Australia Forum banner

641 - 660 of 5161 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Guys I applied for my wife's partner Visa in May this year.
Medicals and Biometrics were done then...
No interview Call, nothing after that.
She is in Pakistan.

We are blessed with a baby boy now... 15days old..
What should I do now ?
How can I update them, I applied online..
What are possible documents required for newborn ?

Please help
Thanks
Congratulations! You can complete form 1436 to add your son to her application (https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1436.pdf). Your son will need a passport and likely a medical check as well, but DIBP will confirm this.

They will advise what is required and they probably may request for a paternity test to make sure the child is yours.
I can't say I've heard of DIBP asking for paternity tests to prove a child is the sponsor's as a) it doesn't matter as long as the child is the applicant's, and b) unless the applicant and the sponsor haven't physically been in the same location during the past 10 months then they aren't likely to be that suspicious.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi there! I've applied for PMV 300 on 30 Sept 16 and of course didn't hear anything yet, which I'm not expecting until next 4-5 months. I'm from Mauritius but apparently it will be processed through South Africa office given that Family Visa is not processed in Mauritius. Worst is that SA does the processing in 15 months (hopefully it's 'within' 15 months)
Hi there! Thanks for the response to my post. Mine is apprently getting processed through the office in Korea (I think Japanese and Korean applicants wil be processed there). I have been told the wait is 9 - 12 months for me. But who knows, those timeline never seems to be accurate!?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Doesn anyone else applied without a migrant agent?
Partner visa can be complicated especially if you are applying based on a De facto relationship. Mine has already been submitted and I want to know how the others prepared theirs and what point they were careful with?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi there! Thanks for the response to my post. Mine is apprently getting processed through the office in Korea (I think Japanese and Korean applicants wil be processed there). I have been told the wait is 9 - 12 months for me. But who knows, those timeline never seems to be accurate!?
Hey Daisy! South Korea is a low risk country, so all good ;-) Hopefully yours will be processed sooner rather than later then. Do keep us informed on your progress

·
Registered
309 Posts
Partner visa can be complicated especially if you are applying based on a De facto relationship. Mine has already been submitted and I want to know how the others prepared theirs and what point they were careful with?
I've also applied without agent but I've applied for PMV. You can run a search here and you will find a lot of threads on De Facto applications ;-)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations! You can complete form 1436 to add your son to her application (https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1436.pdf). Your son will need a passport and likely a medical check as well, but DIBP will confirm this.

I can't say I've heard of DIBP asking for paternity tests to prove a child is the sponsor's as a) it doesn't matter as long as the child is the applicant's, and b) unless the applicant and the sponsor haven't physically been in the same location during the past 10 months then they aren't likely to be that suspicious.
Hi Maggie,

I have had a few friends who had to do a paternity test so i assumed its for all cases but then again I guess depends on everyone's circumstances. I Just was confused if they applied in May this year and just had the baby why they didn't advise this in the application so they may be questioned. Wish them the best.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I applied withouth a migration agent but it was PMV. We are married.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've also applied without agent but I've applied for PMV. You can run a search here and you will find a lot of threads on De Facto applications ;-)
Thank you for that! I did run a search on here and have read some of their posts.. I had a read through the checklist several times to ensure nothing is lookedover, however since it is not professsionally done I still worry!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and kids (from Thailand) got their Partner visa grant today. The details:

10 Feb 2016 - submitted paper application at Bangkok VFS, included police certificates

15 Jun 2016 - request for health check ups

28 Jun 2016 - submitted health results

In October decided to apply for Visitor visa to come out over Nov/Dec while waiting.

18 Oct 2016 - submitted Visitor visa application online

10 Nov 2016 - Granted Visitor visa 600 (3 months, No Further Stay condition was NOT applied. We deliberately ticked 6 months on application giving an open ended return date, but immigration called my wife on the day of granting saying they were confused since indicated dates of travel would be 3 months 'did she make a mistake ticking 6 months?' My wife said it was mistake.)

Sent couple of emails to immigration informing them we applied for visitor visa and update on partner visa, but no reply.

