Australia Forum banner

4641 - 4660 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received my partner's visa grant this morning!

We applied in the USA. We did not use a migration agent or lawyer.

Application submitted: December 16, 2019
Medical submitted: January 4, 2020
100 visa granted: November 6, 2020

There was no request for further info. We opted to front-load the application and include police checks as well as the medical before they were requested.

And we are so relieved we won't have to pay for the medical again! Surprisingly, also, most of our police reports were issued last Sept/Oct, so we are now just over the 12 months recommended. Also greatly relieved that they opted to approve the application without requesting that we redo and resubmit those.

They approved the visa straight to 100 (permanent) rather than the 309 (temporary), which is really exciting. We have been together 8 years and de facto in the US for 5.5 years now (married 1.5 years), so I am sure the length of our relationship factored into that decision.

Now we just have to try to get flights and pay for quarantine...!

Good luck to you all.
Congrats!

What timeline did they give you for entry into Aus?

My husband and I applied on February 17, 2020, in the US, and we just received an RFI for a state background check. We also front-loaded our application with health check and police checks in August 2020. We're hoping that once our visa is approved, we're given flexibility on our entry date. From what I've read, your entry date is dependent on your police and health checks being valid for 12 months. Was that the case for you?

Does anyone else here have insight on timeline to enter the country after visa approval?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats!

My husband and I applied on February 17, 2020, in the US, and we just received an RFI for a state background check. We also front-loaded our application with health check and police checks in August 2020. We're hoping that once our visa is approved, we're given flexibility on our entry date. From what I've read, your entry date is dependent on your police and health checks being valid for 12 months. Was that the case for you?

Does anyone else here have insight on timeline to enter the country after visa approval?
I've been given 12 months from date of issuance of visa (November 2020 -> first entry by November 2021), even though the set of checks I frontloaded otherwise would expire in January 2021.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got mine granted today! Can’t believe it has come through as quickly as it has.

Applied: March 2020 (London, U.K.)
Granted : 11th November 2020

We’ve got until this time next year to enter the country. We never received a request for information as we front loaded everything and uploaded the police check and did the medical in July.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats!

Yes, it generally seems to be 12 months from the visa grant date to enter Australia. I'm not sure if they have exceptions to this relating to COVID-19, you're best off asking DoHA directly, as if they were allowing flexibility id assume it would be on a case-by-case basis.

Reactions: rachaelhperry4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello

Hello guys, I just joined you. I made my application on October 1, 2020 309/100 from Turkey. I have been married for 6 years and have a 4-year-old daughter. All documents health report fingerprint have all completed. Immi says that the first evaluation in accont is advanced evaluation, it is being evaluated more in the last 2 weeks. I want help from friends and mods who have experience on this subject. thank you so much :):)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know, wife's visa has been granted.

Office: New Delhi. Sponsor: Sydney. Applicant: Bangladesh.

DOL: 22 May 2019
Medical: 18 Feb 2020
RFI: 12 Oct 2020
RFI submitted: 25 Oct 2020
(Updated almost all docs in RFI, additionally given Form 80)
Visa Granted, 309: 13 Nov 2020
(No tourist visa has been applied during the entire time, no children)

Thanks to this forum, all the best!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi i have one question I apply 309 visa on agent through and now im in Australia can i apply for 100 visa without agent ? Can i apply from my own immi account? Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi i have one question I apply 309 visa on agent through and now im in Australia can i apply for 100 visa without agent ? Can i apply from my own immi account? Thank you
I'd get in contact with your migration agent as the 100 visa is more of a continual step in the overall 309/100 process. Unless they specifically advised you they were only assisting with the 309, and NOT the 100, which seems rather odd to me, I would expect them to also assist with the 100.

If in doubt you may want to ask one of the migration agents floating around here.

·
Registered
322 Posts
may I ask how you were able to submit police certificates and medical i n Sept 2019 BEFORE your visa application ? I assume your partner can np

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just received my partner's visa grant this morning!

We applied in the USA. We did not use a migration agent or lawyer.

Application submitted: December 16, 2019
Medical submitted: January 4, 2020
100 visa granted: November 6, 2020

There was no request for further info. We opted to front-load the application and include police checks as well as the medical before they were requested.

And we are so relieved we won't have to pay for the medical again! Surprisingly, also, most of our police reports were issued last Sept/Oct, so we are now just over the 12 months recommended. Also greatly relieved that they opted to approve the application without requesting that we redo and resubmit those.

They approved the visa straight to 100 (permanent) rather than the 309 (temporary), which is really exciting. We have been together 8 years and de facto in the US for 5.5 years now (married 1.5 years), so I am sure the length of our relationship factored into that decision.

Now we just have to try to get flights and pay for quarantine...!

Good luck to you all.
may I ask how you were able to submit police certificates and medical i n Sept 2019 BEFORE your visa application ? I assume your partner can not enter OZ until the government allows none citizens to enter . ? I am an aussie citizen in England at pesent and as an oldie am afraid to take a flight yet and might have to pay business class ! thanking you

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've been given 12 months from date of issuance of visa (November 2020 -> first entry by November 2021), even though the set of checks I frontloaded otherwise would expire in January 2021.
has the new law about sponsor test for domestic violence come in yet ? I hope the new english test ( following the racist and xenophobic right wing Tory government in Uk to reduce net immigration) will not start soon as my Ukrainian lady would struggle as she is an oldie as I am ! ( wry smile ) . Looks like the "Liberal " right wing government is oz is trying to adopt the hostility to foreigners policy of the Tories and I bet they approved of BREXIT as Tony Abbott and Alexander did as ex PMs ! Really hope I am wrong but right wing governments quite often lack compassion , eg SKYPE families in UK which is disgusting. thanking you and hoping you will reply

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello

Hi guys I have a question regarding my application I applied for 309/100 on August 2018 and still waiting on 2 November 2020 I noticed last update on my application is that mean my case officer open it please see the photo attached
Hello, the waiting period is not too long. Have you ever mailed or they never reached you? how long practice in advanced evaluation

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah i had my interview last February from Cairo after that nothing I tried to email them many times only i saw last update on my application 2 November

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi , i have just completed the forms online for 309/100. Unfortunately i am unable to find the way to upload evidence. Can anyone please tell me how to attach evidence. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,i want to know whether i can upload evidence to my subclass 309/100 application before i lodge the application /paid for it or evidence can only be uploaded after application is lodged and paid for ?Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys . My wife’s case officer requested for more information. My agent told me to give him all my call history and whatsapp chat history since beginning which is for last 4 years . WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to get all call history . Has anyone dealt with same situation? What’s solution?
Thanks in advance .

4641 - 4660 of 5135 Posts