Australia Forum banner

4581 - 4600 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
How did you know that offshore will be screwed?
Did you watch the clip??? - they will be prioritising onshore partner visas, clearing that backlog first because of the travel ban. From my understanding, they will work through that 800's pile first and worry about the offshores later. So hypothetically, a partner visa onshore that is 6months old has more chance of getting done than any of ours I would think. That's my understanding of the policy change. So like I said :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you watch the clip??? - they will be prioritising onshore partner visas, clearing that backlog first because of the travel ban. From my understanding, they will work through that 800's pile first and worry about the offshores later. So hypothetically, a partner visa onshore that is 6months old has more chance of getting done than any of ours I would think. That's my understanding of the policy change. So like I said :mad:
It is very logic to prioritize the Onshore partner visas during the pandemic due to economic and health reasons, However, the department of home affairs has decided to allocate around 72300 partner visas for the FY 2020/2021. 3 quarters of this number will be given to the Onshore applications and 1 quarter will be allocated to the Offshore applications mainly ''309s''. 0.25* 72300= 18075 offshore visas for this FY when you divide that by 12 months, it will give around 1506 offshore visas per month which is a massive jump. prior to the pandemic, the DHA used to grant around 1300 offshore partner visas per calendar month. So i guess 1506 offshore visas/month isn't too bad at all. Since the pandemic started, the number of offshore (309) grants has dropped to around 200 visas a month. Hence, we cannot complain about the new figure.

In my opinion, even if the department doesn't stick to their quota of 1506 offshore visa/month, I still believe they will be gradually increasing the number of offshore grants as long as the pandemic is well under control in Australia and the perhaps when they lift the travel caps on number of overseas arrivals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okie dokie! That's the spirit. Where did all that info come from btw? I have never come across such transparent info through DHA directly lol. I hope you are proven right as in this case I am absolutely hopeful of being wrong.

Cheers
Td

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okie dokie! That's the spirit. Where did all that info come from btw? I have never come across such transparent info through DHA directly lol. I hope you are proven right as in this case I am absolutely hopeful of being wrong.

Cheers
Td
watch the you tube video at the link below ( specifically at 0:51 and 1:57) and do your own maths.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is very logic to prioritize the Onshore partner visas during the pandemic due to economic and health reasons, However, the department of home affairs has decided to allocate around 72300 partner visas for the FY 2020/2021. 3 quarters of this number will be given to the Onshore applications and 1 quarter will be allocated to the Offshore applications mainly ''309s''. 0.25* 72300= 18075 offshore visas for this FY when you divide that by 12 months, it will give around 1506 offshore visas per month which is a massive jump. prior to the pandemic, the DHA used to grant around 1300 offshore partner visas per calendar month. So i guess 1506 offshore visas/month isn't too bad at all. Since the pandemic started, the number of offshore (309) grants has dropped to around 200 visas a month. Hence, we cannot complain about the new figure.

In my opinion, even if the department doesn't stick to their quota of 1506 offshore visa/month, I still believe they will be gradually increasing the number of offshore grants as long as the pandemic is well under control in Australia and the perhaps when they lift the travel caps on number of overseas arrivals.
This part? I am cool with the math, but needed the context info you had. Which came from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, new to the forum. We applied for our partner visa (offshore 309/100) I am an Australian citizen, my partner is South African. Living together in Taiwan (current location). We lodged our completed application, with police checks and health checks end of June 2020.

We are preparing to start our wait, has anyone else applied offshore while both sponsor and applicant are offshore? Curious if this has an effect on wait time, as well as the recent changes to numbers of offshore applicants...

·
Registered
135 Posts
We are preparing to start our wait, has anyone else applied offshore while both sponsor and applicant are offshore? Curious if this has an effect on wait time, as well as the recent changes to numbers of offshore applicants...
I did, both me (applicant) and my wife (sponsor) living in the US. But having applied in September 2020 we are behind you in the queue so not much use to you there! My understanding is that both being offshore does not influence wait time negatively, and at least saves us having to explain long periods of separation.

I think at this point the pandemic and how onshore vs offshore applications are being prioritised is likely to have the biggest impact.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

Appriciate this thread as this is a great source of useful information and mental support. I wanted to just let you know, people whose subclass 309 visa were lodged at Delhi office during May 2019 may receive RFI/Grants this month (or soon) as I just received a RFI from the assigned case officer to my wife's case. I am the sponsor of my wife and she's currently residing in Bangladesh. Summary of her info as below -

Got married: January 2019
Visa applied: 22 May 2019
Biometrics: The following month
Medicals: February 2020
RFI: 12 Oct 2020

No tourist visa applied during this period. However, we met in Indonesia in January 2020.

I have most of the documents front loaded, however wife's police certificate had expired. Therefore I am uploading it now.

Now, I had few queries and would appriciate if someone in this thread can give their opinions/suggestions.

The case officer provided a checklist that includes all the documents that are listed to upload on immiaccount though I have uploaded pretty much all of it. So I am assuming this is a standard template that gets sent to everyone? He mentioned that it's a pre assesment stage and nothing has been looked into yet.

