Australia Forum banner

4861 - 4880 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone!
I have a question. I really need help. I am from Finland. I and my son moved to Australia in April 2020 based on 309 partner visa. My son is a depndant child as he was a student and lives with me. The problem is that he have to go back to Finland to do his compulsury military service and to continue his studies as studying in Finland is free of charge (when we moved to Australia he was still studying and lived with me and he still lives with me). We can apply for 100 permenant visa in early June 2021. My question is if my son goes back to Finland now can he still get the permenant residency(100 visa)? And is he allowed to leave Australia now or soon? We appriciate any help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello everyone!
I have a question. I really need help. I am from Finland. I and my son moved to Australia in April 2020 based on 309 partner visa. My son is a depndant child as he was a student and lives with me. The problem is that he have to go back to Finland to do his compulsury military service and to continue his studies as studying in Finland is free of charge (when we moved to Australia he was still studying and lived with me and he still lives with me). We can apply for 100 permenant visa in early June 2021. My question is if my son goes back to Finland now can he still get the permenant residency(100 visa)? And is he allowed to leave Australia now or soon? We appriciate any help.
Yes, it is stated on the DHA website that applicants can be in or outside Australia when their PR stage 2 visas (subclass 100 or 801) are being decided. If your son happens to be offshore when the visa is granted, he will need to make his first entry again on his new 100 visa within 12 months.

But I'm not sure if he will need to apply for a travel exemption to depart Australia given the travel restrictions in place.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife and son have been granted with PR today. We have been married for 10 years with 2 kids. Below is our timelime:
Date of lodge: 31/7/2020
RFI: 13/10/2020 - police check, health check and biometric collection
Last RFI document submitted: 25/1/2021.
Grants straight to PR: 27/1/2021.

Thanks and good luck everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you about my journey so far because it's moved incredibly fast!

• Applied November 12th 2020
  • Did my health assessment and UK police clearance straight away, these were both submitted around November 20th 2020
  • Request for further Info 20th January 2021 (required Sponsor's PC)
  • Will submit further info in the next week when it arrives

Happy to answer any questions :)
Congrats on the quick RFI, fingers crossed it's granted shortly!

Can I ask how long you are with you partner? When you met etc?

I submitted my application shortly after yours in Nov (via the London office), just I'm wondering should I be expecting and RFI etc. in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!
I’m from the UK. Me and my partner applied for the partner visa on August 14th 2019. I did my medical the very next day and had everything submitted within a week after applying. Have had 2 additional requests for information the last being in November 2020 which was fulfilled the very same day! Since then it’s still be quiet. We haven’t seen each other since September 2019 and it is getting harder everyday waiting.

I want to thank you all for the hope I see in these posts of acceptance and support. I’m not a big forum poster but I do read and check through every now and then when I need the lift of people having better luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all!
I'm from the UK. Me and my partner applied for the partner visa on August 14th 2019. I did my medical the very next day and had everything submitted within a week after applying. Have had 2 additional requests for information the last being in November 2020 which was fulfilled the very same day! Since then it's still be quiet. We haven't seen each other since September 2019 and it is getting harder everyday waiting.

I want to thank you all for the hope I see in these posts of acceptance and support. I'm not a big forum poster but I do read and check through every now and then when I need the lift of people having better luck
Try contacting the processing office by replying to the RFI email you received, and tell them you've uploaded all the requested evidence and your case is in a decision-ready status. See if that helps getting their attention to continue processing your application as you've already waited 17 months and most offshore applications do seem to be getting finalized within 20 months or so.

All the best, and hope you will have the visa granted and get to re-union with your partner soon~

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are there people who applied for 309 since May 2019...submitted all documents , got RFI in December 2020, submitted that too and still waiting ☹
I don’t seem to see a lot of lodgment from Nigeria on this forum being granted.
Anyone with a positive feedback?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Here is my timeline so far:

Apply date: 20/11/2020
RFI: 05/01/2021 - Medical/Police check
RFI supplied: 27/01/2021

Now we are just waiting for the response. We are dealing with Belgrade Embassy in Serbia.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

Applications are in queue initially. Once the officer send RFI ( request for information) it doesn't go back in the queue. application is always assessed by the same officer. It depends on the officer how he/she would like to work because they work on multiple applications simultaneously.

Back in 2018, I was fortunate enough that my officer processed my partner visa in total of 2 months including RFI.

I have a question if someone could answer, does my application go to the bottom of the pile everytime I attach a document to it?

We are doing this by ourselves and we are plagued with doubts...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi ,

I applied at the same time. Please let me know if you have any details.

Hey guys,

Did anyone receive RFI or Grant for Subclass 100 any time recently from QLD Processing office? We applied for 100 after 2 years from 309 in Aug 2020 and it's completely quiet since then. No contacts from CO. Not sure how to get the application moving...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Here is my timeline so far:

Apply date: 20/11/2020
RFI: 05/01/2021 - Medical/Police check
RFI supplied: 27/01/2021

Now we are just waiting for the response. We are dealing with Belgrade Embassy in Serbia.
Can I ask what your relationship timeline is/when you met your partner?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello , friend what i have to do coming in australia , do i need to fill any form or ihave to call in immigration ...
You can directly search for tickets, and if you want you can register with ahc as stranded Australian ( check ahc website for more details), There is also a Facebook group named Australians stuck in India, ask there for latest updates, that group is very useful

All the best

·
Registered
8 Posts
We didn't have any required documents either only recommended, I started to attach documents straight away. Hoping for the best. 🤞
Where are u applying from?
Yeah, we did the same as well. We also called a contact number for ImmiAccount just to be sure and they said not all visas have required documents, so I think it's all good. We're applying from Japan.

4861 - 4880 of 5135 Posts