Australia Forum banner

4981 - 5000 of 5135 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm just about to put in my 309/100 visa. I have all the documents ready to go after I lodge it, but I have 2 questions.

1. Should I go ahead with the medical now (the wait to get it is only about 2 weeks) or wait for the CO to let me know to do it?

2. I was told we have 28 days after it's approved to leave for Oz. Is there any way to extend that now, because of covid and the travel restrictions?

Thanks a lot everyone :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. Should I go ahead with the medical now (the wait to get it is only about 2 weeks) or wait for the CO to let me know to do it?

2. I was told we have 28 days after it's approved to leave for Oz. Is there any way to extend that now, because of covid and the travel restrictions?
I would front-load your application with all requested documents, including police clearances and medical checks to expedite the approval process.

You should receive one year to enter Australia from the date of approval - I don't know where you're pulling 28 days from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would front-load your application with all requested documents, including police clearances and medical checks to expedite the approval process.

You should receive one year to enter Australia from the date of approval - I don't know where you're pulling 28 days from.
Hey,

Thanks for the reply - my mother-in-law talked to immigration and that's what they told her :confused:

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
my mother-in-law talked to immigration and that's what they told her :confused:
It used to be until the medicals/police checks expired, but since COVID they seem to be giving 12 months from the grant. Medical expiry dates seem not quite as important as before to some.

Not sure if that applies at all embassies though.

They normally give 28 days for people to reply to requests for further information (RFIs).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well guys it's my turn to share the good news... 309/100 was just granted today, straight to the 100! I have an enter-by date of March 10, 2022 so exactly one year from today. I hope to get over there much sooner of course. I've enjoyed spending time here during the wait, and learned much more about immigration than I ever thought I'd know and was able to converse with many wonderful folks. I wish a speedy approval for everyone else here still waiting for an outcome, and also want to thank Nick at CCMS for making sure I stepped through this correctly and efficiently. Hang in there everyone! :D

Reactions: Omie and Joriana

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well guys it's my turn to share the good news... 309/100 was just granted today, straight to the 100! I have an enter-by date of March 10, 2022 so exactly one year from today. I hope to get over there much sooner of course. I've enjoyed spending time here during the wait, and learned much more about immigration than I ever thought I'd know and was able to converse with many wonderful folks. I wish a speedy approval for everyone else here still waiting for an outcome, and also want to thank Nick at CCMS for making sure I stepped through this correctly and efficiently. Hang in there everyone!
Congratulations and good luck with everything! 😊👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well guys it's my turn to share the good news... 309/100 was just granted today, straight to the 100! I have an enter-by date of March 10, 2022 so exactly one year from today. I hope to get over there much sooner of course. I've enjoyed spending time here during the wait, and learned much more about immigration than I ever thought I'd know and was able to converse with many wonderful folks. I wish a speedy approval for everyone else here still waiting for an outcome, and also want to thank Nick at CCMS for making sure I stepped through this correctly and efficiently. Hang in there everyone! :D
Congrats - hope mine goes that fast :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've got a few questions regarding my 309 application:

1) Regarding the translations of documents I got them translated by a friend who works self employed as a translator. She doesn't have a stamp and isn't certified, but holds a university degree in English and translation. Will that be okay? We endorsed the translations in the way advised on the Immi website.

2) I uploaded statements in support of partner visa from a friend, my sister and my parents. We didn't get them certified by a notary but also uploaded passport scans of them, should that be okay? I didn't want them to have to go to a notary when it is so complicated to do with Covid.

Thanks for any advice :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

1) Regarding the translations of documents I got them translated by a friend who works self employed as a translator. She doesn't have a stamp and isn't certified, but holds a university degree in English and translation. Will that be okay? We endorsed the translations in the way advised on the Immi website.

2) I uploaded statements in support of partner visa from a friend, my sister and my parents. We didn't get them certified by a notary but also uploaded passport scans of them, should that be okay? I didn't want them to have to go to a notary when it is so complicated to do with Covid.

