Australia Forum banner

781 - 800 of 5161 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi does anyone know the issue, or has heard of the issue?

Today I went online on ImmiAccount to uploaded a whole bunch of documents.
My ImmiAccount is almost full, 59 out of 60, status being "INFORMATION REQUIRED. So we tried the Sponsor's ImmiAccount which currently has 9 documents uploaded, status being "APPROVED"

The reason of adding more docs is obviously as we have been asked for additional evidence. So we collected and collated a whole bunch of them, now ready to go.

When I went to my partner's ImmiAccount, under Attach Documents, there is absolutely nothing to click to add any more. Usually you have the square button on the very bottom to add documents, and it is gone. Nothing on the right hand side on the box either.

So currently I have all ready to go additional evidence in response to their request and unable to submit. It is in total so big in size, and they specifically told us not to send them by email as it causes a significant delay in processing.

Has anyone seen the same, what is the cause and what do I do? Please help!
I see you sponsor status is Approved. When did you apply for you visa?
Getting very impatient! 8 months for me now and not an update so far.
Not sure about this issue. Maybe best to send the CO an email informing your problem!
Good luck. Not long to go now!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I see you sponsor status is Approved. When did you apply for you visa?
Getting very impatient! 8 months for me now and not an update so far.
Not sure about this issue. Maybe best to send the CO an email informing your problem!
Good luck. Not long to go now!
8 months with absolutely no word or update on online is really long. I would definitely email the office, if not a CO. They have their generic email address right? I would put your TRF number and title on the email subject and ask them.

And we applied at the end of August.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello group, I am new to this forum. I am about half way through filling out the application for 309/100. What are the average waiting times looking like? I am applying from the US and my husband is Australian. We also have a child that is an Australian citizen. We are quite excited to get things going.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello group, I am new to this forum. I am about half way through filling out the application for 309/100. What are the average waiting times looking like? I am applying from the US and my husband is Australian. We also have a child that is an Australian citizen. We are quite excited to get things going.
I can't tell you for sure because the grants are coming anywhere from 7 to 12 months. Iam still waiting 8 months and no updates at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi there

Thanks for sharing your expeirnence.
I too ma going through the extra evidence requirement gethering period right now. What sort of extra evidece are you required and how much extra have you prepared?
I am guessing becuase the Police Clearace is a absolute nessasary piece of item to complete the asssment, hence the delay in response maybe?
I finally got my German police certificate and the receipt for the Canadian one. I can sleep better now ;-)

I provided more pictures for the last 2 months, invitations to events and get-togethers with friends (mostly Facebook invitations), joint bank statements (I marked our incomes and what we spend the money on for example his gym and my car insurance on the same credit card), joint tenant insurance, joint phone bills, mail to the same address, conversations between me and his mom (random screenshots), conversations between him and his mom/friends about us and the wedding (random screenshots), Facebook history, more proof for our planned wedding (venue booking, wedding invitations, guest list, pictures of my wedding dress etc), joint trips/plane tickets from the past 2 months and the future. I collected evidence every week in folders on my laptop and merged them together before sending them to my agent. Collecting it on a regular basis made it easier than all at once

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would roughly say 12 months. It could be longer but it could also be way faster. I think you're pretty safe with 12 months

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks guys it is good to hear some general wait time estimates, I know that there isn't a solid answer.

Is a medical necessary? On official information I just keep seeing to wait to book a medical until they tell you that you need one. But we all have to get one, don't we?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks guys it is good to hear some general wait time estimates, I know that there isn't a solid answer.

Is a medical necessary? On official information I just keep seeing to wait to book a medical until they tell you that you need one. But we all have to get one, don't we?
Yes, a medical is necessary. You can either do it in advance or wait until the embassy will request it because it's only valid for 12 months

Reactions: mx2mnm

·
Registered
26 Posts
Applied from USA

Hi, I am new to this forum and just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences as they have been very helpful to us. We have been married 10 plus years and have two children whom we also applied for Australian citizenship by descent for.
Application for 309/100 arrived in washington D.C. As of November 21 according to UPS. We applied with a paper application as our computer bit the dust and we did not want to invest in a new one since we are moving. Is it normal with paper applications for the embassy in America to take a while to charge your card? Our card has not been charged and we have not received any email from embassy that the application was received. Just wondering if I should call. Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I'm just looking over the first pages of the application again and it asks if I have a National Identity Card, then when you click the ? it just says something about how Chinese citizens MUST put theirs down. The US has various nationally identifying documents....do they want any and all (social security, birth cert) or just some official (Chinese?) one? On the next page there is a question that says do you have any other national identifying documents and then it wants social and stuff. So I guess these are separate items and that there isn't a singular national identity card of the USA so the first question I would just say no...
I guess I answered my own question.
This stuff can be pretty confusing =|

