Australia Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 5333 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good to know. My husband's sponworship still reads submitted mine reads further assessment. What does that mean? anyone?
I've applied online through the ImmiAccount. Where does it state if the Sponsorship has been submitted? I submitted a Form 40SP as one of the uploaded supporting documents. Was I supposed to do this differently? If so, how ... I don't see where I am supposed to submit a Sponsorship Application from my wife.

Thanks for the help
Paul

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, it seems quite slow this year for Guangzhou office. Only heard handful of people granted so far.
Chinese new year is coming up which could mean one of two...
1) they will try to do as many as they can before the holidays
2) everything slows down before the holidays so no grants until after chinese new year :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Chinese New Year is long , it might takes time , I am so tired of waiting been 12 months now , I noticed China is slower than other countries , many people get their grants with in 7-9 months China takes more than a year ,🙃

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good to know. My husband's sponworship still reads submitted mine reads further assessment. What does that mean? anyone?
I've applied online through the ImmiAccount. Where does it state if the Sponsorship has been submitted? I submitted a Form 40SP as one of the uploaded supporting documents. Was I supposed to do this differently? If so, how ... I don't see where I am supposed to submit a Sponsorship Application from my wife.

Thanks for the help
Paul
I also applied online on Immi, and my sponsor, Australian husband, also applied using the same account so we have both apps in the same spot and I can see his is written submitted while mine reads further assessment.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Chinese New Year is long , it might takes time , I am so tired of waiting been 12 months now , I noticed China is slower than other countries , many people get their grants with in 7-9 months China takes more than a year ,🙃
Funny even with 3 processing centers within China it still takes so long. They probably get the highest number of applicants though than any other country

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I applied application in mid of Nov 2017. I heard that some of you need to submit Form 40SP. Where do I download the from? or am I only required to fill the sponsor part in immi e-form? Because I haven't seen any From 40SP requirement in the Australia immi webpage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, I applied application in mid of Nov 2017. I heard that some of you need to submit Form 40SP. Where do I download the from? or am I only required to fill the sponsor part in immi e-form? Because I haven't seen any From 40SP requirement in the Australia immi webpage.
The online 40sp is the preferred method and every sponsor needs to submit a 40sp. (new application/family/40sp) When we did ours there was still an upload heading "40sp" in the sponsor's upload section and we did the paper version and uploaded it there in July 2018. A call to the department assured us that this was OK.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
That's because it's an online version now. If you did the separate sponsor application in immi, then that's all you needed to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the information on this forum.... i appreciate it very much.

My wife and i applied for a 309 from france on 7th feb 2018, medicals and pid done at end feb, updated bank statements call logs and additional information sent voluntarily each 3 months.

RFI on 12th dec 2018 from Berlin embassy. request was for Updated 1229 and police clearances which were updated 3rd jan 2019, visa granted 11 jan. Entry before end august 2019.

Good luck and be patient ....
Cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello,

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the information on this forum.... i appreciate it very much.

My wife and i applied for a 309 from france on 7th feb 2018, medicals and pid done at end feb, updated bank statements call logs and additional information sent voluntarily each 3 months.

RFI on 12th dec 2018 from Berlin embassy. request was for Updated 1229 and police clearances which were updated 3rd jan 2019, visa granted 11 jan. Entry before end august 2019.

Good luck and be patient ....
Cheers
Congratulations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I submitted my application in Hong Kong. Anyone knows the timeline?
Some say the processing of application in Hong Kong are quite long.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My husband received his visa (Subclass:309) today. We applied on 16 July 2018 and visa granted on 09 Jan 2019. It took less than 6 months. Our application was front loaded.

Citizenship:SRI LANKA; Country of residence:SRI LANKA; Processing Office:Australian Embassy, Beirut

Hope you all get your visa granted soon.
Congratulations, interesting it was processed by Beirut Embassy for a SL application. Any reason why?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello... New here...

1. Please how do you know which office is processing your application. Is it the option to choose the closest office to you in the form?

2.Does anyone know anything about the average processing time for Kenya and Pretoria.

Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I submitted my application in Hong Kong. Anyone knows the timeline?
Some say the processing of application in Hong Kong are quite long.
We lodged our application in Hong Kong as well. June 2018 and we're still waiting for a case officer up until now.

When did you lodge your application?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Favor, I think it’s generally processed at the closest centre to the visa applicant. My husband is applying from Nigeria so getting processed through Pretoria. I think waiting times are quite long at the moment, we applied in August 2017 and are almost at the max processing time now and still waiting...

·
Registered
22 Posts
309 Granted :)

Got the wonderful news yesterday - my husband's visa has been granted!

Our timeline:
Applied - 16 July 2018
Medicals submitted - 28 August 2018 (first available appointment)
Request for further info - 23 November 2018 (sponsor's birth certificate). This was uploaded on 5 December 2018 as we had to order a copy. This was the only communication we received.
Visa granted - 14 January 2019

Interestingly, the status of my application (the sponsor) changed to 'Approved', and as expected, husband's to 'Finalised'.

Good luck to you all, and thank you so much to everyone on this forum. Such a truly helpful and generous group of people - thank you.

1901 - 1920 of 5333 Posts