I don't think that will work - especially the 888 form. If you read through it on the first page, right side it says that it has to be stamped and signed by a person that's in a similar position like in Australia (notary in europe).
Besides - they're officiall documents so only state/international licensed people can do that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone,

1) If you are in Australia, you have to have your translated documents done through a NAATI translator. If you are overseas, they should be done through a certified translator in that country. unfortunately, expecially when it comes to official documents such as birth certificates, land titles etc it has to be through a certified tranlator or the department will not consider it.

2) Get the statements certified. Look for a JP or prescribed person that is written on the 888 statement, see if you can do a certification virtually if your family members cant go out. When it is certified it give their statement strength.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey I need your advise.

We filed our 300 prospective marriage visa application on 31st March 2019.
We got married in dec 2019 and requested to convert our application to 309.
I came to visit my husband in March 2020 and has been here since then.
Got an interview call in august 2020.
Later received request for PCC in November. After that received request for AFP in feb 2021 and submitted it in a week.

Now covid concession has been applied for onshore grants and we have been waiting for more than 23 months. We have an agent and she requested for update and they mentioned application is under active consideration on 2nd March 2021. What should we do next? We have are getting impatient and current timelines says 22 months for 90% applications. Should we follow up with them again? Or should we wait ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

I should've probably specified my questions a bit, I have all official documents such as birth certificate, marriage certificate and police checks issued in an international, multilingual format, so those don't need to be translated. The only things I need to get translated are our tenancy agreement and some bills. Unfortunately there is no NAATI certified translator in Austria and I'm not exactly sure what a 'certified' translator would be, as the departments website just states if it's properly endorsed it's okay?

As with the statements they're not form 888s, they are just additional statements from my non-Australian family to support our case further. We have 888s from Australian family members.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you are out of Australia you dont need a NAATI aproved translator, you just need a translator (try to go for someone with a degree on translation and interpretation) and on every document they translate they have to add the following info:

full name
address and telephone number
qualifications and experience in the language they are translating

Im pretty sure that if you ask your foreign office they will give you a list of state aproved and sworn translators.

Here is a list of translators and interpreters in Austria:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...st-of-translators-and-interpreters-in-austria

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you so much for all your help and advice regarding the translations!
I called the global service line as well to double check with them and they told me as long as it's appropriately endorsed they don't mind who does it.

I enquired with the translators you suggested and found one who has a university degree and is happy to endorse it the way required, plus doesn't charge too much. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi All,

After long wait we got our 309 granted,
It's almost 24 months since we applied, thank you all for the support and updates,
Our timeline
Applied on 12 May 2019
RFI 9 October 2020
Visa granted on 11 March 2021
Ahc New Delhi
Applied offshore , came to Australia 6 months before, visa granted onshore

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for any advice
1) We're offshore and got ours translated by an NAATI approved translator, the papers we got translated proves our relationship so though it could be good.

2) Regarding the 888 form we had my partner parents, his best mate that all are Aussie to fill it in and the forms are signed by a JP. We also had my parents and mutual friends (not Aussies) to write statements about or relationship but didn't get them signed. We sent in everyone's passports just for the sake being.

Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello dear lovely people,
I wanted to know, how much time it takes to grant the visa after submitting s56 Police clearance request.
Below is my timeline.
DOL - 22 June 2020 from India
Telephonic interview - 4 Feb 2021
Medical cleared - 6 Feb 2021
s56 RFI for PCC India and Germany - 15 Feb 2021
Both PCC of India and Germany uploaded on IMII - 10 March 2021.
Thank you very much
Omie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello dear lovely people,
I wanted to know, how much time it takes to grant the visa after submitting s56 Police clearance request.
Below is my timeline.
DOL - 22 June 2020 from India
Telephonic interview - 4 Feb 2021
Medical cleared - 6 Feb 2021
s56 RFI for PCC India and Germany - 15 Feb 2021
Both PCC of India and Germany uploaded on IMII - 10 March 2021.
Thank you very much
Omie
Pretty much goes on a case to case base, this is my timeline which as you can see is wildly different from yours:
Applied jan 10 2021
RFI for Health Check and proving Sponsors nationality feb 16 2021
Health Check and Sponsors nationality prove mar 8 2021

after you submit the data required by the RFI the grant could be in days or months....the opacity of the whole process is astonishing...

4981 - 5000 of 5135 Posts