Australia Forum banner

761 - 780 of 5161 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone here who was required that their sponsor should get an AFP Police check? If so, how did you send it to the embassy? Applied offshore and VFS Manila. Thanks! Would appreciate some help pls

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey guys,

Would the email correspondence record be any form of cohabitation evidence you think? Emails show that the correspondence (like about renting, gas bill etc) were carried out to both emails.

Also about evidence of communication during separation, how much to present it too much/enough!? We have downloaded ALL the history which came up to like 50 pages (with narraw margin on word doc and very small size letter)

·
Registered
71 Posts
8 months and waiting! No communication at all from immigration not a single word apart from the lodgement letter!
Also applied for a tourist visa which was refused today!!!
I wish I had an update or CO to request more documents, just something. I dont even know if I have a CO. Probably do.

Anyone waiting that long???

·
Registered
100 Posts
8 months and waiting! No communication at all from immigration not a single word apart from the lodgement letter!
Also applied for a tourist visa which was refused today!!!
I wish I had an update or CO to request more documents, just something. I dont even know if I have a CO. Probably do.

Anyone waiting that long???
Hi Cris,

Sorry to hear your visitors visa was refused, do you mind me asking what the reason of refusal was?
I applied online and after three months I was contacted by the office asking for more evidence which is pretty full on to fulfil and we are still working on them. We were given 28 days to complete it.
I would call up or send them an email asking for any update.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry to hear that..so disappointing.
I wanted to apply for a tourist visa but was put off by my agent.
On what grounds was your visa cancelled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feel like we're also alone being in Nigeria. One of the highest risk countries. We've just passed 12 months this week and we're hoping and praying that it won't be more than 18 months. Our first child is due 19 months after lodgement. The Aussie half will be going back in 3 months regardless after staying in Nigeria the last 18 months. the embassy in South Africa used to say 12-15 months for Nigerians but the info is gone now and it just says the standard 12 month BS. Good Luck to everybody

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Cris,

Sorry to hear your visitors visa was refused, do you mind me asking what the reason of refusal was?
I applied online and after three months I was contacted by the office asking for more evidence which is pretty full on to fulfil and we are still working on them. We were given 28 days to complete it.
I would call up or send them an email asking for any update.
The case officer wrote: " thr applicant does mot need to be in Australia while his partner visa is under assessment. Iam not satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements for a genuine temporary stay as tourist ...."

·
Registered
309 Posts
The case officer wrote: " thr applicant does mot need to be in Australia while his partner visa is under assessment. Iam not satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements for a genuine temporary stay as tourist ...."
Really sorry to hear that Cris 😔 I hope you'll get your PV soon!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I feel like we're also alone being in Nigeria. One of the highest risk countries. We've just passed 12 months this week and we're hoping and praying that it won't be more than 18 months. Our first child is due 19 months after lodgement. The Aussie half will be going back in 3 months regardless after staying in Nigeria the last 18 months. the embassy in South Africa used to say 12-15 months for Nigerians but the info is gone now and it just says the standard 12 month BS. Good Luck to everybody
Hi there! Is your application being processed in Pretoria?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry to hear that Cris...just pray your visa comes soon

Reactions: Cris

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was asked for more documents on November 24 and provided all I could to my agent on November 30 plus tons of additional relationship proof, all nicely merged, compressed and ready to go. I haven't heard anything back from them.

The problem is that my police certificate application is somewhere lost in transit and hasn't even arrived in Germany yet (after 2 weeks). I have no idea if the proof I sent to the agent (a picture of my application before I sent it by mail) is enough to satisfy the CO that I applied for it. My deadline is in 2 days and I'm freaking out because they haven't answered any of my emails in almost a week.

On top of that I'll be out of country from December 24 for a month. I need everything done before that. I can't even tell you how annoyed I am today.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Really disappointing. ThoughI dont understand some people under same circumstace are granted short visitors visa I thought.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was asked for more documents on November 24 and provided all I could to my agent on November 30 plus tons of additional relationship proof, all nicely merged, compressed and ready to go. I haven't heard anything back from them.

The problem is that my police certificate application is somewhere lost in transit and hasn't even arrived in Germany yet (after 2 weeks). I have no idea if the proof I sent to the agent (a picture of my application before I sent it by mail) is enough to satisfy the CO that I applied for it. My deadline is in 2 days and I'm freaking out because they haven't answered any of my emails in almost a week.

On top of that I'll be out of country from December 24 for a month. I need everything done before that. I can't even tell you how annoyed I am today.
Hi there

Thanks for sharing your expeirnence.
I too ma going through the extra evidence requirement gethering period right now. What sort of extra evidece are you required and how much extra have you prepared?
I am guessing becuase the Police Clearace is a absolute nessasary piece of item to complete the asssment, hence the delay in response maybe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Certification of Documents

Hello.
If applying online via the Immi Portal, do documents need to be certified as true copies or just scan the original copy?
Perhaps certification is just for paper applications?
And if certification is required, does that apply to all documents submitted?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello.
If applying online via the Immi Portal, do documents need to be certified as true copies or just scan the original copy?
We submitted colour scans, however aus embassy in singapore requested both of our passports and birth certificates were certified. We lodged online.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello.
We got most of the copies especially ID docs certified copied just in case even though we were going to apply online just in case. We were in Australia and it was easy to get a JP to do that. After I went back home and we were separated to apply online, and several extra evidence documents poped up and we didn't have a convenience like a JP near me, so we asked the office and as long as it is a colour clear scan copy it is ok. But they didn't confirm that applies to all the documents.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi does anyone know the issue, or has heard of the issue?

Today I went online on ImmiAccount to uploaded a whole bunch of documents.
My ImmiAccount is almost full, 59 out of 60, status being "INFORMATION REQUIRED. So we tried the Sponsor's ImmiAccount which currently has 9 documents uploaded, status being "APPROVED"

The reason of adding more docs is obviously as we have been asked for additional evidence. So we collected and collated a whole bunch of them, now ready to go.

When I went to my partner's ImmiAccount, under Attach Documents, there is absolutely nothing to click to add any more. Usually you have the square button on the very bottom to add documents, and it is gone. Nothing on the right hand side on the box either.

So currently I have all ready to go additional evidence in response to their request and unable to submit. It is in total so big in size, and they specifically told us not to send them by email as it causes a significant delay in processing.

Has anyone seen the same, what is the cause and what do I do? Please help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So really just ID docs need to be certified. Bank statements, boarding passes for holidays, utilities accounts etc., these can just be submitted as they are, provided they are in English?

761 - 780 of 5161 Posts