Australia Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 5122 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey folks, first time poster here.

Thank all of you for the great forum!
It is very informative and I've learnt a lot about my application from it.

My mother (Primary) and my stepfather (Sponsor) has applied for a 309 visa, and I am a dependent application, since my mother was on a 580 visa when she applied, we've been asked to leave Australia for at least 5 business days so the people at Immi can make the "final decision".

My question being, it has been 5 business days since we left Australia and the visa decision still haven't been made. We applied for offshore 309 back in March 2017 through an agent. The reason that we are worried is because I am currently in Year 12 and I don't want to miss these many class as it would be devastating towards the VCE score. Has anybody else experienced this? If so how did you speed up your decision?

Thank you for your reply.
Cheers.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hey folks, first time poster here.

Thank all of you for the great forum!
It is very informative and I've learnt a lot about my application from it.

My mother (Primary) and my stepfather (Sponsor) has applied for a 309 visa, and I am a dependent application, since my mother was on a 580 visa when she applied, we've been asked to leave Australia for at least 5 business days so the people at Immi can make the "final decision".

My question being, it has been 5 business days since we left Australia and the visa decision still haven't been made. We applied for offshore 309 back in March 2017 through an agent. The reason that we are worried is because I am currently in Year 12 and I don't want to miss these many class as it would be devastating towards the VCE score. Has anybody else experienced this? If so how did you speed up your decision?

Thank you for your reply.
Cheers.
Did your mother send a travel itinerary specifying the dates you two would be out of the country for finalization?

You are best off contacting immigration directly and explaining the situation. It could be that the visa was finalized but you didn't receive the emails (best to check immi account if you applied online and see if a grant notice is in there and the app says "finalised"), or someone at immigration just needs to open the app and do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just starting into our 18th month of waiting for my wifes partner visa from Thailand to Australia. Am now being pressured with legal action from her family over her so called pregnancy. I have informed immigration that as her sponsor, I cannot provide her with any accommodation if she is granted the visa. I am not sure if I should inform them about the pregnancy or not, as I am not 100% convinced that she is pregnant.
If she is pregnant, then I would say she is probably between 4 or 5 months. Without any way for her to earn an income, I am scared for my child. I cannot provide any financial assistance at the moment and my wife is begging for food which is a shame.
I wish I knew what to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did your mother send a travel itinerary specifying the dates you two would be out of the country for finalization?

You are best off contacting immigration directly and explaining the situation. It could be that the visa was finalized but you didn't receive the emails (best to check immi account if you applied online and see if a grant notice is in there and the app says "finalised"), or someone at immigration just needs to open the app and do it.
Hello Skybluebrewer,
Firstly thanks a lot for your reply

We did upload the flight details as there are posts on the forum that said uploading the details would speed up the decision.

We haven't recieved any sort of emails regarding to the situation from the Immi also, we have decided to click on that "Finalise our application" button if we still haven't heard from them next monday, our flight back is Wednesday the 25th of Apr 2018.

Thank you again for your reply again. Much appreciated.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Sterna,

My partner and I applied on 9th September 2017 from Auckland. He is Brazilian but located here so initially we weren't sure whether it would be processed in Brazil or here in NZ. Recently we got confirmation from the embassy in Auckland that it is indeed being processed here (no other info though).
We received requirement for biometrics and medical the day of application too. It must be standard for applications going to that embassy, I am guessing.
What date did you apply? There is another thread - applying for PMV 300 from NZ, if you are interested.
Cheers & good luck.
Gab
Hi Gab. Thanks for that. How did you find out where the visa was being processed? I have posted some more detail in the other forum as well!
Thanks

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hello Skybluebrewer,
Firstly thanks a lot for your reply

We did upload the flight details as there are posts on the forum that said uploading the details would speed up the decision.

We haven't recieved any sort of emails regarding to the situation from the Immi also, we have decided to click on that "Finalise our application" button if we still haven't heard from them next monday, our flight back is Wednesday the 25th of Apr 2018.

Thank you again for your reply again. Much appreciated.:)
Interesting. When they asked me to leave for finalization, it was the CO who told me to send the itinerary.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Sterna,
We emailed [email protected] to see if they could confirm it was being processed here in NZ - I was going crazy checking it during the day and not knowing if it is even being processed in this time zone.
I didn't expect a reply but 8 days later we got one saying "your application was batched for processing in Auckland and we will be in touch when processing commences". That's all...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi all just lodged my application today

Mexican citizen currently living and working in China
Submitted the application online and just got done uploading all the evidence pretty much just waiting to hear on health/police checks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all just lodged my application today

Mexican citizen currently living and working in China
Submitted the application online and just got done uploading all the evidence pretty much just waiting to hear on health/police checks
its nice to see people who applied in china same here my application processing in china too, logged in January

