Australia Forum banner

5081 - 5100 of 5160 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not totally impossible. In February 2021 there were about 25,800 arrival trips into Australia. 11,500 of these were Australian citizens returning home, and 14,320 being foreign citizens.

It’s up to the airlines, not the Government, to decide who it sells tickets to.

It seems that it is easier to arrive from some countries, where the airlines are still flying to Australia.
These are the top 5 non Australian nationalities arriving in Australia in February 2021: 4,100 New Zealand, 1,500 Indian, 1,100 Chinese, 960 UK and 580 USA.

Just a thought... If people can get to New Zealand, a flight from New Zealand to Australia MIGHT be easier?
Where’s these numbers from? Would be interesting to read more for sure 😊 Hoping that we will be able to travel after the summer (European).
Do we have anyone on here that have travelled to oz during late 2020 or 2021?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not totally impossible. In February 2021 there were about 25,800 arrival trips into Australia. 11,500 of these were Australian citizens returning home, and 14,320 being foreign citizens.

It’s up to the airlines, not the Government, to decide who it sells tickets to.

It seems that it is easier to arrive from some countries, where the airlines are still flying to Australia.
These are the top 5 non Australian nationalities arriving in Australia in February 2021: 4,100 New Zealand, 1,500 Indian, 1,100 Chinese, 960 UK and 580 USA.

Just a thought... If people can get to New Zealand, a flight from New Zealand to Australia MIGHT be easier?

·
Registered
322 Posts
thanks so much for the information and my daughter in Perth, W.A seems to have got it wrong when she said
only aussie citizens can get in apart from a very small number of cases where compassion needed ( not a quality one associated with Tories here or Liberal govt in oz 0- smile ! ). possibly my daughter would prefer me to remain in the old dart ! ( wry smile ). But surely the government decides on numbers as it depends on quarantine vacancies at hotels each day and it is reason people are being "bumped off" flights at airport ? I think a business class flight is necessary in almost every case which is a real pain as must cost at least $20,000 per ticket . Maybe I am totally wrong .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you! 😊
Application lodged: 5th of January 2021
RFI: 24th of February
RFI submitted 29th of March 2021
Medical, police clearance & form40
100 grant: 7th of April 2021
Omg that’s almost around the time we sent ours. Omg fingers crossed 🤞🏼 I get mine soon.
my husband is from Australia and I live here in the US. May i ask did you end up using an agent?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Omg that’s almost around the time we sent ours. Omg fingers crossed 🤞🏼 I get mine soon.
my husband is from Australia and I live here in the US. May i ask did you end up using an agent?
I hope you get yours soon then, it’s a great feeling for sure. 😊
We didn’t use an agent, never really thought about using one as we have done a similar process for my partner, thought it would be similar, jeeez I was wrong about that. 😅

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hope you get yours soon then, it’s a great feeling for sure. 😊
We didn’t use an agent, never really thought about using one as we have done a similar process for my partner, thought it would be similar, jeeez I was wrong about that. 😅
Oh I bet it’s a great feeling! That’s awesome! Truly happy for you!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Reactions: pocketrocket

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations pocketrocket! That's great it went so fast, gives me hope mine will be processed as quickly in Berlin :)
I just have one question regarding form 40, were you asked to provide it in the RFI?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congratulations pocketrocket! That's great it went so fast, gives me hope mine will be processed as quickly in Berlin :)
I just have one question regarding form 40, were you asked to provide it in the RFI?
Thanks Joriana, hope you’ll have your grant soon! 😊🤞
We filled in the form 40 and attached the pdf document when we applied, the RFI was to fill in the form online instead. The online form is more detailed than the pdf document, similar to the main applicant form. Not sure if this is always the case, we missed that information. 🤷🏽‍♀️

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
We filled in the form 40 and attached the pdf document when we applied, the RFI was to fill in the form online instead. The online form is more detailed than the pdf document, similar to the main applicant form. Not sure if this is always the case, we missed that information.
Form 40SP (the Partner Visa Sponsors form) used to be a paper form (2014, I think), but is now done online, as part of the Partner Visa Application, after the Applicant has submitted, and paid for, the “Stage 1 – Partner / Prospective Marriage Visa” application.

