Australia Forum banner

4961 - 4980 of 5334 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there,

My visa 309 first entry date was July 2020. Due to Covid, plans got delayed as I had to wind up here in Canada.

I called Immi gov but was not able to get an answer if it will be okay if I arrive within next few months.

Does anyone know how to get an extension so I can plan accordingly?

I will be calling australian embassy in ottawa tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone here can help.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it it necessary for the applicant to fill out a Form 80? Has anyone been granted without doing one?
On the document checklist it says to fill it in so, yeh, we did it straight away, took a while to collect all the information but a good feeling when it's all done. I assume that the form is pretty important as it include heaps of information on there ..

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...onal-309#HowTo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good to hear that you have an RFI less than 2 months after application!

Which processing office are you allocated to?

On the document checklist it says to fill it in so, yeh, we did it straight away, took a while to collect all the information but a good feeling when it's all done. I assume that the form is pretty important as it include heaps of information on there ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am currently onshore and had applied offshore and my 309/100 were both granted on the first of March. They are granting offshore visas onshore

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone
My wife has been waiting for 309 visa from last 23 months.
Last update we got was in November 2020
For police check and Medical since then waiting. Appiled offshore currently onshore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
309/100 in Singapore

Hi everyone, hope this is the right place to add to the thread (please excuse me if otherwise, first post here ;)). Would like to share our 309 application status and seeking for advice on a couple of related matters.

First of all, great forum/ community here. We (husband and I) have never thought the Partner Visa process would be so complex. That said, I suppose we appreciate how thorough the system is to comb out those who are potentially abusing the system thus being fair on those who are genuine. This is an eye opener especially for me, as in my previous line of work, I have had visa application experiences (namely ones for work) across Asia.

Next, here is a bit of our background and 309/100 application timeline to date.
Applicant: British
Sponsor: Australian citizen
We met via a dating app 6 years ago, started seriously and exclusively see each other a year after. From then on, we regularly lived together but did not officially shared the same address, and traveled more than 10 trips together, including 1 where I went to UK to meet his friends and family. We officially moved in together 2-3 years ago, in fact, I moved from HK to SG for him. We got married early 2020 and had upcoming plans to do weddings in HK and UK but currently all postponed :(. Overall, we feel we have a number of solid evidence to proof our relationship and our intention to be together, settling in Oz. Though, WE KNOW we are genuine and have done our very best/ what's humanly possible on the application, we're (mainly me) still slightly worried some lack of evidence/ doing the minimum may lead us into complications and disadvantage our application.

Application lodged in: Singapore
Visa Lodged: 14 Nov 2020
RFI: 18 Nov 2020
Medical: 9 Dec 2020 (attended date only since it says results will only be sent directly to consulate and applicant will not be informed)
Police Check completed: 8 Feb 2021 (police report from 3 jurisdiction and HK was the last one) ***echo the pain of others who had to experience the primitive process set by HK authorities***
Status as of today: Initial Assessment

So, here's the questions:

1. Lodging from Singapore
a) Are there others here who are also applying from Singapore? I'm aware of the suggested global processing time as Immi suggests and from those who shared on this forum. Anyone like to share their experience in terms of timeline?
b) Is it 'norm' to see the Initial Assessment status for months? or does this vary depending on where you lodge?

2. Sufficient evidence?
a) We loosely share our finances i.e. rarely split a bill/ cost in the middle, just whoever wants to pay. Also, no joint bank acc or mortgage or shared major assets, although our intention is to have those when we can settle (back) into Oz. We uploaded heaps of receipts (grocery, rent, flights/ hotels of trips together, gifts for each other etc.). So it may appear we don't have the traditional view of significant shared finances. Anyone have similar experience and if so what's been the outcome?
b) As I mentioned earlier, we met online but since dating exclusively, we of course have respectively delete the app/ all records. Would we be scrutinized for lack of supporting evidence and not matching up to our story?
c) Form 888 - we submitted 2 as it asks for, one from a parent, one from a friend who is also witness on our marriage cert. Both declarer are Australian citizens. Have we done enough? I read many have said to give more and even put in 888s by non-Aussies if they are close friends/ family who know the full history of our relationship, are such additional 888 necessary? I think yes but my husband insist we should just follow what Immi asked for, plus since the pandemic, we are weary to trouble our friends/ family to do this as (I think) it asks them for notarised documents which likely need to be performed in person where they reside.