Since I have an opportunity to revisit, I would like to know what supporting documents can be provided to IMMI for following criterias -

Financial aspects
Nature of Household
Social aspects
Nature of Commitment

The problem with these particular criterias is, I and my wife stayed apart from each other as I got married in Bangladesh and I work fulltime here in Australia as a citizen. So basically, for each criteria I wrote my thoughts/explanations in a page long pdf and uploaded them. Additionally, for ~Financial aspects, I provided some overseas transfers that I had done from time to time (as gifts) but they are not significant amounts that prove she was depending on me. In our culture, wife stays at in-laws place after marriage and she's been working all this time anyway. So i didnt have to really support her expenses. ~Nature of Commitment - I have provided chat logs and a statement. ~Social aspects - I have provided photos from our wedding time and my month long stay in Bangladesh + photos from holliday + Social media. ~Nature of Household - nothing substantial except a paragraph explaining the situation. This one I'm most confused about as there's never been a conjugal household.

This post got longer than I thought it would be. But if anyone is in my situation has any kind of suggestions, I would really love to hear as that would help tremendously.

Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
nothing substantial except a paragraph explaining the situation. This one I'm most confused about as there's never been a conjugal household.
The idea is that you can demonstrate a relationship that is genuine and ongoing to the exclusion of all others, and does not just exist on paper. My understanding is that to demonstrate that they want to see evidence in those 4 key categories that you are genuinely sharing your life with your spouse, which is usually more than a statement. If you are concerned whether your evidence is sufficient, I would recommend an evaluation by an RMA, though given you have already submitted your application there may not be a lot you can do at this stage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We are in the same situation. Do not have to support financially because both are working.
Already provided statements regarding relationship and mention all the parts of the criteria but individual things are there too don't know what we have to submit nature of the household...
Applying police checks both me and my partner again....
They mentioned donot re submit the same document which we have already submitted...
I am thinking to write a short statement regarding nature of household.
Please share your opinions.
Thanks

Hi Guys,

Appriciate this thread as this is a great source of useful information and mental support. I wanted to just let you know, people whose subclass 309 visa were lodged at Delhi office during May 2019 may receive RFI/Grants this month (or soon) as I just received a RFI from the assigned case officer to my wife's case. I am the sponsor of my wife and she's currently residing in Bangladesh. Summary of her info as below -

Got married: January 2019
Visa applied: 22 May 2019
Biometrics: The following month
Medicals: February 2020
RFI: 12 Oct 2020

No tourist visa applied during this period. However, we met in Indonesia in January 2020.

I have most of the documents front loaded, however wife's police certificate had expired. Therefore I am uploading it now.

Now, I had few queries and would appriciate if someone in this thread can give their opinions/suggestions.

The case officer provided a checklist that includes all the documents that are listed to upload on immiaccount though I have uploaded pretty much all of it. So I am assuming this is a standard template that gets sent to everyone? He mentioned that it's a pre assesment stage and nothing has been looked into yet.

Since I have an opportunity to revisit, I would like to know what supporting documents can be provided to IMMI for following criterias -

Financial aspects
Nature of Household
Social aspects
Nature of Commitment

The problem with these particular criterias is, I and my wife stayed apart from each other as I got married in Bangladesh and I work fulltime here in Australia as a citizen. So basically, for each criteria I wrote my thoughts/explanations in a page long pdf and uploaded them. Additionally, for ~Financial aspects, I provided some overseas transfers that I had done from time to time (as gifts) but they are not significant amounts that prove she was depending on me. In our culture, wife stays at in-laws place after marriage and she's been working all this time anyway. So i didnt have to really support her expenses. ~Nature of Commitment - I have provided chat logs and a statement. ~Social aspects - I have provided photos from our wedding time and my month long stay in Bangladesh + photos from holliday + Social media. ~Nature of Household - nothing substantial except a paragraph explaining the situation. This one I'm most confused about as there's never been a conjugal household.

This post got longer than I thought it would be. But if anyone is in my situation has any kind of suggestions, I would really love to hear as that would help tremendously.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all - long time lurker who applied for an offshore partner visa in March 2020 in the UK.

Before Covid, our big plan was to leave the UK when our tenancy on our flat finished in May 2021 and travel around Europe in a Van for 6-7 months in the hope that when we had finished, my partner visa would have been completed (would have been 22 months since application by the time the Europe trip finished).

This doesn't look like it will be possible now due to all the restrictions between countries and investment we would need to make into the Van up front of the trip (and time to convert the van). We've been thinking about other options and one we are considering involves applying for a Subclass 600 Visitor visa (for 12 months if possible) while my offshore partner visa is still in process. During this 12 month period I won't be working and our intention is to travel Australia instead. Once the partner visa is granted, I would leave the country for the UK to visit home and fly back in on the partner visa.

Is this even possible? I absolutely do not want to jeopardise my partner visa application.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all - long time lurker who applied for an offshore partner visa in March 2020 in the UK.