I think a few people miss the sponsor part of the application (The old form 40).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the replies! Luckily we've already filled in the online form :) I was just a bit unsure whether you'd have to fill the paper version as well. So now we just have to cross our fingers and wait :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Much quicker than we expected! And super happy I was granted the 100 right out of the gate!

Application Submitted: 11 February 2021
RFI: 16 February 2021
RFI Response: 15 March 2021 (Medical/Police Clearance)
309/100 Granted: 09 April 2021

·
Registered
37 Posts
Much quicker than we expected! And super happy I was granted the 100 right out of the gate!

Omg congratulations!! 🎉🎈🍾🎊

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m hoping someone here can help me. On January 6th 2021 our agent lodged in our application. With all the evidence that we have. Two weeks later they asked for health and police RFI. Now i was able to do my medical and my police/fbi clearance (I live in the States) and our agent turned it all in. However because I was born in Mexico they wanted a police clearance from there too, the only thing is I haven’t been to Mexico since I was six and don’t know of any family there. I’m really worried that this might stall the visa process, as I’ve seen a couple of you who’ve lodge in your visa around the same time as me, and you’ve had them granted quite quickly. Is there any suggestions as to what I can do?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts

How long was your relationship, and the applicants nationality?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I'm very new here! :) We have just lodged our application few days ago (on 5th of April). I'm the applicant and my boyfriend is the sponsor
This has been one of the most confusing experiences ever as there is so much information online.

I have few questions if you don't mind:

The form 40SP, should this be done online or on pdf? If online, is it from applicants immi account or from sponsor account?
As soon as we lodged our account we had a little notification that a medical examination should be arranged so I have already booked this in for May and also I have requested the police checks from both countries I have lived previously.
I have read that usually this is requested by the case officer but we thought the sooner we apply all the info the better chances we have on a quick application, is this the case?
it's been only 2 days and it's already nerve wrecking :D

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hi All,

I'm very new here! :) We have just lodged our application few days ago (on 5th of April). I'm the applicant and my boyfriend is the sponsor
This has been one of the most confusing experiences ever as there is so much information online.

I have few questions if you don't mind:

The form 40SP, should this be done online or on pdf? If online, is it from applicants immi account or from sponsor account?
As soon as we lodged our account we had a little notification that a medical examination should be arranged so I have already booked this in for May and also I have requested the police checks from both countries I have lived previously.
I have read that usually this is requested by the case officer but we thought the sooner we apply all the info the better chances we have on a quick application, is this the case?
it's been only 2 days and it's already nerve wrecking :D

Thank you in advance
The form 40SP must be done online. Some have done the paper or pdf, and processing has been delayed until they get reminded to do it online.

It can be done in the sponsors section of the applicants Immiaccount or in the sponsors account. We did all of the sponsor side in the applicants IMMIaccount. I didn't even create a separate sponsor IMMIaccount.

Medicals and police checks used to be submitted by most applicants immediately after, or even before, the application. Waiting for a request was unusual.

But since COVID slowed down processing, applicants have been advised to delay the medicals.

With some very fast grants recently, doing a medical before getting the reminder, might be beneficial for a quicker grant again. This might depend on the processing office though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The form 40SP must be done online. Some have done the paper or pdf, and processing has been delayed until they get reminded to do it online.

It can be done in the sponsors section of the applicants Immiaccount or in the sponsors account. We did all of the sponsor side in the applicants IMMIaccount. I didn't even create a separate sponsor IMMIaccount.

Medicals and police checks used to be submitted by most applicants immediately after, or even before, the application. Waiting for a request was unusual.

But since COVID slowed down processing, applicants have been advised to delay the medicals.

With some very fast grants recently, doing a medical before getting the reminder, might be beneficial for a quicker grant again. This might depend on the processing office though.
Thank you for your quick reply!

I'm glad I asked before submitting the form 40SP as a PDF version.

Fingers crossed we didn't rush in with the police checks and the medicals.

Thanks again!

5081 - 5100 of 5160 Posts