Australia Forum banner

661 - 680 of 5161 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
We uploaded all documents including medicals and police checks. Don't know if they will need something else! I guess they would have asked for something by now! Who knows!!! Will be 8 months soon and nothing so far. I don't even know if I have a case officer!
I heard as for Korean office it is normally 4 - 5 months till a CO is assigned and the application is put forward to the next step of assessing. Not sure about your office, maybe check it out if they can assist you with clarifying where your application is at!:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi all
Not sure if im posting in the correct place.
But I applied for my 309 visa 5 months ago and still no reply.
Ive finished all my medicals and biometrics.my husband and I are living apart.
Is there any other visa I can go with till my spousal visa comes.
Please help ...thanks

Reactions: Cris

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi all
Not sure if im posting in the correct place.
But I applied for my 309 visa 5 months ago and still no reply.
Ive finished all my medicals and biometrics.my husband and I are living apart.
Is there any other visa I can go with till my spousal visa comes.
Please help ...thanks
Yes! You can apply Visitor visa 600 for 3, 6 or 12 months. If the visa is granted you just need to let your co from partner visa knows that you will be in Aus so he/she can ask you to leave the country when your partner visa is ready to be granted!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Super fast visa grant!

I'm shocked, awed, pleasantly surprised and overjoyed!!!

I got my visa yesterday!

Date applied: 6 August 2016
Applied from: UAE (Abu Dhabi) via online account
Date medicals and police clearances were requested: 9 October 2016
Date all medicals and police clearances were submitted: 1 November 2016

I could have submitted my medical 2 weeks earlier! No thanks to an error made by the panel clinic in reading my x-ray result, where I was required to undergo additional tests which all turned out negative.

Visa grant: 17 November 2016

So if I take away the 2 week delay in my medicals, that means my visa was granted in a little under 3 months!!!

It was really unexpected, as I come from a high risk country (PH), and our case officer had not even called us for an interview!

Happy to answer any questions!

Reactions: Charlz

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats...that was fast...my agent told me 4 to 6 months so im just gonna wait a little more

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats...that was fast...my agent told me 4 to 6 months so im just gonna wait a little more
Thank you! I was expecting at least 6 months for me! Btw, I didn't use an agent, applied for it myself!

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is almost the same time that I applied for my visa

·
Registered
95 Posts
Really...I used an agent...when are you going to Australia

·
Registered
56 Posts
probably next year :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok as soon as I get mine I'm leaving..my husband and I are living apart for one month now and its so hard....

·
Registered
100 Posts

I got my visa yesterday!

I could have submitted my medical 2 weeks earlier! No thanks to an error made by the panel clinic in reading my x-ray result, where I was required to undergo additional tests which all turned out negative.

So if I take away the 2 week delay in my medicals, that means my visa was granted in a little under 3 months!!!

It was really unexpected, as I come from a high risk country (PH), and our case officer had not even called us for an interview!

Congraturations on your visa grant!!
Omg that was super quick one. Were you asked for any info before the decision was made beisdes medical and police clearance? Was it PMV?

·
Registered
309 Posts

I got my visa yesterday!

Congrats mate! Very happy for you. I really wished mine would be processed that quick too :p Btw, which visa did you apply? Dyu think it was processed at Philippines or Abu Dhabi?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Charlz! Is yours being processed at Pretoria office? I was told by Aus Embassy in Mauritius that here they don't process Partner Visa and I have to lodge in Pretoria, so I assume my online application is being processed there... Crossing fingers for you!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really...I used an agent...when are you going to Australia
Congrats mate! Very happy for you. I really wished mine would be processed that quick too :p Btw, which visa did you apply? Dyu think it was processed at Philippines or Abu Dhabi?
I'm a resident of Abu Dhabi, but the case officer who contacted me was based in Dubai.

I wish you a speedy visa grant, too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congraturations on your visa grant!!
Omg that was super quick one. Were you asked for any info before the decision was made beisdes medical and police clearance? Was it PMV?
I applied for partner visa 309/100. I didn't use an agent. I submitted my application online. The first and only time a CO contacted me was to ask for my medicals and PC. After I submitted the results, I didn't hear anything back from the CO until my visa was granted yesterday! :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi ...yes in pretoria...but an agent did it for me ...they make sure everything is done to the fullest and its a good application..and they gave me a time of 4 to 6 months.
Did you already apply online ..if so when did you apply.

Charlene

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi ...yes in pretoria...but an agent did it for me ...they make sure everything is done to the fullest and its a good application..and they gave me a time of 4 to 6 months.
Did you already apply online ..if so when did you apply.

Charlene
Howzit! Yes SA citizen's application is processed very fast (in earlier Pretoria website, it used to say within 3-6 months I think, whilst non Citizen in 15 months). If mine being processed in Pretoria, I hope it will be processed earlier than 15 months coz I have to add the 3 months notice to leave my job too! I wish all of us waiting for our visa to be processed get the grant sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ah, so I assume Partner Visa isn't processed in Abu Dhabi (similar to my situation here in Mauritius).

Thx mate!
The Australian Embassy is actually located here in Abu Dhabi, but visa applications are being processed in Dubai.

Reactions: Charlz

·
Registered
95 Posts
I heard from my agent that they work in date order..does not matter if you aplied online or with an agent...I just pray it all comes soon for us..when did you apply Selwyn..im hoping I get in in this month.

Reactions: Selwyn
661 - 680 of 5161 Posts