Australia Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 5161 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
We applied in Germany on 31 July 2018 front loaded. We also heard good things about Berlin but unfortunately no news yet.
From what I gather a few months wait is to be expected. From what I read lots of people have to wait a lot longer than that. I know it's difficult, but I think patience is necessary in for everyone in this process. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I gather a few months wait is to be expected. From what I read lots of people have to wait a lot longer than that. I know it's difficult, but I think patience is necessary in for everyone in this process. Good luck!
Absolutely! Didn't mean to sound like I was complaining just sharing my experience so far with Berlin. I know 4 months isn't very long and I expect to wait much longer. Good luck to you too :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Request for more information (s56)

Hi all,

Sorry for the long post but I can't start a thread yet and this seemed like the most appropriate place to ask this.

My wife and I applied for a partner visa 309 around 2 months ago and today I received an email requesting for more information and the status changed to initial assessment. but I don't understand what information is the CO is looking for. The checklist attachment is not clear at all and basically is listing every possible document for this visa.

here is the part of the attachment with the list of documents:
See the attached "Request Detail", which provides a detailed explanation relating to the
checklist item(s) listed below.
Ensure your application is complete - incomplete applications may be refused
In addition to the items listed in the attached "Request Detail", you should ensure that
your application is complete and up-to-date. The Partner Migration Booklet provides a detailed list of evidence you
should provide with your application. You should review this booklet and your application and
urgently attach any outstanding documents to your application via ImmiAccount.
If you cannot provide all the necessary documents, you should attached a statement clearly
outing what documents are missing and when you expect to be able to provide them.
If you have not provided all the necessary documents, the Department may make a decision
based on the information you have provided. It is therefore in your interests to support your
visa application with as much information as possible.
In particular, if you have not already done so, you should check that you have provided
police clearances for both the applicant and the sponsor.

Applicant police clearances (if not already provided)
Sponsor police clearance (if not already provided)

Our office frequently finds that applicants have not provided evidence to demonstrate that
their relationship is genuine and continuing. Below is a summary of the types of evidence you
may provide, if you have not already done so:
Supporting evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing
Two of Form 888 - Statutory declaration by a supporting witness in relation to a Partner or a
Prospective Marriage visa application (84KB PDF).
Other evidence may include but is not limited to the following. You should include as many of
the following documents as possible:
A statement about your relationship
Documents that show you and your partner share financial responsibilities
Documents that show that you and your partner share household responsibilities
Documents that show your relationship is known by others and socially recognised
Documents to show you are committed to each other to and a long term relationship
Documents about other relationships
Documents to prove your identity

The information provided below explains the requirements relating to the checklist item(s)
listed above.
Request Detail
(this part was empty)
I should note that we have uploaded many documents for different categories (marriage cert, birth cert, relationship statements, 5 888 forms, photos, will, super, joint bank account, text messages,... also front loaded medical and police checks, but not a lot of documents for the financial and household since we just got married 3 months ago but we have been together for more than 5 years.

Has anyone received a request with this many items in the list like this? I noticed all of the items say if not already provided, Is this like a generic checklist to let us know If I have anything else now is the time to send as they have begun assessing the application? Or is there something seriously wrong with our application?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Offshore Partner Visa 309

Hello guys i already apply for my patner visa 309 my wife moved to Australia in 2017 we got engaged in may 2017 we got marry in 2018 feb i apply for my patner visa in july we both know each other from 3 years she is from philiphines recently i apply for my subclass 600 tourist visa to meet my wife as new year was coming so i got refusal saying that ur salary is not to high and we think u will not stay temporary in australia we shown all proof and my wife statement also everything so will it be effect my patner visa please help me i m confuse what to do next

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello guys i already apply for my patner visa 309 my wife moved to Australia in 2017 we got engaged in may 2017 we got marry in 2018 feb i apply for my patner visa in july we both know each other from 3 years she is from philiphines recently i apply for my subclass 600 tourist visa to meet my wife as new year was coming so i got refusal saying that ur salary is not to high and we think u will not stay temporary in australia we shown all proof and my wife statement also everything so will it be effect my patner visa please help me i m confuse what to do next
It will not affect your partner visa don't worry. If you want to get a tourist visa, you have to convince the officer that you will not overstay and return back to the Philippines. It would seem the officer is currently not convinced of that given your financial status.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It seems the Department doesn't think your application is complete, I suggest you quickly attach documents for everything you have not provided for already. Your message from the Dept that you copied, explains that the attachment "Request Detail" is what you should base your additional submissions on.

My partner submitted his application on 1st July 2018, we attached about 80 files all together. We have not received any communications from the Department yet so my assumption is they are assessing it and consider it a complete application (otherwise we would have heard from them as you have).

Hi all,

Sorry for the long post but I can't start a thread yet and this seemed like the most appropriate place to ask this.

