Australia Forum banner

4721 - 4740 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone. I got my RFI today. It's asking for my documental evidence regarding my intention to travel including my sponsor's superannuation statement. I frontloaded my PCC and Medicals and all documents regarding how we met etc. even my legal marriage certificate, WhatsApp chats and call etc.. please does anyone have any idea what I'm being asked to provide? Asides the superannuation statement
I am being asked for the same thing. Evidence of my intentions to reside in AU, what did you attach? What is PCC?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally got our notification for the medical
Applied 8.1.2020
RFI for medical 15.12.2020
Guangzhou
She has appointment for tomorrow!

Hopefully after that it will be a speedy progress to grant !
What timeframe should we expect after medical is completed as a general guide ?

It feels like a early Christmas present having some progress

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brilliant, thank you! I've been blaming my hubby for not knowing he needed the AFP check (he said he didn't.....) but now you say he might not need it I might have to eat humble pie! Thanks for that, I am going to contact them and ask either way - at least it might bring our file to the top again if nothing else. The last day we can upload anything would be tomorrow so I hope we'll hear something soon either way. Congrats again on yours :)
I have an update.. I contacted the case worker and she has advised that we do in fact need the AFP check even though he hasn't lived in Oz for 17 years.. I guess its down to their discretion and maybe for men (not being sexist!) but they seem to be a bit keener on making sure there's nothing funny going on e.g., coercion, arranged marriage without consent, domestic violence etc..

Luckily we had applied for it anyway on 19 Nov after the RFI request but unfortunately AFP didn't advise that it had been posted until 7 Dec so I guess we missed the final post dates with it being the holidays. More waiting but we've waited this long so hopefully it arrives soon and that will be the final step. Such a shame it can't be sent via email seeing as we'll be uploading it anyway! Can't complain, we should have just got this earlier just in case so I'm kicking myself now.

On the bright side, I had a response from Immigration in Belgrade in less than 24 hours so that was great service! If only snail mail to the UK was as quick! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
309 currently onshore

Hello folks,

I've been following this thread and I hope we all get our visas soon :)
I have a couple of questions:

1. I have an Australian PR. I got married in December '19. My wife applied for her onshore 309 visa (from India), in Jan 2020. She had got a visitor visa and she came to Australia with me. She was supposed to go back, in April (since there's a 90 day limit for each visit). Due to covid restrictions, we were able to get another extended visitor visa for her, up to middle of Jan 2021. We are looking at what would be the best option to stay back here after her current visitor visa ends. There is an option for Bridging visa (in my wife's Immi application). Do I apply for a Bridging visa or re-apply for another visitor visa?

2. Meanwhile, my wife's case officer contacted us and asked us both to get our Australian PCCs, my Indian PCC and Form 80 for my wife. The case officer has given us 28 days to respond with these documents. The Australian PCCs are already on the way. I have applied for my PCC, via VFS. But, I doubt that I would receive my Indian PCC, within 28 days from RFI. If so, how do I let the Case officer know that I have applied for the PCC? I do not have the case officer's email or phone number.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Evidence..

Hello folks,

I've been following this thread and I hope we all get our visas soon :)
I have a couple of questions:

1. I have an Australian PR. I got married in December '19. My wife applied for her onshore 309 visa (from India), in Jan 2020. She had got a visitor visa and she came to Australia with me. She was supposed to go back, in April (since there's a 90 day limit for each visit). Due to covid restrictions, we were able to get another extended visitor visa for her, up to middle of Jan 2021. We are looking at what would be the best option to stay back here after her current visitor visa ends. There is an option for Bridging visa (in my wife's Immi application). Do I apply for a Bridging visa or re-apply for another visitor visa?

2. Meanwhile, my wife's case officer contacted us and asked us both to get our Australian PCCs, my Indian PCC and Form 80 for my wife. The case officer has given us 28 days to respond with these documents. The Australian PCCs are already on the way. I have applied for my PCC, via VFS. But, I doubt that I would receive my Indian PCC, within 28 days from RFI. If so, how do I let the Case officer know that I have applied for the PCC? I do not have the case officer's email or phone number.

Thanks in advance.
You can upload the evidence that you have applied for it - e.g. a receipt for the payment or a copy of an automated notification that the request has been received. You may get lucky and they may make a decision on that alone. Just upload whatever you have in your Immi account in the section for the check.

Exactly the same thing has happened to us this week, sponsor's AFP check hasn't arrived and the 28 days was up yesterday! I emailed the embassy that is dealing with my application (just found a generic email address on Google ) putting the reference numbers in the title and they responded in less than 24 hours to say they would give me extra time for it to arrive. I'm sure they are being slightly more generous because of Covid-19 and seasonal delays so shouldn't be a problem especially if you can show you did it in a timely way when asked.

I can't help on the other point but I'm sure someone else will be able to. Good luck.. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you :)

You can upload the evidence that you have applied for it - e.g. a receipt for the payment or a copy of an automated notification that the request has been received. You may get lucky and they may make a decision on that alone. Just upload whatever you have in your Immi account in the section for the check.

Exactly the same thing has happened to us this week, sponsor's AFP check hasn't arrived and the 28 days was up yesterday! I emailed the embassy that is dealing with my application (just found a generic email address on Google ) putting the reference numbers in the title and they responded in less than 24 hours to say they would give me extra time for it to arrive. I'm sure they are being slightly more generous because of Covid-19 and seasonal delays so shouldn't be a problem especially if you can show you did it in a timely way when asked.