3. Moving prior 309 approval
a) We might be pushed out of Singapore if my husband loses his job because of the tight immigration rule here. Also I've been turn down on jobs that I am qualified for but because I would need SG employment pass sponsorship, I immediate get rejected. If the day comes, we are thinking to move straight to where we want to settle (likely Melbourne) whilst we await for the 309/ 100 to come through. Am I right to think that we could apply BVA for someone who is pending for the 309/100?
b) If we do move, the likelihood is, we will both be coming in without a job. We are both trying to connect and network for potential opportunity, and are confident about prospects. Would this factor (unemployment) impact on our 309/100 application, and/or BVA for my husband? I don't believe we will be a burden to the society and that's not our intention, but possibility is we could both be unemployed at time of entry.

Apologies for the lengthy post. All advice welcome!

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
I'm aware of the suggested global processing time as Immi suggests and from those who shared on this forum. Anyone like to share their experience in terms of timeline?
The processing times that they quote are actual times, based on actual times for the previous month, to give a guide. However this varies all the time, for various reasons including numbers of applications.

Subclass 309 processing in January 2021 was 18-22, which meant under 18 months for 75% of applications, between 18 & 22 months for 15%, and over 22 months for 10%.

To give an idea of that two figure processing guide, the 309 processing for the whole of 2019/20 was 15-19 months, with an average time of 11 months.

A few 309 examples for British applicants. But probably not lodged in Singapore.

309 Granted: 2 Mar 2021 - Applied Apr 2020. British. Processed in Berlin in 24 months. Granted onshore in Australia.

309 Granted: 26 Feb 2021 - Applied 27 Nov 2020. British. Processed in 3 months. 100 also granted, de facto 3 yrs before application.

309 Granted: Jan 2021 - Applied Apr 2020. British. Processed in Belgrade in 9 months. 100 granted same time, 6 year marriage with Australian children.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks JandE!
Interesting summary, I was under the impression that the timeline variant was dependent on which country (consulate) was the application lodge. It didn't seem the nationality of the applicant would be a factor but I might be wrong. I suppose at the end of the day each case is going to be different depending on evidence provided, whether the declaration add up and so on.

More interested to see if anyone have thoughts or experiences on applicant arriving in Oz prior to 309 approval. Any advice on this? We're more concerned that if my husband loses his job, Singapore requires pass holders to leave the country within 30 days. We could, of course, go back to the UK but as you could imagine the logistics will madness and costly (flights, shipping, quarantine...).

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
I was under the impression that the timeline variant was dependent on which country (consulate) was the application lodge. It didn't seem the nationality of the applicant would be a factor but I might be wrong.
I think the nationality and country of lodgement might have some effect. It might involve checks in both Singapore and UK, for a British citizen living in Singapore.

More interested to see if anyone have thoughts or experiences on applicant arriving in Oz prior to 309 approval. Any advice on this?.
We did the 300 visa, but got a visitor visa to enter Australia while the 300 was processing.

Quite a few 309 applicants have entered Australia recently on a Visitor visa too.

It might seem sensible to apply for one, together with a travel ban exemption, in case of the issues you mention.

The 309 can then be granted onshore, while COVID restrictions apply.

Heading back to the UK right now, might be something to be avoided. I'll be waiting till after COVID before a trip back there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the nationality and country of lodgement might have some effect. It might involve checks in both Singapore and UK, for a British citizen living in Singapore.
We had to complete checks for 3 locations actually (UK, HK and SG)! Two were completed late last year and one completed early 2021. Am I right that you referring to the police/ criminal check? Or do you mean there are separate checks with each country that the department would perform after we submitted the certificates?

We did the 300 visa, but got a visitor visa to enter Australia while the 300 was processing.

Quite a few 309 applicants have entered Australia recently on a Visitor visa too.

It might seem sensible to apply for one, together with a travel ban exemption, in case of the issues you mention.

The 309 can then be granted onshore, while COVID restrictions apply.

Heading back to the UK right now, might be something to be avoided. I'll be waiting till after COVID before a trip back there.
Thanks for sharing. Indeed! Going back to UK will be our last resort.

We have heard many would do the visitor visa along with travel ban exemption...Although, don't quite recall British passports visitors need to apply for visitor visas if entering as a tourist. Sounds like the steps to entering as a visitor are fairly straight forward but Bridging Visa A (grants eligibility to work) is the part that seem a bit of a mystery...

All the best with your application!

