Australia Forum banner
5501 - 5520 of 5555 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys, hope you’ll doing well. I was wondering how long does it take to get a reply back once you have submitted the requested documents. We’ve applied for the visa in December 2019, got a RFI on the 12th of May 2021 and submitted that on the 4th of June
My RFI's were submitted, May 19th, 2021, and my 100 was granted June 18th.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys, hope you’ll doing well. I was wondering how long does it take to get a reply back once you have submitted the requested documents. We’ve applied for the visa in December 2019, got a RFI on the 12th of May 2021 and submitted that on the 4th of June
There is no certain way of knowing how long they might take to reply after RFI. For some it takes just a day, and for some even months. For me, it took 3 months from the time i submitted all documents requested in RFI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys
Im new to this, i was wondering if anyones visa for 309 has been processed from dehli recently. I have submitted my last RFI on the 21st April. I am an Australian citizen n my partner indian citizen. Its been 11 weeks and yet to recieve our grant. Waiting game has been the hardest struggle have not seen husband in 2 years 😭 could someone please help or advice what todo or if there is a way to question why its been so long but no result yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys
Im new to this, i was wondering if anyones visa for 309 has been processed from dehli recently. I have submitted my last RFI on the 21st April. I am an Australian citizen n my partner indian citizen. Its been 11 weeks and yet to recieve our grant. Waiting game has been the hardest struggle have not seen husband in 2 years 😭 could someone please help or advice what todo or if there is a way to question why its been so long but no result yet.
Yes, I can definitely relate to you. I haven't seen my partner for 2 years now as well, and we're currently processing our 309 visa. We are yet to submit our second RFI once my partner's Japan Police clearance arrives in approximately 2 months. The waiting game is the hardest as along the way, you start to have so many questions and doubts but all I can say to you is that, hang in there, give it more time and have more patience. Stay positive and let's hope you'll get the golden ticket soon :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, I can definitely relate to you. I haven't seen my partner for 2 years now as well, and we're currently processing our 309 visa. We are yet to submit our second RFI once my partner's Japan Police clearance arrives in approximately 2 months. The waiting game is the hardest as along the way, you start to have so many questions and doubts but all I can say to you is that, hang in there, give it more time and have more patience. Stay positive and let's hope you'll get the golden ticket soon :)
Thank you 😢 its just so difficult i actually have medical conditions and have supplied all proof for it yet they dont seem to give importance to the file. 3 months back C/O was responding quick and now its just dead silent. Everything they needed has been provided i just dont understand why there hasnt been any response. His police check also took over month especially the one from AUS. My friends also had the same timline as us and their grant has already arrived. Dehli office seems to take for ever fml

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Hey guys
How long has it been, when did you apply for the 309?

The COVID pandemic has been one major reason for some of the long delays, with much fewer people getting grants.

I saw a couple of 309 grants from India last month, taking 24 and 31 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Applied may 2020
RFI jan 2021 - april 2021
Last RFI 21st april
No response till date
Application logged from aus via agent
C/O from Australian embassy Delhi

·
Registered
11 Posts
How long has it been, when did you apply for the 309?

The COVID pandemic has been one major reason for some of the long delays, with much fewer people getting grants.

I saw a couple of 309 grants from India last month, taking 24 and 31 months.
Applied may 2020
Last RFI 21st april
No response till date

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife/dependent son visa 309/100 both approved today (Agent used)
Time line
Marriage Date:09 June 2016
DOL:14 June 2019
Date of grant (309/100):13/07/2021 (25 months)
our case is not easy one which involves child custody/court order

our Agent is very helpful and supportive

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife/dependent son visa 309/100 both approved today (Agent used)
Time line
Marriage Date:09 June 2016
DOL:14 June 2019
Date of grant (309/100):13/07/2021 (25 months)
our case is not easy one which involves child custody/court order

our Agent is very helpful and supportive
Congratulations 🤗 was it Australian grant done via Australian embassy in india?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Applied may 2020
Last RFI 21st april
No response till date
Hi Ash,

I am waiting since January 2021 after submitting the Second RFI.

Here is my Timeline:
Marriage - January 2020
Applied 309 in August 2020
First RFI Submitted -August 2020
Second RFI- January 2021
Submitted RFI- January 2021
Front loaded all documents
Application lodged from aus via migration lawyer

No response till date, haven’t seen my partner since feb 2020. Struggle is real.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
It looks like most grants are taking 3 months to happen
Not necessarily:

The last 12 subclass 309s that I have seen took:

July 2021 grants: (average 13.6 months)
  1. 9.5 months
  2. 31 months
  3. 5 months
  4. 1.5 months
  5. 19 months
  6. 16 months
June 2021 grants: (average 2.3 months)
  1. 1 month
  2. 3 months
  3. 3 months
  4. 9 days
  5. 3 months
  6. 3.5 months
The pressure to grant a certain number of visas quickly, ended on 30 June 2021, the end of the financial year.

In previous years the average has been around 11 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ash,

I am waiting since January 2021 after submitting the Second RFI.

Here is my Timeline:
Marriage - January 2020
Applied 309 in August 2020
First RFI Submitted -August 2020
Second RFI- January 2021
Submitted RFI- January 2021
Front loaded all documents
Application lodged from aus via migration lawyer

No response till date, haven’t seen my partner since feb 2020. Struggle is real.
You will most likely get a grant after 1 year of application that is the minimum time wait.
So your looking at a possible grant after August 2021.
January 2021 is when almost all cases were allocated C/O. Myself n hubby had also. January - April they were really on top on things now they have slowed down alot many people got granted between that time that had their decision ready files as well as being in the system for almost a year.
I havent seen my partner since jan 2019 :-( its been 2.5 years for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not necessarily:

The last 12 subclass 309s that I have seen took:

July 2021 grants: (average 13.6 months)
  1. 9.5 months
  2. 31 months
  3. 5 months
  4. 1.5 months
  5. 19 months
  6. 16 months
June 2021 grants: (average 2.3 months)
  1. 1 month
  2. 3 months
  3. 3 months
  4. 9 days
  5. 3 months
  6. 3.5 months
The pressure to grant a certain number of visas quickly, ended on 30 June 2021, the end of the financial year.

In previous years the average has been around 11 months.
This just broke me 🥺

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, can anyone share offshore application in Hong Kong recently?
I am planning to submit all documents in July/Aug, it said now the return time is faster but I am not sure the updated timeline. Can anyone share?

5501 - 5520 of 5555 Posts