Australia Forum banner
5521 - 5540 of 5555 Posts

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Hi, can anyone share offshore application in Hong Kong recently?
I am planning to submit all documents in July/Aug, it said now the return time is faster but I am not sure the updated timeline. Can anyone share?
The processing times for the months up to June, may have been a lot faster than normal.

From July 2021, we may be back to normal processing times. Averages for Hong Kong have been about 9 months.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The processing times for the months up to June, may have been a lot faster than normal.

From July 2021, we may be back to normal processing times. Averages for Hong Kong have been about 9 months.
Why there is such change?
so what is new processing time now?

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Why there is such change?
so what is new processing time now?
For 2020/21 the allocation for partner visas will be 72,300, an increase from the 39,799 last year.

That allows for an extra 32,501 Partner visas to be available in the year.

Immigration had to prioritise more visas to be granted in the last half of 2020/21, to comply with that new requirement. They had up to 30th June 2021 to finalise them.

Now that the year has ended, they can relax again.

The July processing times will not be released until late August. We don't even have the official June times yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. I'd like to know if there's still any hope for 189 visa for offshore applicants? If I can get up to 95 points in accounting profession for 189, is there a chance for me?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey all! I submitted my 309 visa 14 June 2021 and just got RFI today, for my husbands Australian police check (it’s in the mail over to us already) and his form 40. We supplied an old one.. oops!

Does anyone know what the timeframe is to enter Australia after they grant you the visa? I’m 2 months pregnant (not planned) and won’t be able to travel for a little while, plus of course there are hardly any flights available. I don’t think I’ll get the visa soon, I’m just curious.

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey all! I submitted my 309 visa 14 June 2021 and just got RFI today, for my husbands Australian police check (it’s in the mail over to us already) and his form 40. We supplied an old one.. oops!

Does anyone know what the timeframe is to enter Australia after they grant you the visa? I’m 2 months pregnant (not planned) and won’t be able to travel for a little while, plus of course there are hardly any flights available. I don’t think I’ll get the visa soon, I’m just curious.

Thanks!
They gave me a year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, I want to ask when uploading ID photo in application, do I need/Sponsor needs to sign or write the full name at the back of the photo?

any one can help?

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Hi, I want to ask when uploading ID photo in application, do I need/Sponsor needs to sign or write the full name at the back of the photo?

any one can help?
We did. Uploaded an image of both front and back of the photo.

Seems pointless, but easy enough to do, just in case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,
We got our visa grant today and I know I loved reading people's time frames so here is ours:

Applied 3rd March 2021 from the UK.
RFI May 24th 2021 - info submitted 22nd June 2021 (info submitted late as Aussie Police Check took ages)
Subclass 309 & 100 Granted at the same time on 21st of July 2021.

We are both living in the UK together and have been in a defacto relationship since March 2018.
And we applied without a migration agent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
applied in September 2020, RFI - Feb 2021, RFI docs submitted in April. Visa grant in July 2021. Processing office Amman, Jordan.
Congrats!

I submitted in june 21, July I got an email from a lady in Amman office attaching a request for more information from Bupa Australia about the medical I had submitted. Does this mean I have a case officer now?
Also i hear Amman office is quite slow:(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats!

I submitted in june 21, July I got an email from a lady in Amman office attaching a request for more information from Bupa Australia about the medical I had submitted. Does this mean I have a case officer now?
Also i hear Amman office is quite slow:(
Yes... if you've received RFI from Amman, that means your visa is being processed in Amman (which i believe is the case for most of applications done through UAE).
You got CO assigned pretty quickly! You should take that as a positive sign. For me I got the RFI email 5 months after i lodged my application.
Even i read Amman was pretty slow in terms of processing times, but I got my visa within 10 months. So it all depends on multiple factors, and no one can say for sure how quick or slow your visa will be processed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Visa granted 20mins ago!! I'll post the full timeline as soon as I finish screaming.
Wishing everyone still waiting the very best
Congratulations .. still you didn't finish screaming?
hahahahaa:D:D:D
really you guys give me hope about my application.
wish the best for all applicants.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's our timeline:

Date of Application: 7th May 2021 (front loaded all documents)
Auto request for biometrics: 7th June
RFI (medicals and re-upload of PCC): 18th June
Submitted requested documents: 29th June
Grant: 22nd July (309 only)
Visa processed in Pretoria, South Africa
No agents used

Relationship info:
Been together 11 years, married August 2019

Previous applications now withdrawn:
Visa 476: June 2019 (no response)
Visa 600: March 2021 (no response)

All the best to everyone waiting for good news. I hope you get it soon