I can't help on the other point but I'm sure someone else will be able to. Good luck.. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have applied for my PCC, via VFS. But, I doubt that I would receive my Indian PCC, within 28 days from RFI. If so, how do I let the Case officer know that I have applied for the PCC? I do not have the case officer's email or phone number.
Thanks in advance.
I also had to get an Indian PCC as I lived there for 4 years. Surprisingly, this arrived within about a week of applying through the Indian consulate. I am not sure if it was quicker as I am not an Indian national, but it seemed that from the US the process was remarkably efficient. Either way, probably good to upload the evidence that you have applied for the PCC prior to the 28 days expiry.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have an update.. I contacted the case worker and she has advised that we do in fact need the AFP check even though he hasn't lived in Oz for 17 years.. I guess its down to their discretion and maybe for men (not being sexist!) but they seem to be a bit keener on making sure there's nothing funny going on e.g., coercion, arranged marriage without consent, domestic violence etc..
Well, it was worth a shot I guess. My wife was also only 21 when she left Australia so very little time to get into serious trouble I guess!

Good luck with the application and I hope you get a nice start to the new year with a visa grant!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I just got my 309 granted today. I am from Indonesia.

My timeline:
Lodgement: 10 November 2020
RFI: 26 November 2020 (Medical - Police Check)
RFI Submitted: 16 December 2020
Visa Grant: 18 December 2020

·
Registered
10 Posts

My timeline:
Awesome! That's a really quick turnaround just a little over a month?

Do you mind sharing the timeline of your relationship?

·
Registered
6 Posts

My timeline:
Awesome! That's a really quick turnaround just a little over a month?

Do you mind sharing the timeline of your relationship?
Hi yes,
We were together since 2015 I was on student visa, I moved back to Indonesia mid 2017 after graduation because we have no money nor time at that point. My partner visiting Indonesia 2-3 times a year, got engaged in 2019 and got married in January 2020.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bank

Hi guys,

How have you done with the payment for the visa? My partner is aussie and is it better exchanging rate if we pay it through his bank rather than my european one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

How have you done with the payment for the visa? My partner is aussie and is it better exchanging rate if we pay it through his bank rather than my european one?
After you filled up the online Immi Form, you will be directed to a payment page. You can either pay using Credit Card, Debit Card, Paypal or Bpay (with respective surcharges around 1-1.5% - sorry, I cannot recall the exact surcharges).

·
Registered
24 Posts
شكوبيستان السفل;2005721 said:
Hello

I`m just wondering why my 100 visa application has not been granted yet ?!! it is almost 11 months since the application, no RFI , no calls ,, nothing .,, and the agent we submitted the application with did not want to do anything. ..!

Anyone was in similar situation ?
My partner applied for her Stage2 in August 2020 and hasn't heard anything since then.. I am not sure if they stopped processing "Offshore" visa from Australia. I know one of my friends who applied for Stage2 around May/June granted within a month..

I am thinking if calling DHA will make any difference.!! :confused::confused:

Anyone else waiting on Stage 2 (PR 100)? Please connect

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I am Australian and applying my wife for visa 309 from offshore. We made the application in Immi account 1 week ago but receive no letter of request for foreign police check? is this normal? Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi there, I am Australian and applying my wife for visa 309 from offshore. We made the application in Immi account 1 week ago but receive no letter of request for foreign police check? is this normal? Thanks
One week is too early to expect an RFI for police checks. But u shd get a generic request to do your biometrics right after submitting. If u want to have a decision ready application. U can go ahead and do the police check and send. Although u shd be prepared to redo it if it takes long and a new one is required

32 Posts
I do not know what happened and why they take a long time to process 2nd stage,,
some of 100 visa applications got granted in 2 days only .!!
for myself, we used an migration agent,, but he/she is still refusing the follow up with DHA why is taking a long time .. so we can not contact the DHA ourselves , If you can contact the DHA just do it , and let us know please what their response will be

Thank you

My partner applied for her Stage2 in August 2020 and hasn't heard anything since then.. I am not sure if they stopped processing "Offshore" visa from Australia. I know one of my friends who applied for Stage2 around May/June granted within a month..

I am thinking if calling DHA will make any difference.!! :confused::confused:

Anyone else waiting on Stage 2 (PR 100)? Please connect

·
Registered
128 Posts
شكوبيستان السفل;2006403 said:
I do not know what happened and why they take a long time to process 2nd stage,,
some of 100 visa applications got granted in 2 days only .!!
for myself, we used an migration agent,, but he/she is still refusing the follow up with DHA why is taking a long time .. so we can not contact the DHA ourselves , If you can contact the DHA just do it , and let us know please what their response will be

Thank you
The current processing times for the 100 are up to 17-22 months. The reason your agent is refusing to follow up is because they know its a waste of time.
The reply will just be the generic "you are still within the current processing times"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has asked for extension on RFI? We have just received notice on 16/12 for medical and police clearance to be completed on 13/1/2021 However due to Christmas and New Year break, plus extra steps to get medical done due to COVID it's unlikely we will make it. Just wondering if it is possible to request for extension and if it is possible, is it hard to get extension?

4721 - 4740 of 5135 Posts