Australia Forum banner

5321 - 5334 of 5334 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
So when our lawyer/agent lodged in our application for the 309/100 , the Australian immigration office asked for my medical, police certificate from the states and my police certificate from the country I was born in. I haven’t been to my country since I was 6. Unfortunately I’m unable to go and get that police certificate and I told out lawyer that. So she turned everything else in and said that they might request a Submission as to why I wasn’t able to provide that document. My question is would I be able to send that submission now or should I wait??
Seems like that’s what our lawyer is saying, she wants to wait and see, but I’m just worried that they won’t continue to look at our application because of that missing document.
Just wondering if it's possible to get a police check from your country online? My husband hasn't lived in Australia since like... 2001/02ish and they asked him for an Australian police check, so he did it online and is having it mailed to us in Canada.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just wondering if it's possible to get a police check from your country online? My husband hasn't lived in Australia since like... 2001/02ish and they asked him for an Australian police check, so he did it online and is having it mailed to us in Canada.
I looked online (Mexico website) and it was even the site that the Australian immigration sent. But they can’t send it through the mail. They either want me or a family to go get it, but I don’t know any of my family members there that would be able to do that.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
So when our lawyer/agent lodged in our application for the 309/100 , the Australian immigration office asked for my medical, police certificate from the states and my police certificate from the country I was born in. I haven’t been to my country since I was 6. Unfortunately I’m unable to go and get that police certificate and I told out lawyer that. So she turned everything else in and said that they might request a Submission as to why I wasn’t able to provide that document. My question is would I be able to send that submission now or should I wait??
Seems like that’s what our lawyer is saying, she wants to wait and see, but I’m just worried that they won’t continue to look at our application because of that missing document.
I would be thinking the same. If immigration have already specifically asked for it, i feel you need to reply with some explanation within the period they give. Normally 28 days.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would be thinking the same. If immigration have already specifically asked for it, i feel you need to reply with some explanation within the period they give. Normally 28 days.
And that’s what I thought and that’s what I want to do. The only thing is It seems like our agent/lawyer wants to wait until they ask as to why I wasn’t able to provide that document.
But I on the other hand don’t want to wait, I want to write them an explanation as to WHY. Would I be able to do that without giving it to the lawyer?

·
Registered
62 Posts
And that’s what I thought and that’s what I want to do. The only thing is It seems like our agent/lawyer wants to wait until they ask as to why I wasn’t able to provide that document.
But I on the other hand don’t want to wait, I want to write them an explanation as to WHY. Would I be able to do that without giving it to the lawyer?
Our lawyer turned everything in I believe at the beginning of February, so that 28 day period is long gone. Would they still accept it?

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Our lawyer turned everything in I believe at the beginning of February, so that 28 day period is long gone. Would they still accept it?
I am not sure how lawyers work, but they should be able to do what you ask them to do.

Was February the date of the complete application, or the date of an RFI submission?
An RFI asks for specific things, (ie: police checks) and normally has the 28 day requirement. The application itself does not have that 28 days.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am not sure how lawyers work, but they should be able to do what you ask them to do.

Was February the date of the complete application, or the date of an RFI submission?
An RFI asks for specific things, (ie: police checks) and normally has the 28 day requirement. The application itself does not have that 28 days.

It was the date of the RFI Submission. So I turned in my state police check, FBI Check and medical.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
It was the date of the RFI Submission. So I turned in my state police check, FBI Check and medical.
If that RFI requested something specific, and that request has been ignored, I would assume you might have issues. They do not need to ask again, and can finalise the application as is, grant or refusal.

If it was me, I would send something in, if I had the application number etc.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If that RFI requested something specific, and that request has been ignored, I would assume you might have issues. They do not need to ask again, and can finalise the application as is, grant or refusal.

If it was me, I would send something in, if I had the application number etc.
Yea, And I’m going to do that. I’m gonna send them an explanation as to why I wasn’t able to provide it.
I do have the application number, how could I go about sending them this letter?
Sorry I don’t mean to ask and ask and ask. I just feel like i have to do it myself without the lawyer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea, And I’m going to do that. I’m gonna send them an explanation as to why I wasn’t able to provide it.
I do have the application number, how could I go about sending them this letter?
Sorry I don’t mean to ask and ask and ask. I just feel like i have to do it myself without the lawyer.
I really appreciate your advice!!

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
We had the ability to upload through our Immi account, so it was easy. But using a lawyer, I don't know what you have access to.

I would otherwise normally suggest contacting a migration agent to help.

Someone else might have an email address for your application office.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Everyone ,

I applied my 100 visa on 9 /5 /2021 .do I need to medical ? What is processing time ?
Can anyone suggest me do I need to upload upfront?

·
Registered
62 Posts
We had the ability to upload through our Immi account, so it was easy. But using a lawyer, I don't know what you have access to.

I would otherwise normally suggest contacting a migration agent to help.

Someone else might have an email address for your application office.
Thank you for the advice.
I think I’ll also call the Australian immigration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone,
We recently applied for our 309 visa and uploaded all required documents.
One month before application, we applied for a family sponsored visit visa and submitted biometrics and medical for the visit visa.
There was an automated request for biometrics after submitting 309.
Can the previous medicals(one month old, still valid) be used for 309 as well? The HAP ID was added in the application.
I called home affairs but got no useful information regarding this.

Thanks for your advice.

5321 - 5334 of 5334 Posts