My wife and I applied for a partner visa 309 around 2 months ago and today I received an email requesting for more information and the status changed to initial assessment. but I don't understand what information is the CO is looking for. The checklist attachment is not clear at all and basically is listing every possible document for this visa.

here is the part of the attachment with the list of documents:

I should note that we have uploaded many documents for different categories (marriage cert, birth cert, relationship statements, 5 888 forms, photos, will, super, joint bank account, text messages,... also front loaded medical and police checks, but not a lot of documents for the financial and household since we just got married 3 months ago but we have been together for more than 5 years.

Has anyone received a request with this many items in the list like this? I noticed all of the items say if not already provided, Is this like a generic checklist to let us know If I have anything else now is the time to send as they have begun assessing the application? Or is there something seriously wrong with our application?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
My partner submitted his application on 1st July 2018, we attached about 80 files all together. We have not received any communications from the Department yet so my assumption is they are assessing it and consider it a complete application (otherwise we would have heard from them as you have).
Or they haven't gotten to it yet and you're still in queue...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Skybluebrewer I'm about the same time frame as your partner, I applied June 4th 2018, I'm front loading my police check next week. I was asked to do the medical but have had no contact since then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It seems the Department doesn't think your application is complete, I suggest you quickly attach documents for everything you have not provided for already. Your message from the Dept that you copied, explains that the attachment "Request Detail" is what you should base your additional submissions on.
As I mentioned, The "Request detail" section of the pdf was empty.
And i have already uploaded all of the documents listed in the checklist.

Since all of the items in the list say "if not already provided" I'm hoping this is a generic checkilist that they send to make sure you have all of them before they even look at the application.

I have sent an email to them explaining the documents I have already attached and I also uploaded one more financial document and hit the "I confirm..." button and the application status changed to further assessment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My partner applied on 17 July, 2018. Medical was submitted on 02 August.
Qatar police clearance was submitted on 17 July.
Sri Lankan police clearance was submitted on 17 September.
All of the mandatory docs has been submitted.
No news to date. Not sure if CO has been assigned yet.
Is anyone in this situation?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all its been exact 1 year since we applied for partner visa offshore, On 5th Dec 2018 our agent got an email from DOHA mention,

We are writing to inform you that your application for a Partner (Provisional) visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks.

Application on 5th dec 2017 from delhi
Medical and pcc for both requestsed in feb and submitted in month of march 2018 since then nothing came up until got an email on 5th dec 2018. How long its takes more time to granted ? Any body has a same situations ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just received a big gift from Santa Claus in Immigration. My 100 visa is granted. I would like to thank everyone in this forum. Have been getting lots of helpful information and from time to time encouragement along the long waiting period. Hope to share my luck with those are still waiting. Giving a little more patience, your grant letter will come. Wish you all a very happy holiday and blessed 2019.

My timelines:

12May2015 Application for 309/100 submitted (paper application)

03Feb2016 Visa 309 was granted

24Aug2017 Application for 100 submitted online

10Dec2018 100 granted

In between, there was no communications or phone calls or interview except I was asked for medical check up for 309, and recently was asked for Police clearance.

Cheers,

Annisha

·
Registered
19 Posts
My pcc and medical requested in feb and done in the month of march 2018 so how long pcc is last for ? Immi requested and if they don’t approved in time will they ask again for both ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
hello everyone,
I've been following this forum since long and first time posting. I've applied 309 on 13 July 2018 submitted to the New delhi one, front loaded everything but no news yet. But the status used to be as 'Initial Assessment' for about first 3 months then changed to 'Further assesment'. Not sure if that means anything. waiting to reunite with the partner is not easy thing but we gotta do it. good luck to you! all!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
My pcc and medical requested in feb and done in the month of march 2018 so how long pcc is last for ? Immi requested and if they don't approved in time will they ask again for both ?
Typically from what others have posted, police checks (and I assume medicals) are valid for one year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Still waiting, wondering what processing is done in December. Assume slow down, Visa being processed off shore in Thailand. Anyone know if they process of Christmas period or they are constrained by Australian Holiday periods?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just to inform you that I got my Visa 100 granted on monday (processed by Berlin embassy)

This is my timeline :
- Applied from France on 24th of january 2018
- Uploaded Police checks and medical assessment by the end of May 2018 (I decided to do them in advance, nothing was asked)
- CO asked for more information on 8th of december 2018
- Visa 309 and 100 granted on 10th of december 2018

So yes, Visas are still processed in december ;-)

Best of luck to all of you !

Greg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations gregos on the great news! I would be very interested to know what kind of extra information they requested. Would you be willing to share that with us?

Hi everyone,

Just to inform you that I got my Visa 100 granted on monday (processed by Berlin embassy)

This is my timeline :
- Applied from France on 24th of january 2018
- Uploaded Police checks and medical assessment by the end of May 2018 (I decided to do them in advance, nothing was asked)
- CO asked for more information on 8th of december 2018
- Visa 309 and 100 granted on 10th of december 2018

So yes, Visas are still processed in december ;-)

Best of luck to all of you !

Greg

1841 - 1860 of 5161 Posts