Australia Forum banner

741 - 760 of 5161 Posts

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
It is not boyfriend/girlfriend - that by DIBP is considered dating.

It is at a point of being in a relationship to the exclusion of all others (married or not) - either when you claim that status or the Case Office believes that may be the "date".

·
Registered
56 Posts
well, true, it was the point in time that we committed to a relationship to the exclusion of all others (and I specifically stated this in my statement on the development of our relationship). whatever the reason is, we didn't expect it to be, since we were on long distance and only saw each other 2-3 weeks per year. maybe our evidence of contact while apart was quite strong and contributed to convincing the CO towards that. we're just super thankful!

It is not boyfriend/girlfriend - that by DIBP is considered dating.

It is at a point of being in a relationship to the exclusion of all others (married or not) - either when you claim that status or the Case Office believes that may be the "date".

·
Registered
56 Posts
We are having our church wedding in Phils close to Christmas this year! :) I'll move to Oz in winter next year when my lease here in Abu Dhabi ends (it's all been paid up, and rent here is crazy high!)

It certainly is a good outcome for you,

So is it an Australian Christmas?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been searching for topics around extra evidence needed for 100 visa but couldn't find much.

Can someone with experience please share? I know we've got a good 2 years before the department get in touch with us again, but I would like to be prepared so I don't have to worry about this later on?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
There are topics on the second stage but you will need the same type of evidence but since the grant of the 309. Examples are:
- joint bank accounts
- additional card holder of credit card
- joint bills
- joint travel
- joint social activities ie. Movies, sporting events, theatre etc
- joint insurances
- beneficiary of super
- spouse listed on tax return
- authorised contact with the ATO
- facebook relationship page

That is all I cam think of at the moment.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi guys!

I need your advise from your experience please

What were your evidence for your cohabitation (de facto)???

Or any other ideas you wished you would have tried?? We kinda ran out of ideas!!!!! Anything you didn't think of but heard from others or something..

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just read an article from SBS

How do I get a partner visa? | Relationships

The article states:
"Glenn Rayner, with My Migration Agent in Adelaide, recommends continuing to add evidence as the application sits in the queue with the department.

"Make sure that you constantly are updating your information. There's nothing to stop you after two or three months uploading additional information - Christmas photos, travel documents, that sort of thing," Rayner says."

Is anyone uploading new evidence or photos after the application was submitted? I have not been doing this. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
We updated regularly. We applied just before online came through and would email the case officer new evidence every few months (got the case officers permission to email first though)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just read an article from SBS

How do I get a partner visa? | Relationships

The article states:
"Glenn Rayner, with My Migration Agent in Adelaide, recommends continuing to add evidence as the application sits in the queue with the department.

"Make sure that you constantly are updating your information. There's nothing to stop you after two or three months uploading additional information - Christmas photos, travel documents, that sort of thing," Rayner says."

Is anyone uploading new evidence or photos after the application was submitted? I have not been doing this. :confused:
Our immigration agent told us to send her more evidence every 2.5-3 months

Reactions: AussieWayOfLife

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hoping the same after waiting over 15 months. :)
Good luck to you.
15 months is crazy. I'm glad now that my application goes through Ottawa and not Germany. I can't imagine waiting that long. Good luck to you

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello.
We had discussion with my fiance. And now im confused. We signed NOIM in July and the ceremony had to be in August. For the personal reasons we had changed the date.( May 2017) Now we're applying for Sc300 and the question on 40sp is: 'date of intended marriage ' SHOULD we write PREVIOUS date or FUTURE date?

It may sounds silly ...coz I think we should provide FUTURE date BUT because of him I want double check.

Thank you

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello.
We had discussion with my fiance. And now im confused. We signed NOIM in July and the ceremony had to be in August. For the personal reasons we had changed the date.( May 2017) Now we're applying for Sc300 and the question on 40sp is: 'date of intended marriage ' SHOULD we write PREVIOUS date or FUTURE date?

It may sounds silly ...coz I think we should provide FUTURE date BUT because of him I want double check.

Thank you
Write the future date and explain why you changed it

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband and I had lodged our offshore Partner Visa subclass 309 / 100 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 6 April 2016. We had received our acknowledgement email on the following day. The waiting begins. Best of luck to everyone out there who are still waiting. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hi islandgirl,

Your 309 visa granted?
I applied at 4 of Oct, documents requested from case officer on 24 of Oct , now waiting for their email . * fingers crossed*

741 - 760 of 5161 Posts