Australia Forum banner
5641 - 5657 of 5657 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Subclass 100:

Application submitted 26/7/21

Grant received 16/9/21

No comms or request for further information between submission and grant. 309 was granted 5 months after application in 2019.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Subclass 100:

Application submitted 26/7/21

Grant received 16/9/21

No comms or request for further information between submission and grant. 309 was granted 5 months after application in 2019.

Congratulations!! Do you know your processing office? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello folks,

My wife got her subclass 309 granted today. Her timeline:

Application Submitted: 9th Jan 2020
1st RFI: 9th Dec 2020
2nd RFI: 14th Dec 2020
Request to do medicals again: 25th Jan 2021
Grant: 16th Sep 2021

Processing office: New Delhi

All the best to everyone waiting for their grants.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Times can vary for many reasons.

Examples of Subclass 300 and 309 processing times in Belgrade, Serbia.

Belgrade, April 2021: 25-26
121 visas finalised in the month. 506 applications in the pipeline at end of month.
  • 25% took under 11 months.
  • 25% took between 11 and 16 months.
  • 25% took between 16 and 25 months.
  • 15% took between 25 and 26 months.
  • 10% took over 26 months.
Belgrade, January 2021: 12-16
89 visas finalised in the month. 730 applications in the pipeline at end of month.
  • 25% took under 6 months.
  • 25% took between 6 and 10 months.
  • 25% took between 10 and 12 months.
  • 15% took between 12 and 16 months.
  • 10% took over 16 months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all,

Just realised the processing time for visa 309 has just changed from 18 months - 26 months to 21 months - 28 months!

Sure enough with the amount they charge for this type of visa applications, they can do better than that!!!!!

Found it ridiculous! We have been waiting since November 2019 and RFI since January 2021. We have not seen each other for almost 2 years end of the month and I am getting very depress as time drags on! Tourist visa has been rejected too!

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Hi all,

Just realised the processing time for visa 309 has just changed from 18 months - 26 months to 21 months - 28 months!

Sure enough with the amount they charge for this type of visa applications, they can do better than that!!!!!

Found it ridiculous! We have been waiting since November 2019 and RFI since January 2021. We have not seen each other for almost 2 years end of the month and I am getting very depress as time drags on! Tourist visa has been rejected too!
These times, for the August visa finalisations, are probably longer because of Covid.

But even then, most took under 21 months. Some a lot under, with some taking 2 or 3 months, included in the 21 month figure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
These times, for the August visa finalisations, are probably longer because of Covid.

But even then, most took under 21 months. Some a lot under, with some taking 2 or 3 months, included in the 21 month figure.
Hi JandE,

That was what broke me most I suppose. I see some applications having their visa granted within a month... whilst ours has been 22 months (coming 23 months)..... It put so much strain on our mental health wellbeing and relationship.

And getting the visa is only the first step.... we still have to get through huddle of booking ticket(s), quarantine etc....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi JandE,

That was what broke me most I suppose. I see some applications having their visa granted within a month... whilst ours has been 22 months (coming 23 months)..... It put so much strain on our mental health wellbeing and relationship.

And getting the visa is only the first step.... we still have to get through huddle of booking ticket(s), quarantine etc....
Hopefully they start with home quarantine soon, so that at least takes some load of your shoulders …

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
And really hoping we do not have to wait 28 months for it....
Have you reviewed your application to see if anything more might be required before they can finalise it?

In August, 10% took over 28 months, but hopefully that is just clearing out some of the really old ones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have you reviewed your application to see if anything more might be required before they can finalise it?

In August, 10% took over 28 months, but hopefully that is just clearing out some of the really old ones.
We applied through a migration agent. I keep going back to the migration agent every so often asking for updates and was told they cannot do anything unless the wait has passed the given processing timeframe as per immigration instruction.

I am pulling my hair out at the moment as there is nothing we can do.... and the migration agent is getting frustrated that I am asking so very often. She just did a print screen for me last week showing "Further Assessment"....

5641 - 5657 of 5657 Posts