Australia Forum banner

5121 - 5140 of 5313 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
My husband's 309 visa got approved! It took around 5 months, we're happily surprised.

Thank you all the contributors here and sharing their experience. The process is quite administratively straining but having read this forum along with other materials, it really made a difference and it is possible to file the application successfully without an agent (provided you do have strong evidence to demonstrate a genuine and continuous relationship, I reckon)
Omg congratulations!!
would you mind sharing your timeline?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Visa Lodged: 14 Nov 2020
RFI: 18 Nov 2020
Medical: 9 Dec 2020
Police Check completion: 8 Feb 2021 (from 3 jurisdiction)
309 approved: 12 Apr 2021

Good luck everyone who's still in the process!
Your 3 police checks, were those from where you live and where you were born?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Long time stalker here lol. Just wanna share our experience with the Partner Visa.

Processing office Belgrade, Serbia:
Lodged : 25 January 2020
RFI: 27th January 2020
Application in progress : 25th January 2021
2nd RFI: 02 March 2021
Provided Info: 1st April 2021
Visa Granted: 14th April 2021

She arrived to Australia on a tourist visa for only 3 months in march 2020 with a 'no further stay' condition attached, but we managed to get it waived due to covid, and has been here ever since on several tourist visas. We applied for another tourist visa end of February 2021 but she has been granted the 309 before a decision was made on the 600 visa, we have sent a withdrawal form, and we are thinking of sending a request for a refund, it was very costly ($1070 AUD)

It's been a long and frustrating and costly process, but we are thrilled that it's finalised.

Just a question regarding the 100 Visa, when can we apply for it and how long is the process to get approved.

We've been in a relationship for 7 years and married for a Year and a half.

Thanks in advance guys,

All the very best for you guys that are still waiting.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Just a question regarding the 100 Visa, when can we apply for it and how long is the process to get approved.

We've been in a relationship for 7 years and married for a Year and a half.

Thanks in advance guys,

All the very best for you guys that are still waiting.
You can do the subclass 100 from 24 months after you lodged the 309, so 25 January 2022.

However, with a long relationship, are you entitled to the 100 at the same time as the 309?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but still going to ask, Has anyone who has a migration agent, been able to get ahold of immigration without your agent?
We have an agent who’s lodged in our 309 visa but sometimes I feel like checking the progress for myself or even adding information on my own. Or maybe I’m just a control freak when it comes to this 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
50 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but still going to ask, Has anyone who has a migration agent, been able to get ahold of immigration without your agent?
We have an agent who’s lodged in our 309 visa but sometimes I feel like checking the progress for myself or even adding information on my own. Or maybe I’m just a control freak when it comes to this 🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe ask your agent for an update and ask them to print the document list of attachments that they have uploaded from your actual application.

You can see your application history, list of correspondence from immigration (incase they didn't tell you any updates), you can see the attachments-the type of attachments-the file name that your agent saved it as-the date they uploaded it

it is basically a summary of what's happening with your visa.

Sorry i didnt read your question properly. You can contact immigration, I'm sure they'll speak with you, still they might ask if you have an agent because you have appointed your agent to speak on your behalf.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe ask your agent for an update and ask them to print the document list of attachments that they have uploaded from your actual application.

You can see your application history, list of correspondence from immigration (incase they didn't tell you any updates), you can see the attachments-the type of attachments-the file name that your agent saved it as-the date they uploaded it

it is basically a summary of what's happening with your visa.

Sorry i didnt read your question properly. You can contact immigration, I'm sure they'll speak with you, still they might ask if you have an agent because you have appointed your agent to speak on your behalf.
Thank you for responding.
Ok I’ll have to ask her. Our agent lodged in our visa January 6 of this year , I’ve done my medical and police clearance. All of that was turned in at the end of January and haven’t heard from them. I know it’s still early but I see all these other people on this form getting their visas granted, and around the same time line my visa was lodged. So keeping my fingers crossed and praying a lot. If Íker don’t hear something soon then I’ll definitely give them a call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just lodged my 100 application (2 years since 309 lodgement completed in a couple of weeks), does anyone know if the 100 visas are processed in Aus or in the applicant's home country? My 309 was processed in Berlin in 8 months which was a lot faster than the average processing time they quoted online. How is everyone tracking with their 100s?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for responding.
Ok I’ll have to ask her. Our agent lodged in our visa January 6 of this year , I’ve done my medical and police clearance. All of that was turned in at the end of January and haven’t heard from them. I know it’s still early but I see all these other people on this form getting their visas granted, and around the same time line my visa was lodged. So keeping my fingers crossed and praying a lot. If Íker don’t hear something soon then I’ll definitely give them a call.
Ah I'm in a similar boat! My agent has lodged our visa on January 12 this year. But I've gotten my biometrics completed beginning of March and just completed Medical & Police Clearance (both in Aus & M'sia) last week. It looks like those that have lodged near end of last year & beginning of this year have gotten their grant and really hoping that I'd get mine too.. will keep everyone in prayers!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ah I'm in a similar boat! My agent has lodged our visa on January 12 this year. But I've gotten my biometrics completed beginning of March and just completed Medical & Police Clearance (both in Aus & M'sia) last week. It looks like those that have lodged near end of last year & beginning of this year have gotten their grant and really hoping that I'd get mine too.. will keep everyone in prayers!
I want to wish you the best of luck 🤞🏼!!!!
Let’s hope we get ours soon!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I just lodged my 100 application (2 years since 309 lodgement completed in a couple of weeks), does anyone know if the 100 visas are processed in Aus or in the applicant's home country? My 309 was processed in Berlin in 8 months which was a lot faster than the average processing time they quoted online. How is everyone tracking with their 100s?
Out of the 17,916 Subclass 100 visas finalised in 2020, 12,157 were finalised in Brisbane and 5,573 were processed overseas.

I would assume that the ones overseas were finalised at the same time as the 309, and those finalised in Brisbane were the normal ones, being done 24 months after the 309 was lodged.

Immigration don't quote averages online, but 11 months was the average for 309s in 2019-20, slightly longer than the 10.6 months in 2018-19. Berlin is appearing to be faster than many offices.

Reactions: pitufalux

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello , I am first time visiting here
Pls, I need some information regarding 309/100 subclass
I got married 29nov. 2019
I applied 13 March 2020
They asked me for more documents 20 January 2021
again, they asked on 22 February for medical hepatitis B &C , and interviewed
Now, it’s been 2 month almost , my visa has not arrived yet

why ? They are getting late my visa ?

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I applied 13 March 2020

25% of recent 309 grants took over 18 months.

There can be many factors that slow the visa process down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I applied 13 March 2020

Hi Ishu123, the timeline for this varies from days to months. I understand the wait can be frustrating but lets hope for the best that the wait is not too much longer. Keepings my fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
But, every process is already happened Just now visa left
It doesn't take much time after medical
I see.
Ours took 8 months after medical and everything else.

5121 - 5140 of 5313 Posts