Before Covid, our big plan was to leave the UK when our tenancy on our flat finished in May 2021 and travel around Europe in a Van for 6-7 months in the hope that when we had finished, my partner visa would have been completed (would have been 22 months since application by the time the Europe trip finished).

This doesn't look like it will be possible now due to all the restrictions between countries and investment we would need to make into the Van up front of the trip (and time to convert the van). We've been thinking about other options and one we are considering involves applying for a Subclass 600 Visitor visa (for 12 months if possible) while my offshore partner visa is still in process. During this 12 month period I won't be working and our intention is to travel Australia instead. Once the partner visa is granted, I would leave the country for the UK to visit home and fly back in on the partner visa.

Is this even possible? I absolutely do not want to jeopardise my partner visa application.
Hi, I am planning to do the exact same thing. We have lodged our application in April 2020 (Berlin office), I'm from The Netherlands. I was hoping to get a response after we got a request for medicals last month, but we really want to start booking flights now since they're only getting more expensive and selling out I think.. So yeah if possible I'm going to try that visitor 600 visa. Have you applied for an exemption yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts

Hi,

Just went through a similar decision making process. Yes you can do it but make sure you apply for the travel exemption straight after. On the exemption you will cite your VISA Application ref number, so basically when they review your travel exemption eligibility they will also check your visa and should apply it at the same time. The quoted times for a visitor visa were between 3-6 months but once we applied for the travel exemption, we were granted everything at the same time two days later.

Best of luck

Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are any extensions being granted for 1st entry date? Is it a general no, or is it on a case by case basis? How do you go about contacting them to ask? I don't have my C/Os contact details other than their name.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Mate,

I did check all the documents and they have been uploaded. I have been in wait for18 months so just hoping they would process the application at the earliest.

Thanks,
Kartheesh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Kris,

I did apply in may 2019 and this i believe is just a pre assessment check and i was bit confused on the police check part but now being under lockdown in Victoria thought will ignore the police check as of now and hit the confirm button. Hopefully they come back for Police Check if needed.

Thanks,
Kartheesh

·
Registered
15 Posts
True Mate a bit confused with the list and also it says do not upload the same documents again. That is why i did go ahead submit it with the old set of documents. I believe its better if case officer has a good look on it and says if he needs Police check to be done again.

Also if Police check is needed we would have to do the medical as well so hope they don't ask for that and give us the grant at the earliest its a painful long wait :(

Thanks,
Kartheesh

Hi Kartheesh!

I have also received something similar from the New Delhi office today.

For context, we applied for a 309 in May 2019. I'm also a little confused as to whether we need to add anything else to the application!

The email we received has two attachments
1. s56- Request for more information
This document didn't mention what information they were wanting, it just outlined when and how to upload, warnings about fraudulent documents etc
2. Request details and checklist
This is the document that mentioned it was a pre-assessment checklist and not to upload documents if you already had done so already. Documents that were mentioned in this checklist included (Sponsor form, Form 80, character assessment for applicant and sponsor, evidence of relationship including financial, social, household, commitment)
They basically*mentioned everything except the health check (which has now expired).

We front-loaded everything and if we had only received the pre-assesment*checklist document I wouldn't be worried, but it clearly states in the s56 they need more information to assess our application, but the 2nd document contradicts this by saying it's a preassessment checklist.

They certainly make it confusing! I'm thinking of emailing the CO to tell them all of this information is already in the application. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?*

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello. Can someone please let me know how check partner visa status. Ive tried to import the file on my immi account but in vain.Only my agent has access to it. Any idea how? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
True Mate a bit confused with the list and also it says do not upload the same documents again. That is why i did go ahead submit it with the old set of documents. I believe its better if case officer has a good look on it and says if he needs Police check to be done again.

Also if Police check is needed we would have to do the medical as well so hope they don't ask for that and give us the grant at the earliest its a painful long wait :(

Thanks,
Kartheesh
Hi,

Can I apply for a BVA with work rights for my wife? She has applied for subclass 309 in Nov 2019. As expected there is no update from immigration yet. Her visitor visa subclass 600 is going to expire in Jan 2021. She is on shore at the moment. I have already extend her onshore visitor visa once. Please suggest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I am planning to do the exact same thing. We have lodged our application in April 2020 (Berlin office), I'm from The Netherlands. I was hoping to get a response after we got a request for medicals last month, but we really want to start booking flights now since they're only getting more expensive and selling out I think.. So yeah if possible I'm going to try that visitor 600 visa. Have you applied for an exemption yet?
I haven't applied for an exemption, no. I thought you had to do this after you had applied for the visitor visa? Given it takes 4-6 months to go through, I was going to see what the situation is like in January. I don't know however how the visitor visa works i.e. when it is valid from? Do I need to give them an entry date? If so, there wouldn't be anything stopping me from applying now I suppose?

Reading the travel exemption page it seems as though I can get an exception as an immediate family member of an Australian citizen aka my partner. When you are quoting the visa reference, do you quote the pending partner visa application or the visitor visa application?

4581 - 4600 of 5135 Posts