able to lodge a sponsor application was passed some time ago, and became law by default, yet the department has made no attempt to implement it.
The fact is that 40,000 partner visas a year represent less than 0.2% of the population and and therefore not enough votes to make it worthwhile for politicians to worry about.

4501 - 4520 of 5333 Posts