15 Nov 2016 - Confirmed flights, arriving on 19 Nov. Sent another email to immigration saying will be in Australia on 19th.

16 Nov 2016 - Partner visa granted (both 309 and 100). My wife received call and email from Immigration explaining to use 100 visa - the visitor visa can be ignored. Also said they could not refund Visitor visa (we didn't ask for it, nor do we care at this stage). Latest date of entry is 3 Jan (when I got my AFP police check done).

19 Nov 2016 - Our family starts life together in Australia!

Thanks for advice and info on this forum, and good luck to everyone waiting.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thank you for that! I did run a search on here and have read some of their posts.. I had a read through the checklist several times to ensure nothing is lookedover, however since it is not professsionally done I still worry!!!!
Me and you did the exact same thing and having exact feeling! Btw, for your medical, did you have to respond to a series of questions first before generating the referral letter?

·
Registered
309 Posts
My wife and kids (from Thailand) got their Partner visa grant today. The details:

10 Feb 2016 - submitted paper application at Bangkok VFS, included police certificates

In October decided to apply for Visitor visa to come out over Nov/Dec while waiting.

10 Nov 2016 - Granted Visitor visa 600 (3 months, No Further Stay condition was NOT applied. We deliberately ticked 6 months on application giving an open ended return date, but immigration called my wife on the day of granting saying they were confused since indicated dates of travel would be 3 months 'did she make a mistake ticking 6 months?' My wife said it was mistake.)

Sent couple of emails to immigration informing them we applied for visitor visa and update on partner visa, but no reply.

15 Nov 2016 - Confirmed flights, arriving on 19 Nov. Sent another email to immigration saying will be in Australia on 19th.

16 Nov 2016 - Partner visa granted (both 309 and 100). My wife received call and email from Immigration explaining to use 100 visa - the visitor visa can be ignored. Also said they could not refund Visitor visa (we didn't ask for it, nor do we care at this stage). Latest date of entry is 3 Jan (when I got my AFP police check done).

Congrats mate! Really happy for you and wish your family a happy blessed life... Worth the wait!! I also don't think I would have worried about the refund for the Visitor visa.lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Daisy! South Korea is a low risk country, so all good ;-) Hopefully yours will be processed sooner rather than later then. Do keep us informed on your progress
Hi there, thanks for the response!
9 - 12 months seem very very though and on the other hand people are getting granted their visas from 5 months to like 2 years time range!?

·
Registered
37 Posts

Congratulations. Worth the wait to see your family. All the very best.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi there, thanks for the response!
9 - 12 months seem very very though and on the other hand people are getting granted their visas from 5 months to like 2 years time range!?
Yes absolutely, very tough indeed when it goes over the 6 months wait and worst when it's over 12 months! My fiancee is coming on holidays here in Mauritius for a month this coming Dec 16/Jan 17 (it's her country of birth too), and so from Feb 17 onwards I would be really impatient!! Btw, for your medical, did you have to respond to a series of questions first before generating the referral letter?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes absolutely, very tough indeed when it goes over the 6 months wait and worst when it's over 12 months! My fiancee is coming on holidays here in Mauritius for a month this coming Dec 16/Jan 17 (it's her country of birth too), and so from Feb 17 onwards I would be really impatient!! Btw, for your medical, did you have to respond to a series of questions first before generating the referral letter?
Sorry it was my typo! It meant to say 9 - 12 months still seem very "rough" and in fact people have been granted in the range of 5 - 24 months!? It surely is tough and rough!.....

I did asnwer questions online before the medical referral letter was generated. It is now sitting in my application account under Medica. When I open it, it says " this person is required to go through the medical examination such and such..." and there is a button to export the referral letter. I have not done it yet. I am planning to complete both Medical and Poilice clearance in coming December (4.5 months since the applcation submittion), as I was told the initial entry to Australia after the grant of visa will be dependant on the validity of those two.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It has been three months only for me. 7 months and no word at all? It it a decision ready application??
We uploaded all documents including medicals and police checks. Don't know if they will need something else! I guess they would have asked for something by now! Who knows!!! Will be 8 months soon and nothing so far. I don't even know if I have a case officer!

641 - 660 of 5161 Posts