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
We have heard many would do the visitor visa along with travel ban exemption...Although, don't quite recall British passports visitors need to apply for visitor visas if entering as a tourist.
A visa is still needed but normally pretty easy to get.
It is the subclass 601. But the visa listing states: "Processing time for this visa is not available." Due to COVID travel restrictions.
It does of course need a travel exemption. Possibly worth applying for first.

do you mean there are separate checks with each country that the department would perform after we submitted the certificates?
From what I have read, I feel that they do some extra checks, although maybe not for everyone. Some countries even personally interview the applicants next door neighbours.

All the best with your application!
Thanks for that, but we are through the long visa part, 44 months to PR, and now on the Citizenship wait...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good to hear that you have an RFI less than 2 months after application!

Which processing office are you allocated to?

I think it's Berlin or that's what we chose when we applied at least, doesn't say anywhere else. What about you? 😊

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

My husband's 309 was granted today. I wanted to share our timeline as I found reading other's quite comforting over the course of our journey.

We lodged our application in Brazil using an agent based in Sydney, my husband and I had spent time in the USA. My husband was able to join me in Aus early last year, just before the borders closed. This is the abridged version, happy to provide more info on our timeline if anyone requests.

15/8/2019 - Application lodged, but did not include a NY State police check, only FBI clearance
15/8/2019 - Medical request
29/8/2019 - Medicals submitted
11/9/2019 - RFI for the NY State police check that we did not include in our original lodgment
2/10/2019 - RFI submitted

19/3/2020 - Spouse arrived in Sydney on a VV (600), just as Australian borders closed
13/11/2020 - Second VV (600) onshore application granted
20/1//2020 - RFI for Brazilian state, federal clearance and USA FBI clearance, as 12 months had passed since we first submitted those docs
16/12/2020 - RFI submitted
28/2/2021 - 309 provisional visa granted, 19 months-ish since lodgment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, just want to ask opinion regarding my experience, me and my wife we've beeen in relationship since 2016 and got married jan 2019, we lodge our 309 partner visa offhosre from Indonesia through MRA agent on june 2019, 2 months later i've got 1st RFI asked for medical and evidence of relationship more detail with Case officer name O, we provided everything even our agent told me its more than enough in every aspect

November 2019 ive got my tourist visa, flew to darwin january 2020 untill now (i have got extended tourist visa twice since then due to stay with my wife in these pandemic,waiting partner visa and limited flight from darwin)
November 2020 ive got my 2nd RFI asking for australia police clearance with different case officer name Y, 2 weeks later i provided it, and then 5th march 2021 i've got 3rd RFI from another different case officer name D, asking medical update and evidence of relationship from 2020 up untill now.

I was wondering is it normal to have 3 different case officer in your visa process? and why dont they asked medical and more evidence together with police clearance in 2 nd RFI on november 2020, instead of asking it now, just little bit confuse with the way they manage these visa process

Anyway everytime they send email theres information that my visa processing centre is in Australian Embassy Jakarta, and i think those case officer is also local Indonesian assuming from their name
If anyone has the same experience as me, feel free to comment and hope we are all got our visa granted soon 🙂

TImeline:
*Lodge 309: 28th June 2019

*First RFI for Partner Visa: Medical, History Relationshiop and Spouse Travel moevement for the last 10 years. 26th August 2019

*Granted 600 Visa 20th November 2019

*Arrive in Australia with Tourist Visa: 31th Jan 2020

*Granted 2nd 600 Visa Onshore: 23th July 2020

*Second RFI For Partner Visa: Aus Police Clearance 12 November 2020

*RFI for 600 Visa Extension, Medical and Indonesian Police Clearance 9th December 2020

*Granted 3rd 600 Visa Onshore 12th Jan 2021

*Third RFI for Partner Visa: Medical and Update Evidence of Relationship 2020 untill now. 5th March 2021

Still Waiting more than 20 months, apply offshore Indonesia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with the Berlin embassy. I applied for a 600 on 2 February and for a 309/100 on 6 March 2021 and I'm really hoping one of them goes through before June/July. I applied from Austria so I'm guessing it'll be processed in Berlin.
Also has anyone had any experience front-loading the application with them? I'm very unsure on whether I should give it a shot and get the medicals done or not.
Any advice is very welcome :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello Everyone

My partner's Visa has been granted.

This is subclass 309 and it has been granted while she is onshore.

Thanks to everyone here. This forum has been super informative and helpful throughout the process.

Take care and best of luck to all waiting

4961 - 4980 of 5334 Posts