Australia Forum banner

5241 - 5260 of 5334 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Applied from Dubai, am the sponsor. We had received 'General purpose advice letter' from them saying they're processing our 309 visa and advising us to ensure we have provided all the documents.
So have now updated our police checks and waiting for a reply from the Qld office for a referral to do the health exam as there is no Hap ID showing on ImmiAccount.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the status of your application on ImmiAccount since the change? Or anyone else here who had changed from 300 to partner 309
Hello, if you don’t mind me asking when did you apply?
It’s great that they have contacted you...

I have applied from Dubai on 14 April 2019 for 309 visa as well but no updates yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
We also had changed from 300 visa to 309 and recently discovered that Dubai is no longer processing partner visas. Best use the online inquiry form to ask for an update perhaps. Hopefully you will get some response that way and find out where your application has been transferred to. Ours was sent to Partner Temporary - QLD
Hi, did you email someone?? How do you find out which processing centre is handling your application? I applied from Dubai in May 2020 and I haven’t had any response yet. I keep asking my lawyer but he doesn’t seem to know anything about which C/O or which location it’s been sent to...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Agents normally submit it through their account for all they lodge, so they can't give it the log in details as then you could see all the applications they have lodged.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Agents normally submit it through their account for all they lodge, so they can't give it the log in details as then you could see all the applications they have lodged.
Not all agents use same id to apply every person’s file... I think my id is separate one. As only my files are shown there

·
Registered
26 Posts
Withdraw the visitors visa asap, you don't want it granted after the 309 has been granted.
You've gotten things a bit jumbled re the 100. You continue the 100 process 2 years after the initial lodgement of the 309/100, the times you posted are the average processing times after that point.
Hi Aussie83

Thank you very much for explaining things.
I have received the email from Department of Home Affairs saying I can start process for the visa subclass 100.
The applicant was off shore when she was granted 309 and still is. Do we need to apply for 100 while she is off shore or it has to be done after she arrives here in Australia or it does not really matter ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, if you don’t mind me asking when did you apply?
It’s great that they have contacted you...
Hi there, hard to believe we applied in Mar 2018 for 300 visa and when Covid hit in March 2020, at 24 months still waiting for a decision. Our case had bit of complications with my husband's divorce from previous marriage as well as being from high risk country (Yemen). So couldn't stand the separation any longer I left Aus in Sept 2020 and we got married in Oct 2020 then changed to partner visa. Luckily we had some contact and hope it doesn't take too long!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, did you email someone?? How do you find out which processing centre is handling your application? I applied from Dubai in May 2020 and I haven’t had any response yet. I keep asking my lawyer but he doesn’t seem to know anything about which C/O or which location it’s been sent to...
No we didn't email. We received a general purpose letter from Qld processing office which had a case officer name and number, informing us to ensure that everything is up to date. We did update our police checks (sent by email) and asking about the health but no reply so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I’m wondering if anyone knows how long after being accepted for priority processing that you receive some type of contact or even grant of a visa. Has anyone been on priority processing before? Please let me know! My wife if pregnant and quite unwell so they have granted priority processing for that reason, now we just want to know when we’d hear back from the office.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys
just wondering any visa grants from Sri Lanka recently? Applied in 2020 March . Visa officer allocated in January 2021 . Provided all requested documents but still nothing . It’s been three months and still waiting.
I applied from Srilanka in Jan 2020. Finished submitting everything by April and still it's in the preliminary stage of assessment. No further RFIs nor a case officer assigned. Did it through an immigration agent. He says it's the same with all his applications. 😔

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Maybe there's some notification once the application is picked up by a case officer ?
The IMMI account shows the stages.
I would assume that as it is at the preliminary stage of assessment, (Initial Assessment) someone (a case officer) will have looked at it.
Initial assessmentThe application has gone through the initial checks. Please check correspondence for any additional information you may need to provide.

Reactions: Sahani

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sent my application January 30th, 2021, and got RFI for Police Check and Medical April 21st. Was caught off guard because it says to refer to the processing times to book your appointments etc accordingly. I wonder if this is a good sign? Thought usually there is a time limit on how long that information is good for. Anyways! Thanks to everyone on the forum who helped with questions etc. Helped me out tremendously.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Sent my application January 30th, 2021, and got RFI for Police Check and Medical April 21st. Was caught off guard because it says to refer to the processing times to book your appointments etc accordingly. I wonder if this is a good sign? Thought usually there is a time limit on how long that information is good for. Anyways! Thanks to everyone on the forum who helped with questions etc. Helped me out tremendously.
The problem with the official processing times is they are too vague.

In March 2021 they say that 75% took under 22 months.

Some actual times:
  • 309+100 Granted 28 Apr 2021 – Applied Nov 2020. Canadian. Processed in 5 months. (Defacto 2017)
  • 309 Granted 7 Apr 2021 – Applied 17 Feb 2021. Turkish. Processed in Turkey, in 1.5 months.
  • 309 Granted 4 Apr 2021 – Applied 5 Jan 2021. Swedish. Processed in Berlin, in 3 months.
It varies a lot, with 25% that took over 22 months in March.

Some people do the medicals quickly, and get a quick grant, but some might end up doing them again, if their application is not straightforward.

Reactions: tomkel07
5241 - 5260 of 5334 Posts