Australia Forum banner

4561 - 4580 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello everyone. Very soon it will be 12 months of me staying in Australia, is it possible to apply for another 600 visa and stay for more than 12 months?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello everyone. Very soon it will be 12 months of me staying in Australia, is it possible to apply for another 600 visa and stay for more than 12 months?
Also pretty sure there is a max 12months on shore condition to this visa. Someone with more knowledge can correct me if I am wrong, meaning unless you have had a holiday i.e. in and out of australia in the past 12 months, you will exceed the 12 months if you apply for the second visa.

My wife will come on a 600 visa next year likely and if no 309 granted, we will go on holidays around OCT (600 would expire in Jan) and apply for another 600 onshore. This would re-set the 12months condition.

You may run into problems if you try and leave and come back in on your current visitor visa if you are very close to the date which it expires? Because they might assume you don't plan on leaving again.

Again, I am no expert, so maybe someone else can confirm or clarify. If in doubt, ask a migration agent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually I left Australia for a month and then returned and it will be 9 months since then. It expires in December.

Also pretty sure there is a max 12months on shore condition to this visa. Someone with more knowledge can correct me if I am wrong, meaning unless you have had a holiday i.e. in and out of australia in the past 12 months, you will exceed the 12 months if you apply for the second visa.

My wife will come on a 600 visa next year likely and if no 309 granted, we will go on holidays around OCT (600 would expire in Jan) and apply for another 600 onshore. This would re-set the 12months condition.

You may run into problems if you try and leave and come back in on your current visitor visa if you are very close to the date which it expires? Because they might assume you don't plan on leaving again.

Again, I am no expert, so maybe someone else can confirm or clarify. If in doubt, ask a migration agent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And what happens if for example I apply for the visa and they reject it? From bva I'll move to bve. Does bve affect my 309 visa?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually I left Australia for a month and then returned and it will be 9 months since then. It expires in December.
Well if you don't have the no further stay condition then for sure you can apply for an onshore 600 visitor visa. I would try and find out from someone who knows about the 12 months consecutive stay condition. From my understanding, you would only be able to stay on another visitor visa 12months from the date you last entered australia.

But of course, I aint no expert. best of luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well if you don't have the no further stay condition then for sure you can apply for an onshore 600 visitor visa. I would try and find out from someone who knows about the 12 months consecutive stay condition. From my understanding, you would only be able to stay on another visitor visa 12months from the date you last entered australia.

"How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa.

You can stay for the period or dates specified on the visa grant letter. We determine the length of your visa on a case by case basis. Things we might consider when determining your stay period include:

how long you want to stay
why you want to stay in Australia
You might not be granted the length of stay you want.

We can grant this visa with one entry or multiple entries. If we grant you a visa with multiple entry, you can leave and re-enter Australia on the visa while it is valid.

It is a condition of this visa that you don't stay in Australia for a total of more than 12 months in an 18-month period. If you currently hold a Visitor visa, a Working Holiday visa, a Work and Holiday visa or a bridging visa, and grant of this visa would mean you stay in Australia for more than 12 consecutive months, you will need to show there are exceptional circumstances."

·
Registered
27 Posts
It would be nice. Thank you! So it means I can only apply for 3 month because by the time my visa expires in December it will be 9 months spent in Australia.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you!

"How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa.

You can stay for the period or dates specified on the visa grant letter. We determine the length of your visa on a case by case basis. Things we might consider when determining your stay period include:

how long you want to stay
why you want to stay in Australia
You might not be granted the length of stay you want.

We can grant this visa with one entry or multiple entries. If we grant you a visa with multiple entry, you can leave and re-enter Australia on the visa while it is valid.

It is a condition of this visa that you don't stay in Australia for a total of more than 12 months in an 18-month period. If you currently hold a Visitor visa, a Working Holiday visa, a Work and Holiday visa or a bridging visa, and grant of this visa would mean you stay in Australia for more than 12 consecutive months, you will need to show there are exceptional circumstances."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello,
Because as we are seeing some people get visa quicker than the once applied earlier.
You can see status received only and last updated date.

Hi,

Just a quick question. New to the forum. You say they have not opened May 2019 partner visa applications? How do you know the status of the queue?

We submitted Dec-19.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,
When did you applied visa... could you please tell me do we have to apply police check again if its more than one year ..did they ask you clearly or not please tell..
Thanks
Kris
Hi,

I have applied for 309 / 100 the offshore visa for my wife online and yesterday received an email from the Immi and my application is in Initial Assessment Stage.

The S56 request for information states its a pre-assessment document request and provides us a checklist of all the documents needed for instance the Character Assessment, Financial Aspects, Social Aspects of Relationship and so on.

I have already provided the information and the Request Detail also mentions it's a pre-assessment notification and any of the information provided to immigration is not reviewed at this stage.

I am a bit confused do i have to upload any additional documents and also is it wise to leave it as it is and just click the confirm button and submit so that it goes to the processing block.