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hope you get some news soon! have you been asked about police/health check yet?
I was so nervous i uploaded some documents in the wrong categories and had to reupload in the correct ones so my file count is now 42/60 i hope 18 files is enough for whatever else they may ask + health and police background checks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hope you get some news soon! have you been asked about police/health check yet?
I was so nervous i uploaded some documents in the wrong categories and had to reupload in the correct ones so my file count is now 42/60 i hope 18 files is enough for whatever else they may ask + health and police background checks
In January I have done my Medicle ( they requested in jan) police clearance have submitted srilanka china (covering period was"t the same I had to do some extra papers for it ) and I was in Dubai , Uae one still on process , I heard china takes time for Australian visas , which part of china are you in ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm in Shenzhen

My last two tourist visas have been within less than a week even though estimated time was at 1 month so i felt a bit confident that hopefully the partner visa wouldnt take as long but gathering the evidence has been hard because a) china doesnt do joint bank accounts b) i need to do a bunch of translations c) i use my phone to pay for everyting so i dont have a lot to show in bank statements but i provided phone screenshots and d) we have no bills under our name as the landlord kept everything under his and we just added up the bills total into the monthly rent

We did write different statements explaining everything and why we couldn't provide evidence of this or that, just hoping its enough

How many attachments was your medican check? just 1? im nervous about running out of attachment space

·
Registered
155 Posts
In January I have done my Medicle ( they requested in jan) police clearance have submitted srilanka china (covering period was"t the same I had to do some extra papers for it ) and I was in Dubai , Uae one still on process , I heard china takes time for Australian visas , which part of china are you in ?
Sorry forgot to quote

·
Registered
19 Posts
I need to share my story I logged my 309/100 partner visa from India

15 Oct 2016 logged my offshore partner visa.

April 2017 asked for PPC,AFP, MEDICAL ,FORM 80 ND 1221 some more documents submitted

Sep 2017 home visit by dibp nd took interview to my parents nd myself.

Dec 2017 CO send invitation on comments about social recognition nd mutual commitments.

Submitted submission by my lawyer in dec 2017 after 2months send email to CO asked about update my case.CO replied they work on my case because case is complex thts why take time to make decision.

Now 5months done to submit my submission nd 18months done to applied my application. I have 3year old my son which is aus citizen nd havnt seen him last 18months to much frustration.

My wife is aussie she havnt visit to India yet because of her job.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm in Shenzhen

My last two tourist visas have been within less than a week even though estimated time was at 1 month so i felt a bit confident that hopefully the partner visa wouldnt take as long but gathering the evidence has been hard because a) china doesnt do joint bank accounts b) i need to do a bunch of translations c) i use my phone to pay for everyting so i dont have a lot to show in bank statements but i provided phone screenshots and d) we have no bills under our name as the landlord kept everything under his and we just added up the bills total into the monthly rent

We did write different statements explaining everything and why we couldn't provide evidence of this or that, just hoping its enough

How many attachments was your medican check? just 1? im nervous about running out of attachment space
Your processing office in Guangzhou or shenzhen ? mine Guangzhou, even we didn't had bills under the same name we had only a joint a/c in Australia, My name on my husband's accommodation agreement ( his company provides his accommodation )
Medical you need to go to one of the medical center's they accept (DIBP) the medical center will send the document to the Australian immigration,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi can anyone share their experience/ enlighten me regarding unlawful cases i.e. if you have overstayed on your visa. My husband was an overstayer and now we are applying him a partner visa from offshore. Would it take longer for cases like this or wait time would be average? TIA.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey everyone!
Just thought to share this news with you.
My work colleague (Sri Lankan on Partner Visa subclass 309) became eligible for permanent residency (subclass 100) since 26 November 2017. They collated all their documents and posted them (including AFP National Police Check, 2 Forms 888 and other required evidence) on 28 February 2018. Subsequently, they received the grant notification on 6 April 2018. Turnaround of approximately 4 and a half months from eligibility date to grant date. Awesome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's long over due
You mentioned they said " your case is complex "
May I ask the reason for complexity of your case
I need to share my story I logged my 309/100 partner visa from India

15 Oct 2016 logged my offshore partner visa.

April 2017 asked for PPC,AFP, MEDICAL ,FORM 80 ND 1221 some more documents submitted

Sep 2017 home visit by dibp nd took interview to my parents nd myself.

Dec 2017 CO send invitation on comments about social recognition nd mutual commitments.

Submitted submission by my lawyer in dec 2017 after 2months send email to CO asked about update my case.CO replied they work on my case because case is complex thts why take time to make decision.

Now 5months done to submit my submission nd 18months done to applied my application. I have 3year old my son which is aus citizen nd havnt seen him last 18months to much frustration.

My wife is aussie she havnt visit to India yet because of her job.

1341 - 1360 of 5122 Posts