Australia Forum banner

721 - 740 of 5161 Posts

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
They certainly do, often not so positive.

We all 7 of us went to Vietnam for our wait, but did so in luxury at Emeralda Resort for most of the wait.

My wife and I meet in Vietnam, love the place.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All!!

I have another question for you please!
We are applying based on De facto, and the evidence around proving that fact is a little hard to collect enough!

Thing is I like a bit of shopping, and do online shopping every now and then. We always prefer Paypal payment option so we have our both names as the receiver name (and one address obviously that correspondences with the lease document).

Question is, would those Paypal transaction history sound evidence as cohabitation? Usually Paypal transaction shows the date, the shop/seller name, the purchaser name(s) and the shipping address and products bought and the sum.

We are trying to gether more evidence of cohabitation and cannot think of anything else besides what we already have ( usual stuff everyone prepares), and the office seems to want to have a bit more of those.

Thank you all!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey mate, so when the sponsor uploads the attachments to THEIR OWN immi account, you will also see the uploads on the applicant's account (below sponsors name on left hand side when you click attach documents).
Thanks so much for the above!! We will def try those (we don't have any more space under the applicant!)

Another question if you ever know - but Paypal history be any good de facto evidence when it includes names/address/purchase date/product/ .....

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got a request from the embassy in Ottawa today for

- medical exam
- German and Canadian police certificate
- Form 80
- NOIM (already submitted)

Time to submit documents: only 14 days! Some of my documents will take about 4 weeks.

I can't believe they already contacted me

Reactions: Charlz and Cris

·
Registered
309 Posts
Got a request from the embassy in Ottawa today for

- medical exam
- German and Canadian police certificate
- Form 80
- NOIM (already submitted)

Time to submit documents: only 14 days! Some of my documents will take about 4 weeks.

I can't believe they already contacted me
Woow, that's so quick! That really gives so much of comfort ;-)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks so much for the above!! We will def try those (we don't have any more space under the applicant!)

Another question if you ever know - but Paypal history be any good de facto evidence when it includes names/address/purchase date/product/ .....

Thanks!!!!!
Definitely include this. The more evidence the better. I don't think anything is too small!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Definitely include this. The more evidence the better. I don't think anything is too small!
Thank you for that you are absolutely right.
To be honest, we have been asked to provide additional evidenc,thus the question. They want more cohabitation evidence. We have submitted pretty much everything so we cant really think of anything else!?!?!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just wanted to share our experience.

Country of origin: Thailand
Application lodged: UAE
Applied: 28/6/16
Medical checks: 12/10/16
Granted: 18/10/16
Visa: 309

Couldn't believe how fast the application took. Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got mine in 3 months from UAE, too, but direct to 100. Looks like it's the UAE efficiency in action yet again. We are lucky!

Just wanted to share our experience.

Country of origin: Thailand
Application lodged: UAE
Applied: 28/6/16
Medical checks: 12/10/16
Granted: 18/10/16
Visa: 309

Couldn't believe how fast the application took. Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats..that was fast .
Does anyone know how I can track my visa..
Thats besides my agent ..and immiaccount always gives me an error when I add my application id..

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is what the immi site says:

A permanent Partner visa can be granted earlier if either:
  • your spouse or de facto partner dies, the relationship would have continued if they had not died, and you have developed close business, cultural or personal ties in Australia
  • the relationship breaks down and there is a child of the relationship for whom you share responsibility
  • the relationship breaks down due to family violence.

This is what the partner migration booklet says:

In most cases, permanent residence cannot be granted less than 2 years from when you lodge your application. You may, however, be granted a permanent visa without having to fulfil the usual two-year waiting period if:
  • at the time you apply, you have been in a partner relationship with your partner for 3 years or more, or 2 years or more if you and your partner have a dependent child of your relationship; or
  • your partner holds or held a permanent humanitarian visa and you were in the relationship before the visa was granted and this relationship was declared to the department at the time (applies to subclass 100 visas only).

I don't think we qualify based on the criteria listed above, so I'm totally confused why we were given 100 directly.

I met my husband 9 years ago. But since that time, we have always been physically apart, living in different countries. We would just travel together every year (except for 1 skipped year) and it would just be for 2 - 3 weeks per year. We became an official couple 6 years ago. We were engaged less than 2 years ago. We had our civil wedding last June 2016, and will have our church wedding in Dec 2016.

Wow that's awesome. Just wondering in what circumstances would allow you to skip the 309 visa and go straight to 100?

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
"We became an official couple 6 years ago."

This is why 100 was granted, it is far more than 3 years (de facto and/or married).

·
Registered
56 Posts
By "official couple", I meant being officially boyfriend/girlfriend. Does that really qualify for the "3 year partner relationship" stated in the rules? I was thinking it didn't qualify us, since we applied based on being married, and we have never ever lived together.

This has got me thinking - if a couple has been boyfriend/girlfriend for more than 3 years, but they are not married or they have not have been living together, then they can't even apply for 309, let alone be granted 100 directly.

This is why I am doubting that this was the reason we got 100 directly.

"We became an official couple 6 years ago."

This is why 100 was granted, it is far more than 3 years (de facto and/or married).

721 - 740 of 5161 Posts