Australia Forum banner

4801 - 4820 of 5262 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, I don't think so and as a matter of fact, I've seen people's application getting assigned a CO after making some updates. But it's extremely unpredictable and not transparent as it varies too much by individual cases and by the procedures each processing office reviews applications.
Thanks for the info!

Also, how do can you know which office is going to take care of your application, we just processed it through Immiaccount, I guess since me being an EU citizen I would pass through Berlin but...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Also, how do can you know which office is going to take care of your application, we just processed it through Immiaccount, I guess since me being an EU citizen I would pass through Berlin but...
On page 6 of our online application under Contact details there was a question that said

Department office
The applicant may be required to attend an Australian Government Office for an interview. Which is the closest office to the applicant's current location?
Office:
The office we chose at that stage was the one that processed our application.

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh! Ok, thank you so much!

I hope that if we need to do an interview we can do it through Zoom or MS Teams, moving around Europe lately is a little bit of a hassle...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the info!

I'm not exactly sure about that as our agent lodged everything online for us. When we received the official RFI email, my agent told me it was probably from a certain processing office from looking at the email address.

With regards to the interview, I think they don't usually make the fuss to require couples to attend in person, the probability is even lower during the pandemic. What they usually do is a short phone call to each one of you and most couples don't get one at all before their visas are granted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks, most of our doubts come from us lodging the visa app without an agent...
Well, that's definitely a considerably large amount of additional expenses people choose to pay to have that reassurance and peace of mind.

Still most people choose to lodge their applications themselves, and at the end of the day, they'll get there without a problem since we all have access to forums and groups like this one to help out each other.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There has actually been a lot of movement recently in regards to 309s.Hopefully things get processed soon for all.

I attached an extra Form 888 for me and my partner with a work friend and pressed the "I've attached all documents" form on Monday.

There are a fair few of us here now who are on the same boat. Received the generic pre-assessment email and now waiting for any further queries or a decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All, not sure if i'm posting this in the correct location but I've questions around immigration to Australia during Covid-19 pandemic. Our 100 visa was granted in November 2020, we have until November 2021 to enter Australia. We're hesitating on leaving as we're trying to avoid the $4000 (for two people) quarantine fee. We live in the UK.

Does anyone know if the Australian government is extending the entry time into the country? Has anyone spoken to their immigration lawyers about this? We did the application ourselves so can't ask one. Does anyone know of a contact number or email to speak to the government about this?

I'm drawing blanks at the moment and would love to speak to a real "government person" to understand exactly what our options are. If we have to spend the money, we have to spend it but just want to know for sure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All, not sure if i'm posting this in the correct location but I've questions around immigration to Australia during Covid-19 pandemic. Our 100 visa was granted in November 2020, we have until November 2021 to enter Australia. We're hesitating on leaving as we're trying to avoid the $4000 (for two people) quarantine fee. We live in the UK.

Does anyone know if the Australian government is extending the entry time into the country? Has anyone spoken to their immigration lawyers about this? We did the application ourselves so can't ask one. Does anyone know of a contact number or email to speak to the government about this?

I'm drawing blanks at the moment and would love to speak to a real "government person" to understand exactly what our options are. If we have to spend the money, we have to spend it but just want to know for sure.

Thanks!
Haven't heard or seen anything to that effect, but it would make sense given the travel cap.

You can try calling DHA directly but they likely won't have an official position on this and will refer you to the website (as always).

Given the murmurings in the Australian media, I don't see quarantine going anywhere in 2021 and commercial flights are not really available until April at the moment. If you are purchasing economy, there is also the possibility of being kicked off your flight based on the fluctuating travel cap i.e. I spoke to an Emirates consultant the other day to find out if the halving of the travel cap to Perth could affect our Business class fares. He said there were about 18 business class customers and 20 odd economy passengers booked on our flight. He said the economy tickets would be cancelled if a travel cap reduction necessitated it.

So you are looking at a very uncertain climate for travel and a long wait as it is with the potential of being cancelled. There are some horror stories in the Australian media about people with kids being canceled 3/4 times.

IMO you should register your details with DFAT and try to jag a ticket for a repatriation flight. They won't be canceled and you get to do quarantine in the NT with access to a balcony. It is the best quarantine in Australia by all reports.

You could also wait and see if they will extend the date of entry. Don't know how that would go.

Cheers and good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haven't heard or seen anything to that effect, but it would make sense given the travel cap.

You can try calling DHA directly but they likely won't have an official position on this and will refer you to the website (as always).

Given the murmurings in the Australian media, I don't see quarantine going anywhere in 2021 and commercial flights are not really available until April at the moment. If you are purchasing economy, there is also the possibility of being kicked off your flight based on the fluctuating travel cap i.e. I spoke to an Emirates consultant the other day to find out if the halving of the travel cap to Perth could affect our Business class fares. He said there were about 18 business class customers and 20 odd economy passengers booked on our flight. He said the economy tickets would be cancelled if a travel cap reduction necessitated it.

So you are looking at a very uncertain climate for travel and a long wait as it is with the potential of being cancelled. There are some horror stories in the Australian media about people with kids being canceled 3/4 times.

IMO you should register your details with DFAT and try to jag a ticket for a repatriation flight. They won't be canceled and you get to do quarantine in the NT with access to a balcony. It is the best quarantine in Australia by all reports.

You could also wait and see if they will extend the date of entry. Don't know how that would go.

Cheers and good luck
Thanks for your response! I really appreciate it. Can you please advise what DHA stands for?

I'm an Australian citizen so fine to register with DFAT but would my partner (a British citizen with a valid 100 visa) be able to register for this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There has actually been a lot of movement recently in regards to 309s.Hopefully things get processed soon for all.

I attached an extra Form 888 for me and my partner with a work friend and pressed the "I've attached all documents" form on Monday.

There are a fair few of us here now who are on the same boat. Received the generic pre-assessment email and now waiting for any further queries or a decision.
Hi I am curious what is generic email looks like? we received a request from CO in Dec 2020 request medical (but not police check), we did the medical, as well as upload police certificate for both of us one week ago. Hopefully can hear from CO soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys, long time lurker.

I just received my partner's visa grant couple of days ago..Timeline is as follows:

Applied: 6 November 2019
RFI: 25 November 2020
RFI Submitted: 12 December 2020
Visa Grant: 19 January 2021

I applied for an offshore visa application with my partner in India. I am an Australian citizen. Visa processing office was Bangkok, Thailand.

I uploaded all documents upfront including PCC and medicals.

Happy to answer any questions or queries :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys, long time lurker.

I just received my partner's visa grant couple of days ago..Timeline is as follows:

Applied: 6 November 2019
RFI: 25 November 2020
RFI Submitted: 12 December 2020
Visa Grant: 19 January 2021

I applied for an offshore visa application with my partner in India. I am an Australian citizen. Visa processing office was Bangkok, Thailand.

I uploaded all documents upfront including PCC and medicals.

Happy to answer any questions or queries :)
Congradualtions!
May I ask what is requred in RFI on 12 Dec 2020? was it medical and PCC?

4801 - 4820 of 5262 Posts