Does any1 have received similar kind of notification ? Also does it in anyway mean probably they would be processing the application in a month or so from the date i submit the same .

Thanks,
Kartheesh

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had applied for 309 visa for my wife on 30/1/2020. I was in India for Last 7 months from March 2020 to spend some time with my family then I came back to Australia, Now she is 2 months pregnant. Is there any possibility to bring her here soon???

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had applied for 309 visa for my wife on 30/1/2020. I was in India for Last 7 months from March 2020 to spend some time with my family then I came back to Australia, Now she is 2 months pregnant. Is there any possibility to bring her here soon???
* You would need to apply for a travel exemption
https://travel-exemptions.homeaffairs.gov.au/tep

* Then apply for a visitor visa 600 and you would sponsor her on this.

* Not sure if the pregnancy helps you or hinders you in applying for this visa. You can only apply on the provision that she plans on leaving (i.e. it is genuinely for a visiting purpose). Having the baby in Australia would suggest otherwise to immigration i think.

* If you get approved, be prepared for an expensive ticket. My wife and I are having to purchase business class to make sure we can actually get on a plane (just over 10k AUD) then there is 3k AUD quarantine (which is not much fun when pregnant I would think) for two weeks. People who are purchasing economy are getting their flights cancelled multiple times before they can get back because of the travel cap.

- Up to you what you do, but I am certain if you know she is pregnant now you are required to let them know about it through a change in circumstance. If you tried any funny business by coming without notifying them etc, that, I would assume would be grounds to reject your application. Honesty is the best and most ethical option. If i was you (which of course I am not) I would wait it out and add the child to your partner VISA application when born, but your call man. No harm in starting with the travel exemption (its free) and see if you get through that first hurdle cause' alot of people are being rejected on that.

Best of luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Kartheesh!

I have also received something similar from the New Delhi office today.

For context, we applied for a 309 in May 2019. I'm also a little confused as to whether we need to add anything else to the application!

The email we received has two attachments
1. s56- Request for more information
This document didn't mention what information they were wanting, it just outlined when and how to upload, warnings about fraudulent documents etc
2. Request details and checklist
This is the document that mentioned it was a pre-assessment checklist and not to upload documents if you already had done so already. Documents that were mentioned in this checklist included (Sponsor form, Form 80, character assessment for applicant and sponsor, evidence of relationship including financial, social, household, commitment)
They basically*mentioned everything except the health check (which has now expired).

We front-loaded everything and if we had only received the pre-assesment*checklist document I wouldn't be worried, but it clearly states in the s56 they need more information to assess our application, but the 2nd document contradicts this by saying it's a preassessment checklist.

They certainly make it confusing! I'm thinking of emailing the CO to tell them all of this information is already in the application. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?*

I have applied for 309 / 100 the offshore visa for my wife online and yesterday received an email from the Immi and my application is in Initial Assessment Stage.

The S56 request for information states its a pre-assessment document request and provides us a checklist of all the documents needed for instance the Character Assessment, Financial Aspects, Social Aspects of Relationship and so on.

I have already provided the information and the Request Detail also mentions it's a pre-assessment notification and any of the information provided to immigration is not reviewed at this stage.

I am a bit confused do i have to upload any additional documents and also is it wise to leave it as it is and just click the confirm button and submit so that it goes to the processing block.

Does any1 have received similar kind of notification ? Also does it in anyway mean probably they would be processing the application in a month or so from the date i submit the same .

Thanks,
Kartheesh

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello,
We have received the same and have the same feeling front uploaded everything. I rang Australian embassy in Delhi visa services but they have closed due to covid.
I have a concern may be re do the police check but in that email they didn't mention anything like after 12 months it will get expired.
Please share your views.
Thanks
Hi Kartheesh!

I have also received something similar from the New Delhi office today.

For context, we applied for a 309 in May 2019. I'm also a little confused as to whether we need to add anything else to the application!

The email we received has two attachments
1. s56- Request for more information
This document didn't mention what information they were wanting, it just outlined when and how to upload, warnings about fraudulent documents etc
2. Request details and checklist
This is the document that mentioned it was a pre-assessment checklist and not to upload documents if you already had done so already. Documents that were mentioned in this checklist included (Sponsor form, Form 80, character assessment for applicant and sponsor, evidence of relationship including financial, social, household, commitment)
They basically*mentioned everything except the health check (which has now expired).

We front-loaded everything and if we had only received the pre-assesment*checklist document I wouldn't be worried, but it clearly states in the s56 they need more information to assess our application, but the 2nd document contradicts this by saying it's a preassessment checklist.

They certainly make it confusing! I'm thinking of emailing the CO to tell them all of this information is already in the application. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?*

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not good news for us offshore applicants.

Looks like we will be screwed over in favour of onshore until the travel ban is lifted. :mad:

4561 - 4580 of 5135 Posts