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum and just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences as they have been very helpful to us. We have been married 10 plus years and have two children whom we also applied for Australian citizenship by descent for.
Application for 309/100 arrived in washington D.C. As of November 21 according to UPS. We applied with a paper application as our computer bit the dust and we did not want to invest in a new one since we are moving. Is it normal with paper applications for the embassy in America to take a while to charge your card? Our card has not been charged and we have not received any email from embassy that the application was received. Just wondering if I should call. Thank you
My experience with visa applications so far is that they are terrible of informing you of anything...my husband did a paper application to come live in the US and he heard nothing from them except to say approved/not approved even though he filled out a form providing his email address. It is unfortunate your computer died, the way of paper is even slower and more frustrating. My guess is that you application arrived and it is just taking a billion years to get processed....if there is a number you can call I would try that just to see if there was anything to find out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So I'm just looking over the first pages of the application again and it asks if I have a National Identity Card, then when you click the ? it just says something about how Chinese citizens MUST put theirs down. The US has various nationally identifying documents....do they want any and all (social security, birth cert) or just some official (Chinese?) one? On the next page there is a question that says do you have any other national identifying documents and then it wants social and stuff. So I guess these are separate items and that there isn't a singular national identity card of the USA so the first question I would just say no...
I guess I answered my own question.
This stuff can be pretty confusing =|
I put down my German passport, German social insurance number, Canadian drivers licence and German birth certificate number

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put down my German passport, German social insurance number, Canadian drivers licence and German birth certificate number
Yes I did that further on when it asked for documents, for just where it says National Identity Card I said no....since it seemed to be a separate question all together. They have added questions since I last looked over this application! There are questions on page 5 now about previously having entered Australia. It wants to know what the grant number is for the visa I last traveled on...I went to Australia on a work and holiday visa and I do not even know if they have grant numbers! Lol time for some googling.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes I did that further on when it asked for documents, for just where it says National Identity Card I said no....since it seemed to be a separate question all together. They have added questions since I last looked over this application! There are questions on page 5 now about previously having entered Australia. It wants to know what the grant number is for the visa I last traveled on...I went to Australia on a work and holiday visa and I do not even know if they have grant numbers! Lol time for some googling.
I had a working holiday visa in 2011 but actually never went because I moved to Canada instead lol I didn't have the grant number either

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a working holiday visa in 2011 but actually never went because I moved to Canada instead lol I didn't have the grant number either
Good to know!! I cannot figure out whether they are given grant numbers via google. All I found was that it can be left blank if you don't know it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know if there are multiple offices around the USA to do the medical and interview? Or do I have to go to DC? I'm in Oregon at the moment so it would suck to have to fly to DC for those things.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My experience with visa applications so far is that they are terrible of informing you of anything...my husband did a paper application to come live in the US and he heard nothing from them except to say approved/not approved even though he filled out a form providing his email address. It is unfortunate your computer died, the way of paper is even slower and more frustrating. My guess is that you application arrived and it is just taking a billion years to get processed....if there is a number you can call I would try that just to see if there was anything to find out.
Thank you. We debated using the iPad to apply, but didn't want to risk documents uploading incorrectly. We went through a paper application with my husband's US fiancé visa and remember the frustration. We even had to cancel our wedding venue because we could not guarantee the visa processing in time. My children's citizenship by descent application, funds were charged at 2 and a half weeks after application arrived,but that is a much shorter processing time than the 309/100. Fingers crossed that application will go through quickly as we hope to be in Australia October 2017.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello.
If applying online via the Immi Portal, do documents need to be certified as true copies or just scan the original copy?
Perhaps certification is just for paper applications?
And if certification is required, does that apply to all documents submitted?
The embassy in USA stated when called that color copies, not certified, are fine even for paper applications. I think every country has different requirements though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Are immigration officers and case officers the same? Because I was just contacted by an immigration officer to provide evidence that we will get married within the next 9 months. Our wedding plans are for November 2017 but I immediately asked our celebrant to provide a letter that we can have the legal wedding within the next 9 months (and renewal of vows in November 2017)

781 - 800 of 5161 Posts